• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
To be honest, the writing quality has really dropped for the final season of the UK. Key plot threads feel rushed, some have been abandoned altogether (what happened to the 'burning injustices prophecy?) and too many characters have plot armor.
And the asshole we all guessed would end up on the throne at the start will still end up on the throne despite all odds.

Ravensmash

Oct 25, 2017
To be honest, the writing quality has really dropped for the final season of the UK. Key plot threads feel rushed, some have been abandoned altogether (what happened to the "burning injustices" prophecy?) and too many characters have plot armor.

Was always going to be difficult to introduce such a large amount of new characters all at once - so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt going forward.

Some potentially very interesting storylines upcoming once they get rid of the deadwood though.

(Also good on Victoria Derbyshire lol)

Deleted member 34788

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 29, 2017
I shouldn't be shocked

But I'm still shocked

Fucking BoJo knows to keep his damned mouth shut when it comes to shit like this. Fucking BOJO. The only swivel eyed loon who said bollocks close to what Cunt said was Rees mogg last year, and he isn't running for office!

Hunt further fucked his chances anyway. Firstly, his shtick about trying to get a deal and avoiding no deal and dancing around how to do this lost the crazy Tory base, now comments like these will lose what's left of the more moderate Tories who signed up as members. So who's left? More progressive toires will just try and vote for Hancock or Stewart!

Talk about torpedoing your chances.

Oct 27, 2017
It is kinda fascinating watching a bunch of people I can't stand try their best to appeal to a part of the country I just have zero exposure to...I've literally never met anyone in the UK who thinks there's a problem with abortion law, or that thinks the 50k higher tax bracket is unfair, yet here we are. These must be things people really think.

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
Fucking BoJo knows to keep his damned mouth shut when it comes to shit like this. Fucking BOJO. The only swivel eyed loon who said bollocks close to what Cunt said was Rees mogg last year, and he isn't running for office!

Isn't Garden-Bridges on a media lockdown according to the press?, i'm sure he's more than capable of digging a similar hole if asked by the right journalist.

Deleted member 862

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It is kinda fascinating watching a bunch of people I can't stand try their best to appeal to a part of the country I just have zero exposure to...I've literally never met anyone in the UK who thinks there's a problem with abortion law, or that thinks the 50k higher tax bracket is unfair, yet here we are. These must be things people really think.
remember when the Tories thought they were going to romp the 2017 election and put fox hunting back in the manifesto. Like, who the fuck was asking for that to come back? They always seem to have something that just leaves you confused as to who it's for.

Last edited:

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Gove going all no backstop, Canada deal. No common agriculture, fishing etc.

Good luck Ireland.

Bleu

Banned
Sep 21, 2018
I shouldn't be shocked

But I'm still shocked

well,
24 weeks as in the uk is the current max in europe, and most countries in EU are in fact at 12 weeks.
Abortions for medicals reasons, like, if the baby has a severe disease or if the mother's life is in danger are allowed until the very end of pregnancy pretty much everywhere in europe (for instance in France, the legal limit is 12 weeks, but unlimited for medical reason).
I guess it would be the same in the uk even if the limit is set to 12 weeks, so the "what about foetal abnormalities" is a bit alarmist.
So still bad but not that bad.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Hunts abortion comments are dumb but at least the rest of the UK has actual laws for it, while NI is still languishing in the past.

Garfield

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 31, 2018
What happened to Graham Brady, he gave up the most powerful job in GoV to run for leader, but did not declare

Oct 26, 2017

Rich people. Tories. Cunts. The venn diagram is a single circle.

Oct 27, 2017
Rich people. Tories. Cunts. The venn diagram is a single circle.

Na it's way too many people to just be the rich ones. This is rural England, it's completely unrepresented by the media, it believes everything that's been written in the Daily Mail for the last decade (even all the contradicting things at once) and if asked, it would say it was liberal minded.

Garfield

Banned
Oct 31, 2018
If any credit at all can go to BOJO at least he is not pretending, I mean the man simply has no idea how to be poor, so he is not playing to that crowd

I fully expect him to play to his base and go all in against poor people

Deleted member 34788

Banned
Nov 29, 2017
Not a good look for give when the right wing press rakes you over the fucking coals for being a hyper hypocrite, the press conference was brutal and the Twitter summaries moreso.

It's going down to a bloody, public knife fight between Raab and BOJO, excellent. Don't see anyone else but those two now.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Don't remember were I heard this but is it true quite a lot of politicians tend to be landlords?

Hazzuh

Oct 28, 2017
I think lots of Tory MPs were turned off by the Raab proroguing parliament thing (and more generally him being shit at campaigning). My expectation now is it is going to come down to Hunt vs Johnson with Hunt getting totally battered.

Fucking BoJo knows to keep his damned mouth shut when it comes to shit like this. Fucking BOJO.

I think we can all guess why Johnson might not want to make any news about his stance on abortion.

theaface

Oct 25, 2017
They're all a fucking nightmare but I don't get why Raab has even a sniff of this. He's a weapons-grade idiot and has accomplished precisely nothing. Aside from his mental comments about the Dover crossing, his most notable contribution appears to be that he dislikes women's rights.

Deleted member 862

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Gove ain't winning then

They're all a fucking nightmare but I don't get why Raab has even a sniff of this. He's a weapons-grade idiot and has accomplished precisely nothing. Aside from his mental comments about the Dover crossing, his most notable contribution appears to be that he dislikes women's rights.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Raab is up there because he will do whatever anyone tells him if it makes him a buck. He is basically a puppet for the establishment and anyone with money. Probably too stupid to make the most of it.

Deleted member 862

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's a shame, I quite like the idea of an unlimited Brexit delay.
the party is going to destroy itself. They're going to choose someone who they think can deliver brexit by Oct but they're choosing people who have absolutely no clue. They're going to go back and ask for the exact same things that have been rejected and parliament isn't going to support no-deal so they'll lose a no confidence vote. It's not a case of if but when now. They're just delaying the inevitable election.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's going to be a right laugh when whoever wins talks to the EU again. They are deluded.

Corbyn knows we are either out somehow or an election eventually. Either suits him fine.

Deleted member 862

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's going to be a right laugh when whoever wins talks to the EU again. They are deluded.
Honestly the power move would be for whoever they pick to immediately call an election and just hope there's enough trust left in the base to drag them over the line. They're screwed either way but at least this would avoid the embarrassment of going to the EU first and losing a no confidence vote.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, I could see BoJo doing that, want Brexit then give me a majority. Who knows what would happen.

They are all talking the same complete bollocks as usual. Journalists, do better this time.

Garfield

Banned
Oct 31, 2018
In some respects (this won't be popular) it is not their fault, what we have is a Tory base who won't vote for anyone who is against a hard Brexit, so they literally have to talk shit to win..

CampFreddie

A King's Landing
Oct 25, 2017
To be honest, the writing quality has really dropped for the final season of the UK. Key plot threads feel rushed, some have been abandoned altogether (what happened to the "burning injustices" prophecy?) and too many characters have plot armor.

Watch them stick Jeremy Corbyn in Number 10 at the end. The guy has spent the last 10 years staring at marrows and giving an occasional "I'm 14 and this is deep" speech about supporting the many rather than the few. How the fuck do they expect us to believe he could be prime minister.
I bet they'll give McDonald the Chancellor of the Exchequer too. In the early seasons the guy wanted to seize the means of production and someone had to explain social democracy to him. Now he's going to be given one of the biggest capitalist economies in the world! I know the guy is popular with the fans, but come the fuck on.

The only silver lining is that they had to kill of the Independent Group since that story line was clearly going nowhere and wasting everyone's time.
They still feel the need to keep Chukka around though fuck knows why. I remember when failure had consequences, but now even the minor characters have plot armour.

And some people are still trying to make Johnsonbowl happen.

Garfield

Banned
Oct 31, 2018
Well if suggesting not paying the 39B pounds bill was not stupid/daft enough, what could be ?

That is not stupid of daft, genius move for someone campaigning to the Tory base, you have to understand the base, they are largely pensioners who mostly voted Brexit, that is exactly what they want to hear

Bleu

Banned
Sep 21, 2018
That is not stupid of daft, genius move for someone campaigning to the Tory base, you have to understand the base, they are largely pensioners who mostly voted Brexit, that is exactly what they want to hear
i know.
i was just still, you know... hoping some of them were not utterly insane and traitors to the interests of their own country.
i'm slowly getting out of the depression phase , entering acceptance i guess, but it's hard.

Garfield

Banned
Oct 31, 2018
Worth noting. The one MP who backed a second Ref could not get the 8 MPs to go for leadership

gosublime

Oct 25, 2017
remember when the Tories thought they were going to romp the 2017 election and put fox hunting back in the manifesto. Like, who the fuck was asking for that to come back? They always seem to have something that just leaves you confused as to who it's for.

That one - unfortunately - was for people like my mum. Old school High Tories in the Countryside who love that kind of stuff, and see the Labour government 'banning' (I've put it in inverted commas because it still happens) as the London establishment getting in the way of the natural order of the countryside. If she wasn't related to me I would have absolutely zero to do with her.

Oh, and the area that she lived in went from Lib Dem, to SNP in the landslide of 2015 to Conservative by over 11,000 votes in 2017. I hate the parochial backwards place - the Scottish Borders.

War Peaceman

Oct 28, 2017
Gove is the only candidate who's seriously thought through their position. His position is still shite, but he's not playing for headlies. This isn't a compliment, but an indictment of the other cunts.

Oct 27, 2017
London
The leadership candidates competing to see who can cut taxes for rich people the fastest is fascinating in a horrifying way. I would hope people get fed up of it and stop voting for these idiots but well, that realization won't happen.

Oct 25, 2017
Quality of the game aside, I am muchly looking forward to the dumbass headlines Watch Dogs Legion is gonna inspire out of the tabloids.

Bonus points if it's brought up by an old Tory in PMQs this week.

Ravensmash

Oct 25, 2017
It is quite strange that we're in a reality where I'm probably going to say "I really hope Michael Gove becomes PM".

This series of the political disaster has sprung up some surprise heroes.

Used loosely of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.