• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Emily Thornberry has said that Labour will vote against the WAB when it comes to the House next month.

So that's good.

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
Emily Thornberry has said that Labour will vote against the WAB when it comes to the House next month.

So that's good.

They have been talking to the government for far too long, I'm still of the opinion that they have nowt to do with the untrustworthy buggers until they actually move.

I don't think anyone has a high opinion of May and others on trust, so it wouldn't damage Labour to stay away.

Funky Papa

Oct 28, 2017

6mA8zy0.png

Unclebenny

Oct 28, 2017

I do wonder how "clear" the Brexit policies of the other parties would be if they were in opposition, with actual influence on what happens next and the possibility of getting into power in the next GE.
And also how much of the lack of clarity of Labour's policy is apocryphal FUD - they're still following the approach agreed at the last party conference, and it's hardly complicated or unclear - just unpalatable to remainers.

But.......... the Brexit party has no policies.

Garfield

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 31, 2018
The Brexit party is a protest vote, we all know that, and that is why May has thrown the WA back to parliament in June, as she will use the results next Thursday as bait...vote down the WA and look what we are sending to the EU

Unclebenny

Oct 28, 2017
If they have only one policy, then you might suggest that's pretty clear - hence that polling...

I mean they literally have no policies and are not announcing any until after the elections:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/may/13/brexit-party-policies-eu-elections-farage

Of course I understand that their aim is obvious, a lot more so than Labour or the Conservatives but then they voted for the referendum, so they made their own bed.

So in that regard I can see why people would suggest the Brexit parts' policies are clearer but the actual truth is, they have no policies.

This just adds to my belief that stated policies are of almost no relevance to most voters, increasingly so in recent years.

JonnyDBrit

God and Anime
Oct 25, 2017
Seeing the bastard walk right into that one was pretty satisfying.

So, 'joke' = not directly suggesting violence = okay.

Accurate commentary and reporting = directly inciting people...???

Also gotta love the 'It's Just A Prank Bro' excuse as part of actual political discource.

Unclebenny

Oct 28, 2017
To be fair, I think his cult would ensure he never gets too low. On the other hand, that still means we're fucked.

The difference is, he has never been high in the rankings. That's why he has never managed to get elected despite trying 7 (i think) times, most people in this country don't actually like him, despite the amount of power he wields over our political class.

It's depressing the amount of power and influence this guffawing buffoon and his royal cadre of useful idiots is given.

kradical

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Here's the video.
Ricky Gervais went off the boil a few years ago, but he's really redeeming himself with all his work on this Change UK project

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
Seeing the bastard walk right into that one was pretty satisfying.

God he's contemptible. Now he's 'defending comedy' is he? That's like a dog defending sausages by eating them.

BUT CONTEEEXTTTTT
Ah yes, the vast intellectual vistas that open up when you contextualise internet fuckwits. My mind is blown by them..

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
God he's contemptible. Now he's 'defending comedy' is he? That's like a dog defending sausages by eating them.

BUT CONTEEEXTTTTT
Ah yes, the vast intellectual vistas that open up when you contextualise internet fuckwits. My mind is blown by them..
They believe the white supremacy shit. So they believe their brains are superior too. Even when they're absolutely demonstrably not.

Unclebenny

Oct 28, 2017
They believe the white supremacy shit. So they believe their brains are superior too. Even when they're absolutely demonstrably not.

This moron and all those like him grew popular on the dark corners of the net where their stupid ideas weren't sufficiently challenged. Mostly because no one wants to hang around a bunch of edgelord boys using racial epithets.

As soon as they step into the real world they are hopelessly outclassed by anyone who had to develop conversational skills. Rather than spout easily digestible phrases and expect the conversation to be over.

You're right, they believe themselves superior because otherwise everyone would be avoiding them for their abhorrent views and tedious discourse, not their stonking great intellect.

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
As usual with the "it's happening" rumours of the day, it's nothing

She's not going to step down before brexit is 'delivered' whatever that means, and no one else is going to challenge her because no one wants to be in charge until brexit has been delivered because it'll be the end of anyone who delivers any form of brexit. This is so obvious that I don't understand why anyone floats the idea she'll go before then.

I mean, I've literally lost track of all the things that have happened that *normally* would have been cause enough for the PM to step down that have happened to May and her government.

Flammable D

Oct 30, 2017
She's not going to step down before brexit is 'delivered' whatever that means, and no one else is going to challenge her because no one wants to be in charge until brexit has been delivered because it'll be the end of anyone who delivers any form of brexit. This is so obvious that I don't understand why anyone floats the idea she'll go before then.

I mean, I've literally lost track of all the things that have happened that *normally* would have been cause enough for the PM to step down that have happened to May and her government.
Everyone was talking up the 1922 meeting today like it was going to be significant and they were going to make her define a timetable

Like the last 5 times

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Meet again after the 2nd reading to discuss a time table for standing down. So she'll lose that and discuss some more.

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think I'm just going to vote LD at this point. Can't bring myself to vote for the fence-sitters.

pulsemyne

Oct 30, 2017
Bell end Boris just threw his crooked hat into the leadership contest. Give it a few weeks and he'll change his mind after he receives no widespread support for fellow mps. He is still hated.

Psychotext

Oct 30, 2017
Fuck me, is that the best they can do in a shithole like Merthyr? I'd have thought they'd have been overrun with gammon.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Annoys me nobend farage gets an EU pension and even if we stay he will probably still get an MEP job for a long time to come because idiots vote for him.

So are Change UK MPs going to slide back into the Tories and Labour like nothing happened, probably when new leaders take over the parties giving them the excuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.