• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 31, 2017
I think people are making a mistake by buying into the tinge party's claims to want to change the system. On the contrary, they are the party of the status quo, who saw their parties changing and, rightly or wrongly, wanted no part in that. They are the people who look back at the past decade or so and see absolutely no issues with the policies their parties pushed, and how austerity/courting the far right vote/fucking social services into the ground contributed to the Brexit vote they claim to be opposed to. They are the party of everything was broadly fine, lets keep it like that. The change label is piece of opportunistic bullshit branding, just like pretty much everything else about them.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I think people are making a mistake by buying into the tinge party's claims to want to change the system. On the contrary, they are the party of the status quo, who saw their parties changing and, rightly or wrongly, wanted no part in that. They are the people who look back at the past decade or so and see absolutely no issues with the policies their parties pushed, and how austerity/courting the far right vote/fucking social services into the ground contributed to the Brexit vote they claim to be opposed to. They are the party of everything was broadly fine, lets keep it like that. The change label is piece of opportunistic bullshit branding, just like pretty much everything else about them.
Exactly.

On the surface what they say they are aiming for is fine but when you look at the people involved, the things they have voted for and for the things they have defended since forming its clear they are just a bunch of grifters wanting to get everything they can.

JonnyDBrit

God and Anime
Oct 25, 2017
That you read about this in the Daily Mail is irrelevant, the key point is what source were the Daily Mail using, and is there a success rate for evading of the police based on ethnicity?

I wasn't born in this country, but if there is statistical evidence that people from my community were disproportionately doing something good or bad, I'd want to know about it. I find it highly disconcerting the premise that ignoring issues is somehow going to placate extremist elements. If anything it provides more fuel and increases the toxicity and disillusionment.

The key point was on how the statistic in question could be and was easily being wilfully exaggerated (by Sadjady) and decontextualised. As in the case of the Daily Mail, who are notorious for this exact kind of stunt, and therefore it is relevant when they are the primary 'source', even if interpreting someone else's data, for a claim.

And I'm not ignoring an issue; this sort of information is for the British Transport Police, and particularly the British Transport Police operating within the London Underground - because you know, this isn't information with regards to the country at large - to measure up and determine action upon, including whether or not it actually is 'relative to the population' - as opposed to, again, merely the people they're actually catching vs the overwhelming majority who are not and could be freaking anything (because the majority of cases go without even a suspect), and whether or not they need to prioritise resources accordingly. It is not for someone looking to be an MEP to deliberately distort that data to unduly rationalise fearmongering of an ethnic minority.

At least he decided to step down.

Deleted member 862

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
this is going to get boring quick but Change UK have removed another MEP candidate Joseph Russo

D46aVZXW0AAxWLy.jpg

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Opportunist tossers just playing the same game as Farage and company. How much money can they make by taking a side on the European issue and milking it for all it's worth while not giving a damn about anyone.

Spaghetti

Dec 2, 2017

Sadly, I think only the worst of the worst will be weeded out through this exercise. There will still be serial grifters and self promoters like Frances Wheetman standing by the end of this, I'm sure.

Deleted member 18857

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't understand, when you plan to go into politics, how you can also tweet the most insanely offensive thing. Were all these people drunk? No one to tell them to remove the tweet the following day?
Tweeter sure is changing public life in interesting ways.

kradical

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Interesting how people who claim to care passionately about racism when someone who once liked one of Jeremy Corbyn's tweets goes on to post some dodgy Rothschild conspiracy meme don't have anything to say about numerous vetted and approved prospective CHUK candidate's racist views.

Flammable D

Oct 30, 2017
Interesting how people who claim to care passionately about racism when someone who once liked one of Jeremy Corbyn's tweets goes on to post some dodgy Rothschild conspiracy meme don't have anything to say about numerous vetted and approved prospective CHUK candidate's racist views.
It's almost

Like they only care about racism when they can weaponise it

Oct 27, 2017
London
Fuck the "Change UK" party, actually sabotaging the remain effort in these EU elections.by splitting the voter base which still matters for D'Hondt. If they had any sense at all they'd run on a joint platform with other remain parties

Tzarscream

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
CHUK are at least removing them from the party though. I agree the vetting process was clearly bad, but if you're a new party with little prep time for the EU elections i can see how they had to cut corners, and hence this happens.

I was annoyed when people immediately started shitting on Corbyn when he first became leader and gave him 2 years of benefit of the doubt. I'll give CHUK the same opportunity.

Not a good look though.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
CHUK are at least removing them from the party though. I agree the vetting process was clearly bad, but if you're a new party with little prep time for the EU elections i can see how they had to cut corners, and hence this happens.

I was annoyed when people immediately started shitting on Corbyn when he first became leader and gave him 2 years of benefit of the doubt. I'll give CHUK the same opportunity.

Not a good look though.
On the other hand, if you started a party with the sole aims of being against racism and wanting to change how politics are done and then instantly have repeated racist members and comments come up and also play the same shitty political games we all know, it gives me little faith in anything they say.

I mean they apparently spent tonnes on vetting yet in a day, random people on twitter have found multiple reprehensible comments from their new members.

Add on top all the other bullshit like tinge or being happy with austerity etc and how anyone can give them the benefit of doubt I honestly don't know.

*Splinter

Oct 25, 2017
On the other hand, if you started a party with the sole aims of being against racism and wanting to change how politics are done and then instantly have repeated racist members and comments come up and also play the same shitty political games we all know, it gives me little faith in anything they say.

I mean they apparently spent tonnes on vetting yet in a day, random people on twitter have found multiple reprehensible comments from their new members.

Add on top all the other bullshit like tinge or being happy with austerity etc and how anyone can give them the benefit of doubt I honestly don't know.
He's right though. They have no existing members or infrastructure, sure they can throw money at the problem but when you have a large organisation of people, reality is there's gonna be some shitheads in there. All you can do is deal with them appropriately as they're discovered.

There's some schadenfreude with TIG though as they were more than willing to ignore this fact when it gave them an attack line on Corbyn.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
He's right though. They have no existing members or infrastructure, sure they can throw money at the problem but when you have a large organisation of people, reality is there's gonna be some shitheads in there. All you can do is deal with them appropriately as they're discovered.

There's some schadenfreude with TIG though as they were more than willing to ignore this fact when it gave them an attack line on Corbyn.
How large is their actual organisation though? I mean im sure there are people backstage but arent there only like a douzen MPs so far?

Deleted member 888

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Time for freedom

Nicola Sturgeon has said she wants to hold a second referendum on Scottish independence by 2021 if the country is taken out of the EU.

The first minister told Holyrood that she would introduce legislation soon to set the rules for another vote.

But she will not yet ask the UK government for a Section 30 order, which underpinned the last independence referendum in 2014.

And she urged her party to grow support and demand for independence.

She told MSPS: "A choice between Brexit and a future for Scotland as an independent European nation should be offered in the lifetime of this parliament."

She also argued that the past three years have shown that the Westminster system does not serve Scotland's interests, and described the devolution settlement as "utterly inadequate."

The first minister she said hoped legislation for a referendum would be in place by the end of the year.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-48026430

8 minutes, 607 comments already. Some British jimmies rustled for sure.

I would have made a topic out of this, but I can't make topics, so I think it's most relevant to Brexit.

*Splinter

Oct 25, 2017
How large is their actual organisation though? I mean im sure there are people backstage but arent there only like a douzen MPs so far?
I mean including these people who applied to be MEPs.

Stuff like the "funny tinge" comment are more of an issue since that was straight from one of the handful of actual MPs they have.

kradical

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
CHUK are at least removing them from the party though.

They are? Two prospective candidates have decided to not stand for election, I've seen no evidence of anyone being expelled from the party.
And you can't on one hand cut some slack for CHUK's woeful vetting of a few dozen MEP candidates whilst also lambasting Labour for not being totally on top of the actions of all 500,000+ members.

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Trouble is with politicians, the type of people who want to be politicians are exactly the type of people you don't want as politicians, they are all self serving chameleons who'd sell their grannies up the river if it would give them ££££, exposure, or progress their careers.

You can't believe a word a single one of them says, the fact that they have said this kind of stuff on twitter and then stand for a party who's ethos goes directly against what they said shows they have no sense at all.

On another note, I had a Tory leaflet posted through my door at the weekend, man I'd wished I was in when that came.

Tzarscream

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

That attitude though is just the exact same mentality of the people who slammed Corbyn from day 1, just in reverse.

Which is fine, fair enough, but if you wonder why people were so unfair to Corbyn from the off, you have your answer, they weren't interested in giving much benefit of the doubt.

Deleted member 888

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
9bf9l3g.png

Someone in Scotland, who is supposed to be looking out for the Scottish people, wanting an option taken off the table.

Lib Dems are trash and will always be trash 🗑 Tory-lite.

taLabnr.png

Because your Conservative Government masters aren't doing any of that?

Every party in Scotland other than The SNP and Greens is basically voting for the Tories. Which shade of Tory do you want?

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
That attitude though is just the exact same mentality of the people who slammed Corbyn from day 1, just in reverse.

Which is fine, fair enough, but if you wonder why people were so unfair to Corbyn from the off, you have your answer, they weren't interested in giving much benefit of the doubt.
They aren't comparable at all in my mind.

Corbyn came into the second biggest party and grew it to the largest membership in all of Europe iirc. The party had historical issues that hadn't been addressed properly and from all the stuff I have read he has implemented a lot to try and reduce any issues regarding racism etc.

The independent group are brand new, only have a few members and have only just become an official party.

There is no way you can compare the task of making changes. The difference is like comparing the second largest political party in the country to a group of mates who just got together.

War Peaceman

Oct 28, 2017
Change UK are exposing the bad behaviour of these individuals. They are using their platform as a political party to highlight the bigotry of these individuals rather than support it like the traditional parties do. Bold move, very different from the usual politics.

Arkestry

Oct 26, 2017
London
The next Remainiacs is going to be interesting. Hopefully this throttles the flow of CUK gushing from the past couple of months.

Tygre

Oct 25, 2017
Chesire, UK
Jesus. This went from hilarious fuckup to extremely troubling real fast.

CUK are a bad joke, but we need to start taking the sort of attitudes they're promoting seriously. The sort of bigotry that is rife within their party should have no place in our society.

Flammable D

Oct 30, 2017
The next Remainiacs is going to be interesting. Hopefully this throttles the flow of CUK gushing from the past couple of months.
If they didn't stop before why would they now

They've been cheerleading all the way through Tory policies and funny tinges

Edit: please give me the cliff notes tho so I don't have to listen

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
This CHUK mess is a hilarious.

Why did they even need to so many candidates? They are unlikely to get more than 1 person elected per region so they only need 25~ish people. Do Chukka et al not personally know 2 or 3 activists/supporters/canvassers each who would want to be MEPs? Plus they have 2 sitting MEPs on their list.

Timmm

Oct 28, 2017
Manchester, UK

I had to stop listening to them a while ago - they're the perfect example of remain supporters who have taken no lessons from losing in 2016 and just think doing a 2nd referendum will solve everything. Dunt is a proper condescending prick as well

kradical

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The patronising middle class twats who don't give a shit when people are dying from austerity but will proudly march in London for the rights of their dogs to come on their skiing holidays do more harm than good to the remain cause.

Status
Not open for further replies.