• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrMysterio

Oct 25, 2017
Soooo, when are we allowed to drive the Brexiteers into the sea?
Because all this Brexit anxiety has made me consider how to best loot a Lidl, and the German in me counts that as a betrayal to the Fatherland! What have we become?

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
In all seriousness, the problem with this is if they fuck over the UK, which they are now justified to do, they're also fucking over the Republic of Ireland, a current and willing member of the EU.
Ireland not wanting frontex troops guarding their border is the only reason they haven't told britain to GTFO by this point.

nature boy

Oct 25, 2017
In all seriousness, the problem with this is if they fuck over the UK, which they are now justified to do, they're also fucking over the Republic of Ireland, a current and willing member of the EU.

The other leaders might be tired of Macron pulling this shit at the last minute, he'll fold at some point though, I mean he has to

Tzarscream

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The other leaders might be tired of Macron pulling this shit at the last minute, he'll fold at some point though, I mean he has to
You know, this whole Ireland thing is actually heartening, because you can't end FoM without a hard border.

Therefore FoM won't end unless somebody does a serious political shit.

Deleted member 34788

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 29, 2017

As expected, and warranted, France going for its pound of flesh before agreeing to a long ext. As a Brit I see nothing wrong with that. We need a harsh lesson on arrogance and hubris, even if it's from Macron. Hope the chatter about losing the UK EU commissioner is true. Should be just enough for a year ext, hopefully

GaimeGuy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Everyone in the EU is getting fucked over by the UK's decision.

As for Ireland, well, Northern Ireland would be best served by reunification with the Republic.

Koukalaka

Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
As expected, and warranted, France going for its pound of flesh before agreeing to a long ext. As a Brit I see nothing wrong with that. We need a harsh lesson on arrogance and hubris, even if it's from Macron. Hope the chatter about losing the UK EU commissioner is true. Should be just enough for a year ext, hopefully

This seems like a reasonable compromise to me.

Assenzio

Alt account
Banned
Mar 18, 2019
Everyone in the EU is getting fucked over by the UK's decision.

As for Ireland, well, Northern Ireland would be best served by reunification with the Republic.
It's not that easy. A third of the country is neutral, a third wants to be with Ireland and the last third wants to be in the UK.

Is not as simple as reunification and fuck it

Deleted member 835

User requested account deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Swear some of you don't realise.
1) how bad hard brexit would be for normal people (the shitty MPs and May will be fine)

2) why a Ireland reunification would be terrible at this time

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
I cannot really see that happening, till they leave they are a full member of the EU with all the rights and responsibilities that go along with it...

Lo-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
New Yawk City!
It's not that easy. A third of the country is neutral, a third wants to be with Ireland and the last third wants to be in the UK.

Is not as simple as reunification and fuck it

True, it isn't, but there would be renewed difficulties for the north in a hard Brexit, through political instability, border checks, or smuggling. That and the failure of power sharing in Stormont and the really regressive social policy affecting Northern Irish might change the region's preference in the future. Northern Irish, like everyone else in the U.K., will actually stand to lose a lot when Brexit happens, and domestic policy may amplify the effect...

Deleted member 34788

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 29, 2017
This seems like a reasonable compromise to me.

Yeah, and may has already hinted and suggested she is ready and willing to go for a year ext. I fully expect her to fold like a pack of cards for the extension and agree to almost everything Macron wants.. The talks will go on for a good while, but I think, hopefully, France will relent once they are bored of playing around with the Brit delegation.

Koukalaka

Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
Swear some of you don't realise.
1) how bad hard brexit would be for normal people (the shitty MPs and May will be fine)

2) why a Ireland reunification would be terrible at this time

This pisses me off in a lot of the non OT threads - that attitude of "the UK needs to be punished". Tell that to a diabetic worried about the supply of Insulin being disrupted.

Assenzio

Alt account
Banned
Mar 18, 2019
True, it isn't, but there would be renewed difficulties for the north in a hard Brexit, through political instability, border checks, or smuggling. That and the failure of power sharing in Stormont and the really regressive social policy affecting Northern Irish might change the region's preference in the future. Northern Irish, like everyone else in the U.K., will actually stand to lose a lot when Brexit happens, and domestic policy may amplify the effect...
that is the bigger flaw of this Brexit.

The Irish problem has no resolution, not in 60 years

Lo-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
New Yawk City!
Well, it did have a resolution, which we are now fucking up.

There is a resolution of a sort, in that the GFA has a really really sparse process for reunification. The Secretary of State for Northern Ireland has to decide to call a referendum on the subject of reunification if they believe a majority in the north wish it. How does THAT get determined? 😅

logiejames

Nov 15, 2017
UK

What the EU need to understand about May is that the Internet to her is witchcraft and thus the thought that the EU leaders may have insight to what she is actually doing in the UK is an impossibility to her. As such she feels she can tell them anything and they will be non the wiser.

Basically she's a fucking moron.

Status
Not open for further replies.