• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ravensmash

Oct 25, 2017
Love James - he attracts some utterly odd callers at times.

Haven't watched the clip yet, but I heard the one where the guy claimed he couldn't speak English.

Not sure if it was the same guy who said he was a "man of leisure" when James asked what he did...

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Love James - he attracts some utterly odd callers at times.

Haven't watched the clip yet, but I heard the one where the guy claimed he couldn't speak English.

Not sure if it was the same guy who said he was a "man of leisure" when James asked what he did...
Yeah that's Mark, the genius of our times.

Had to play it for my wife who was just dumbfounded throughout.

kradical

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I know it's pointless getting worked up by an idiot on the radio, but it's infuriating to hear these "health and safety gone mad" types not realise that the UK is one of the major players in the EU and is fully involved and supportive of pretty much all the regulations and initiatives that come out of it. I think I remember reading somewhere that the UK government has supported and voted for 99.5% of all EU laws.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
They understood what they were voting for, there was no lies, deceptions or unknowns that mattered so respect democracy.

What a shower of cunts. It perfectly shows that Brexit is a con job that for some baffling reason lots of people want it to happen. Stand up and tell the truth you spineless fucks.

Spaghetti

Dec 2, 2017
Labour hanging on, Lib Dems and Greens rallying, Conservatives languishing in obscurity, ChUKas crashed and burned, UKIP officially a dead party for absolute cranks...

Would feel better about if it the Cult of Nige wasn't riding so high, but otherwise the rest of that polling looks relatively encouraging.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
That's a jump in the dark if I saw one. "Let's see if the elections will have changed your mind! Also we have no idea how the elections will turn out. Except very bad for all of us".
"Would be a shame if someone called a real election when my deal gets rejected again".

Kaitos

Tens across the board!
Oct 25, 2017
would be crazy if the Greens ended up beating the Tories in the Euro elections

2560px-Opinion_polling_for_the_2019_European_Parliament_election_in_the_United_Kingdom_alt_v.svg.png

ronpontelle

Oct 27, 2017
I wouldn't count Labour as Brexit or Remain. It's too simplistic to take them 100% on their policy (as May does when banging on about 80% voting for Brexit parties in the GE). Even if you took Labour at 50/50 and Tories and BP at 100% leave, it's still 49% leave.

In reality, I'd say Labour would be more than 50% remain. We've also seen from surveys that there are probably a bunch of people who are voting for parties that are the polar opposite of their views!

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The nihilist in me wants revoke just to see the absolute pandemonium that would be unleashed.

I think it could actually be quite calm, like if anyone brought it up, people would just say enough, I don't want to hear about it anymore, Brexit is that draining. It would be relief all around, ever Brexiters would be secretly ecstatic that they can milk an MEP job like before and to never push it too far again and lose it. Outrage may burn bright with some people but it wouldn't last. You would just need politicians to focus on fixing the country and the people who felt disillusioned immediately, like don't even take it for granted, going back to status quo, sort the country out, get headlines out that you are doing stuff, people on the ground, talking, listening. austerity kicked to the curb etc. There will still be ignorant racists but enough on side because you're actually helping them, I think you could see a turn around and take the Brexit party on the chin.

ManixMiner

Banned
Dec 17, 2017
The Un-united Kingdom
Probably for the best that the EU hold strong on the 31st October dead line, we've fucked around enough now, the EU have shown remarkable patients with us Brits but even me who was very optimistic over the first extension can see we need to get on with it and sign the WA or just revoke and remain. If we remain I can't see anyone offering up another Brexit, anger at first then people will forget and move on and it'll get thrown around time to time.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I think people are overestimating the Brexit party beyond Brexit. Just look at the crap Farage has said in the past, that stuff won't fly with most people and if Brexit is cancelled, May won't be leader anyway.

I honestly think the majority of people will be glad to never hear about Brexit ever again and won't want it revisited if they revoke article 50. Farage might have a lunatic following but not enough.

DiscountBeds

Alt account
Banned
May 6, 2019
According to the last polling I saw, only 25% of Labour voters think they're supportive of remain. And in fact only 78% of Lib Dem voters thought they were for remain!
Using my totally unscientific method of multiplying all of those polling results by the numbers in that poll, I get to 31.38% who support remain.

Zastava

Feb 19, 2018
London
According to the last polling I saw, only 25% of Labour voters think they're supportive of remain. And in fact only 78% of Lib Dem voters thought they were for remain!
Using my totally unscientific method of multiplying all of those polling results by the numbers in that poll, I get to 31.38% who support remain.
You're right. This is totally unscientific and worthless.

peekaboo

Nov 4, 2017
Liam Fox is repeating the no. 10 line of "it's either No Deal or No Brexit if you don't vote for the deal now". Feels like ENDGAME.

kradical

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I haven't seen this particular poll, but 25% of Labour voters thinking the party supports remain isn't the same as 25% of Labour voters supporting remain

EDIT: lol

Lagamorph

Wrong About Chicken
Oct 26, 2017
Got my postal vote for the European elections today.

Have voted for Lib Dem. They came fourth in the last election, behind Labour, UKIP and the Conservatives.

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
Liam Fox is repeating the no. 10 line of "it's either No Deal or No Brexit if you don't vote for the deal now". Feels like ENDGAME.

i have to thank whoever mentioned the "Disgraced Former Defence Secretary Liam Fox" extension for chrome, it always makes reading a newspaper online a positive experience.

DiscountBeds

Alt account
Banned
May 6, 2019
I haven't seen this particular poll, but 25% of Labour voters thinking the party supports remain isn't the same as 25% of Labour voters supporting remain

Yeah I know, I was just responding in kind to the logic that voting for a party in the European elections is a tacit approval of their remain/leave stance, which makes little sense if polling shows their voters don't totally understand every parties position on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.