• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017

It's probably more handbags than anything, but it's worrying to see this in our intelligence services.

I just wonder if the officials are actively trying to keep him out of the office, as futile as it may be. It'll just rile up the 'anti-establishment' loons who somehow miss that the bellend is an Etonian.

Garfield

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 31, 2018
I don't get why the Brexit people are so against Europe. Evidently, some of the security people at the parliament share their views!

(He received support from a lot of his colleagues and could go in and work normally afterwards, fortunately. Still.)

I would hope it is because of his attire rather than skin colour, I presume there is a dress code in Brussels

Lagamorph

Wrong About Chicken
Oct 26, 2017
Well it might actually happen this time as it's mainly Tories who will almost certainly lose their jobs under Hunt or Johnson.

So basically it depends which will win out. Party or spite.

Psychotext

Oct 30, 2017
This should terrify all of us...

_107741474_optimised-second_ref-nc.png

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Yeah... No.

The majority of those will quickly change their minds after a quick chat with Boris' team, offering them a decent job.

No way enough Tories have a backbone

There's already 10 who voted to stop no deal (and would have won that vote had it not been for Labour Leavers), and there's a large number of people currently in the cabinet who have been pretty vocal about it, and will likely not have those jobs soon. Does that add up to 30? I'm not sure, but they'll have some influence.

In other news, Boris is leading the polls by 48 points. There's some other numbers here.

48% think he can be trusted, but 76% think he'll make a good leader. Personally I'd have thought trust in someone was a prerequisite for them being a good leader, but the more you know!

Psychotext

Oct 30, 2017
A good leader to them is someone that gives them a no deal Brexit. They're completely detached from reality.

Garfield

Banned
Oct 31, 2018
Phillip Hammond is a man who knows he is about to get sacked, anyone would think the oppostion is power..Tories are turning on each other

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
I am utterly convinced Boris is simply going to quite happy for parliament to block him, it is his easy out, as long as he pushes for a no deal, he can say I wanted no deal but MP's blocked me
I doubt it. Because then what? This is his main promise. If he can't deliver it then he's no 'better' than May. It's not like this is a small issue people don't care about.

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
I doubt it. Because then what? This is his main promise. If he can't deliver it then he's no 'better' than May. It's not like this is a small issue people don't care about.

he doesn't really care about brexit, it just gave him a route to becoming PM, i don't think either outcome matters much to him much as long as he achieved the top job and the related bump in future income from speaking and articles.

Garfield

Banned
Oct 31, 2018

Optics, May compromised, the WA is rubbish as she did not say 'no'. I beleive Boris will say 'no'. I do apprecite he will still get pinned to the cross, both of them know they can not get HB through as it has allready been voted on, so they must be working on how to sell 'not their fault' mantra

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
Optics, May compromised, the WA is rubbish as she did not say 'no'. I beleive Boris will say 'no'. I do apprecite he will still get pinned to the cross, both of them know they can not get HB through as it has allready been voted on, so they must be working on how to sell 'not their fault' mantra

I wonder if Boris can Dunkirk it and turn a loss into a splendid defeat the tory base will forgive him for, i think they would prefer a Rorke's drift but that's unlikely.

phisheep

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes
Oct 26, 2017

If they can't get it through they'll blame the EU and the Opposition. If they get it through and it all goes horribly wrong they'll blame the EU and the electorate. Not their fault at all.

Deleted member 862

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Reading more than the headline (which most of the comments don't seem to have done) this is probably the clearest indication yet that even Len McClusky would get onboard with a policy shift.

Paul Mason is wrong to suggest my "annoyance" will intensify if Labour becomes an unambiguous remain party. Providing a proper debate takes place in the manner I'm hoping for, Unite will support the party's final position. Loyalty and self-discipline is in our bones. I commend the same virtues to all commentators.

Psychotext

Oct 30, 2017
Remember when Boris voted for Theresa May's deal, including the backstop.
Apparently not, you must be mistaken.

Just noticed this in the article above...

The other says that to do so would destroy Labour supporting the north and elsewhere while failing to secure vital marginals — 55 of the party's 75 targets are "Leave" seats
Treating seats as purely leave or remain seats stands to backfire spectacularly... and even if you did, how many currently safe Labour "remain" seats are they going to lose as their base looks for a party that represents their views?

Hell, I've been a Labour supporter for a quarter of a century... and unless my local Labour MP is spectacular on local issues, I'll either not be voting, or protest voting.

Last edited:

Ushojax

Oct 30, 2017

Reading more than the headline (which most of the comments don't seem to have done) this is probably the clearest indication yet that even Len McClusky would get onboard with a policy shift.

"Paul Mason argues his corner well, but really needs to stop being so dismissive of opposing views."

Yes, Len McCluskey actually wrote that.

repeater

Oct 27, 2017
Treating seats as purely leave or remain seats stands to backfire spectacularly... and even if you did, how many currently safe Labour "remain" seats are they going to lose as their base looks for a party that represents their views?
Yup, the argument cited is a complete fallacy. This was a good Twitter thread about the statistics of why it's bad reasoning:

Psychotext

Oct 30, 2017
The conservatives would be spectacularly fucked by those results in a FPTP system. No wonder they're so desperate for a no deal cheerleader to captain them.

Zastava

Feb 19, 2018
London
Yo FYI Ruptly is a Russian propaganda network owned by RT. Even if it's seemingly innocuous I'd advise against using it as a source for anything.

Also, going back a few posts, Len McCluskey is a dickhead who should shut the fuck up.

Deleted member 34788

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 29, 2017

Ok, good. McCluskey is one of the biggest fucking sticks in the mud, if not THE biggest stick for labour adopting a remain position in the ref,so this is a deep hint he has all but accepted labour will need and has to back remain in a second ref. It does look likely they will have to accept a remain position or they will be forced to during the sept conference. I think there will be a domino effect once the party position is declared at the end of July.

I reckon internal polling and wargaming against a full bore no deal BoJo pm showed labs best chance of winning a GE, so McCluskey and others against a remain position are begrudgingly moving to that side since they do now want to be seen of heard siding with anything to do with BoJo.

Deleted member 835

User requested account deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yo FYI Ruptly is a Russian propaganda network owned by RT. Even if it's seemingly innocuous I'd advise against using it as a source for anything.

Also, going back a few posts, Len McCluskey is a dickhead who should shut the fuck up.
I don't use it for info. Just saw the traffic warden vid and thought it was dope.

Zastava

Feb 19, 2018
London

That first tweet is just incredible. Bitter old fuckwits blaming the young for the crime of still having their youth.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK

That first tweet is just incredible. Bitter old fuckwits blaming the young for the crime of still having their youth.

I just love the fact that their argument is both that they had nothing and that they also had enough to buy a house and live comfortably for the rest of their lives.

They aren't even making the argument of being frugal, just more of being bitter that the 'youth' have expensive clothes compared to them at their age.

A complete lack of understanding on how the world has changed compared to their youth.

CampFreddie

A King's Landing
Oct 25, 2017
Because all good parents want their children to grow up with nothing. That's why these Tory members all support high inheritance taxes after all...

They have solved the cognitive dissonance of wanting a Brexit that is objectively bad for everyone by acting like the desolation of post-WWII Britain was a good thing... Whereas the people who actually fought in the war devoted themselves to social improvements and ensuring another world war wouldn't happen.

Garfield

Banned
Oct 31, 2018
JRM and Dominic Grieve on pienears politics!!

JRM thinks Liz Truss or Javid will be chancellor

DG is trying tomorrow to get no deal off the table (NI Bill) he does not want to bring the GOV down unless he has to, but he will vote NC if it comes to it to stop no deal, he is entirely confident there is enough candidates who will vote NC and bring down the GOV to stop hard brexit

BJ is mis leading people and thinks he knows he is going to dissapoint a lot of people, he is not trustworthy and he knows hard brexit is not passable..

John is noting that this is how far politics has turned, we are no longer surprised the attorney general just said live on radio that he will bring down the GOV and just called the future PM untrustworthy...

A conservative MP will make eforts to collapse the GOV....2019 people

Last edited:

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I often wonder if people are stupid, deluded or know exactly what their doing, self interest enrichment and all their chat is nonsense to push it through because it's quite scary if it's not, sucks both ways but they really aren't that mad and deluded are they, well some of them maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.