• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 31104

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
The 39 billion is more like 30 billion now btw. A large chunk of it was simply this years remittance, since we're currently still in we're paying it.

DeltaRed

Apr 27, 2018
BoJo back at it, I'm sure the EU are breaking sweats over 39 billion spread over 40 years

If May couldn't do the "divide and conquer" approach with the EU, I'm not sure what makes this clown think he can
Problem is May, Boris, the Government etc don't have to deal with reality, just keep churning out sound bites to appeal to the Mail, Sky News, the Sun and there will be no consequences domestically, just championed by the press. Its why we're in the situation we're in.

Lagamorph

Wrong About Chicken
Oct 26, 2017

BoJo's plan going well

tenor.gif

CampFreddie

A King's Landing
Oct 25, 2017
It'll only get worse, this is just the first round.
Right now, policy announcements are being made according to whatever might get the most support among Tory MPs as the candidates fight for their backing.
For the second round of voting and whatever follows, the country will be ruled by whoever can make policies to appeal to conservative party members, roughly-half of whom voted Brexit in the Euro elections.

Garfield

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 31, 2018
Baroness Sayeeda Warsi with a fair point on radio 5, when Gove was education secretary he bought in a law that banned teachers for life from teaching if they were caught with drugs

ManixMiner

Banned
Dec 17, 2017
The Un-united Kingdom
Boris is already offering high earners tax cuts. Hunt wants to go all 18th century on abortion. Leadsom is so far removed from reality that she should be in a stray jacket. These people want to fall out with no deal.

Gove, Stewart, Gyminar won't get a sniff at the second round of votes because they're the soft option.

British politics at its finest ladies and gentlemen.

Funky Papa

Oct 28, 2017
Boris is already offering high earners tax cuts. Hunt wants to go all 18th century on abortion. Leadsom is so far removed from reality that she should be in a stray jacket. These people want to fall out with no deal.

Gove, Stewart, Gyminar won't get a sniff at the second round of votes because they're the soft option.

British politics at its finest ladies and gentlemen.
tee-hee

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
You say that about Leadsom, but at least she ruled out proroguing Parliament.

Which, well, you know how bad things are when a candidate saying they aren't going to suspend democracy and rule like Charles I is actually news and and important thing to say.

Dougald

Oct 27, 2017
I'm just into the higher rate and Boris' tax cut would help me a little. But you know what else would have helped?
- Not having a stagnant economy for a decade while the Tories screwed around with Austerity
- Not getting rid of the childcare scheme so I could more easily afford to start a family
- Not pissing around with Brexit for 3 years and having my employer basically withold all spending. I'd be earning more in payrises without Brexit than this cut would provide.
- Not running the NHS to breaking point so I could actually get a doctors appointment in the last two years

But yeah a few extra quid a month from cutting taxes to the upper end of society would definitely be a votewinner for me. Fuckwits.

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
Nothing to see here

Only lost almost 12 billion in one month.

Last edited:

Hazzuh

Oct 28, 2017
I know this is beating a dead horse but it is infuriating that the Tories spent a decade saying they needed to cut public services or else we'll turn into Greece and now they're promising huge fucking tax cuts.

Rodelero

Oct 27, 2017
That tax cut proposal is total insanity. Do not want. Do not need. I genuinely don't think it would lead me to spend an extra penny. Would be terrible for the countries finances. What an absolute shithead Johnson is.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Are most of the members choosing the leader part of this tax bracket? That the only reason I suppose.

Also considering the big slice of rich middle class that voted for Brexit, he knows his audience.

Go figure, even after Brexit, poorer people still get ignored. Nothing has changed except you might make it easier for the upper class to screw them harder.

Rodelero

Oct 27, 2017
Are most of the members choosing the leader part of this tax bracket? That the only reason I suppose.

Also considering the big slice of rich middle class that voted for Brexit, he knows his audience.

Go figure, even after Brexit, poorer people still get ignored. Nothing has changed except you might make it easier for the upper class to screw them harder.

The biggest benefactors will be wealthy pensioners. For those who are still working, it's presumed that the NI threshold will shift too which will remove half off the benefit effectively.

theaface

Oct 25, 2017
Asked how she would ensure her plan for a no-deal Brexit happened when MPs had previously opposed the idea, McVey – who has refused to rule out proroguing the chamber – said she would deny them any votes on the issue:

"The prime minister kept bringing motions back to the floor, and that allowed people to put amendment to it, that allowed what precipitated going forwards. And that's when you saw the antics of Yvette Cooper and Oliver Letwin, turning parliament on its head. But that only happened because the prime minister kept bringing back motions to the floor of the house. So really we need to stop bringing things to the floor of the house, and the default position is to leave through article 50."

Oy vey.

Leadsom: I'm the most batshit crazy candidate for prime minister.
Johnson: Hold my £39 billion Brexit dividend.
Gove: Hold my coke stash.
Cruella DeVey: Hold my framed picture of Margaret Thatcher

ManixMiner

Banned
Dec 17, 2017
The Un-united Kingdom
Having no Parliament whilst we have a very chaotic no deal brexit will be a death sentence to the Country and the economy are our politicians really that clueless?

I'm a union man and would hate to see Scotland leave but this is basically handing Sturgeon independence on a plate.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
Having no Parliament whilst we have a very chaotic no deal brexit will be a death sentence to the Country and the economy are our politicians really that clueless?

I'm a union man and would hate to see Scotland leave but this is basically handing Sturgeon independence on a plate.
Like with preventing a No-Deal Brexit their plan to stop things that people actually want from happening is just to not allow anyone to vote on it.
Scotland will never get independence under this incoming Tory government because they'll never allow a vote on it and they don't care if it pisses off Scottish voters because they're projected to lost those few Scottish seats they gained last election anyway.

theaface

Oct 25, 2017
To be honest, the writing quality has really dropped for the final season of the UK. Key plot threads feel rushed, some have been abandoned altogether (what happened to the "burning injustices" prophecy?) and too many characters have plot armor.

Status
Not open for further replies.