• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Garfield

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 31, 2018
I called it last night, Stewart shot himself in the foot over tax cuts, if you remember I said as soon as he said no tax cuts Gove looked at Boris and smiled, as he was dead in the water the second after

Good riddance really, he campaign was be 'opposite' to Boris, simply as that

repeater

Oct 27, 2017
I called it last night, Stewart shot himself in the foot over tax cuts, if you remember I said as soon as he said no tax cuts Gove looked at Boris and smiled, as he was dead in the water the second after

Good riddance really, he campaign was be 'opposite' to Boris, simply as that
He never stood a chance from the beginning, considering that the constituents would be first Tory MPs and then -- worse yet -- the Tory membership at large. He had his suicide run and created some noise as intended, that's about as much as he could ever hope for.

Also the bolded sounds to me about as good as you can hope for in this context.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
The UK needs better dreams.

Hashtag made in DreamsPS4.

It would be an absolute whiplash at this point if Gove suddenly pulls ahead and wins. But of course Boris has "Charisma" of some kind. Seriously, what kind of charisma does he actually have? Ability to tell a joke? I can tell a joke, doesn't mean I should be Prime Minister.

Deleted member 835

User requested account deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck Rory.

Can't wait for Boris to be PM, get fuck all done, be seen as a failure and then disappear for good when he loses a election.

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Fuck Rory.

Can't wait for Boris to be PM, get fuck all done, be seen as a failure and then disappear for good when he loses a election.

I certainly hope so, but the nightmare of Boris calling a snap election to win a mandate for no deal, allied with the Brexit Party, is worryingly plausible.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I don't think that would work. Brexit party seem like WTO or nothing which is crazy town but exactly what they want to make money for their masters and the select few themselves who don't actually believe in the all the Britain hurrah crap.

It would be the Lib Dems if anyone as crazy as that sounds and you could hang the 2nd Ref on them :D

All likelihood, hung parliament again and who knows.

Hunt is related to the Queen. I do love this anti establishment Brexit.

Deleted member 18857

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
With all that happened, Rory would be smart to defect to the Libdem and ride his newfound popularity to become their leader.
Out-Chuka Chuka.

Deleted member 835

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I certainly hope so, but the nightmare of Boris calling a snap election to win a mandate for no deal, allied with the Brexit Party, is worryingly plausible.
Brexit Party hate Boris, they were calling him traitor etc. Farage said he would never form a alliance with him. If he did I can see the crazies getting pissed.

I also don't think they will get a majority either

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Swinson will probably get it.

I think deep down people like Farage probably want to stay in the EU so they still have a job fuelled by hate and ignorance. It must have been really annoying when leave won and their MEP gig was up, Brexit hasn't happened yet so he got to make the Brexit party, extending his MEP gig making money in the process after being lost at sea, well, kissing Trump's arse aside.

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
Brexit Party hate Boris, they were calling him traitor etc. Farage said he would never form a alliance with him. If he did I can see the crazies getting pissed.

Farage and his cultists will do it if it makes expedient sense. They're not that principled.

Deleted member 835

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Farage was saying otherwise last night, saying he could work with Boris if he was going for no deal.

I certainly hope he'd lose, but I'm not confident of it. There's enough nutters in the country after all.
I can still see either party swallowing the other. It would also kill the Tories with in fighting

Farage and his cultists will do it if it makes expedient sense. They're not that principled.
Am betting some voters are crazy enough to go back to UKIP over it.

Last edited:

Brotherhood93

Oct 28, 2017
A little late on the Rory Stewart news and I'm sure this has been noted already but I've been trying for ages now to figure out who he reminded of...then I saw someone use this gif on another thread and it became apparent.

72acfe534c4493496e655a31c95f8d5ef0f4f73bcb2c8b2b062e4aee5f0c9640.gif

Anyway, glad he's out so people can stop pretending to like him just because he doesn't want a no deal Brexit. I'm still relatively confident parliament won't let that happen, which will bring down any government sooner or later because we will continue to not agree on anything else.

Deleted member 34788

Banned
Nov 29, 2017

He amended his comments slightly today to say he basically saying a deal could be done do a deal but massively, massively qualified to the point he pulled a Corbyn and said do what they say, THEN they will join up. It fucking killed may, even inviting Corbyn into no.10 but all, ALL for nothing. Those two are fucking moderates compared to Boris and farage.

The amended statement made by farage is just him trolling the Tories.

I mean, nuke your own party, piss off most of not all of your MPs, and a large part of your base and hope, hope farage won't take advantage of a wrecked party, you yourself killed? Lol.

Tories will no confidence themselves before they do a deal with farage.

Murfield

Oct 27, 2017
Fuck Rory.

I am a bit worried he could "plan" a no-deal and then claim competency when/if it happens.

I think his base would be happy if he deliberately derailed a train if it somehow meant flipping the bird to the EU.

Deleted member 835

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He amended his comments slightly today to say he basically saying a deal could be done do a deal but massively, massively qualified to the point he pulled a Corbyn and said do what they say, THEN they will join up. It fucking killed may, even inviting Corbyn into no.10 but all, ALL for nothing. Those two are fucking moderates compared to Boris and farage.

The amended statement made by farage is just him trolling the Tories.

I mean, nuke your own party, piss off most of not all of your MPs, and a large part of your base and hope, hope farage won't take advantage of a wrecked party, you yourself killed? Lol.

Tories will no confidence themselves before they do a deal with farage.
Yep

I am a bit worried he could "plan" a no-deal and then claim competency when/if it happens.

I think his base would be happy if he deliberately derailed a train if it somehow meant flipping the bird to the EU.
Luckily it is MPs he has to work with not crazy civilians

Lagamorph

Wrong About Chicken
Oct 26, 2017
I don't understand what Corbyn was supposed to commit to today that he hadn't committed to before?
He's previously only committed to supporting a referendum on a Tory Brexit deal. Today he was committing to a referendum on any Brexit deal.

He still won't commit to Remain being on that referendum though, only "real choices for Leave and Remain voters" which stinks of the remain choice being Unicorn Labour Brexit.

Puroresu_kid

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
He's previously only committed to supporting a referendum on a Tory Brexit deal. Today he was committing to a referendum on any Brexit deal.

He still won't commit to Remain being on that referendum though, only "real choices for Leave and Remain voters" which stinks of the remain choice being Unicorn Labour Brexit.

What I don't understand is its all well thinking backing remain will lose voters but what good is a labour government after the UK has crashed out of the EU with no deal.

If for every 1 vote lost to the brexit party 4 are lost to remain parties doesn't wake Corbyn the fuck up I don't know what will.

He is in for a one almighty shock if he think they are coming back just because he says any deal must be put back to the people.

Goodlifr

Nov 6, 2017

Unless I'm going crazy, I'm pretty sure last week he committed to a referendum on any Brexit deal?

Deleted member 862

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Unless I'm going crazy, I'm pretty sure last week he committed to a referendum on any Brexit deal?
He did but that doesn't make it Labour policy. Today was about consulting MPs and he's off to talk to the trade unions soon then whatever is decided will be made public.

Also there's a letter today from 27 Labour MPs who have warned against a second referendum so even if Labour (the party) back it and for some reason a few Tories do too it might still fail to get enough support.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Corbyn gets a GE sooner or later and really, he probably think the tories will take the brunt of Brexit. Corbyn coming down solidly for a remain position makes little difference to him I would think, people will be pissed but Tories will get the fire more than them and if things are really shit, he honestly has more chance of winning just for try anything different than Tories for 10 years, Corbyn is counting on that. I guess the most disappointing aspect would be not seeing if he did take a strong remain 2nd Ref ballot, what swing they would get in the polls which could make the Tories soften their stance if Labour shot up the polls.

Oct 25, 2017
Very lol of me to consider Corbyn actually moving towards a solid position and being let down again...

From something I read this morning, apparently the internal polling at the Labour meeting today reiterated that picking one of leave or remain would hurt in different but impactful ways. But I don't know who were behind those numbers or not, and surely the voter diversion to Lib Dems etc should be the obvious trigger...

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Apparently it's down hill after a slight bump as companies were stocking up for the result of Brexit.

Whole thing is a shit show.

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
Very lol of me to consider Corbyn actually moving towards a solid position and being let down again...

the only way what he thinks will matter is if he gets into power, i don't really care one way or the other about the internal labour party struggle in opposition, barring a miracle he will be in a coalition and the price will be remain as an option(unless he teams up with the tories, which would be more than entertaining)

if he tries to pull anything else then he's finished.

Gawge

Oct 27, 2017
How can anyone look at Corbyn's statement and say he doesn't back a second referendum?

"I have already made the case, on the media and in Dublin, that it is now right to demand that any deal is put to a public vote."

Seems black and white to me.

The Guardian are denying he has definitively backed a second referendum because "he has not yet committed to including a second referendum in the Labour manifesto". Conveniently ignoring that he cannot make that decision, it isn't up to him.

Corbyn could revoke article 50, enter Schengen and adopt the Euro and a significant Remain crowd would be saying it's not good enough because he didn't do it draped in a latex EU flag.

GAMEPROFF

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
How can anyone look at Corbyn's statement and say he doesn't back a second referendum?

"I have already made the case, on the media and in Dublin, that it is now right to demand that any deal is put to a public vote."

Seems black and white to me.
For me, it sounds like he just want to have anything that is negotiated between the UK and the EU for what is going to be the relationship going forward needs to be confirmed in a public vote.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
All we can hope for now is all the bluff and bravado over being willing to do a no deal brexit is just campaigning nonsense and calmer heads will prevail when whichever cunt is in power.

Garfield

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 31, 2018
Everyone keeps lauding Stewart as keeping it real, lest we forget he sat there and claimed he would get the WA through the 'door'

With no detail how he intended to do that

Status
Not open for further replies.