• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 862

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Let's not forget Michael Gove is a horrible racist

Mr Gove – who was sacked by Theresa May when she became Prime Minister - is reported to have said: "I feel rather like the grand wizard of the KKK giving an address to the AGM of Black Lives Matter."

One eyewitness said the apparent joke "went down like a lead balloon".

She said the "Ukipification" of the party's attitude towards Muslims had been triggered in large part by the current Environment Secretary Michael Gove.

Gove, who wrote the book 'Celcius 7/7' about Islamic terrorism, was a close ally of Cameron and Warsi believes his "extreme views" caused the former prime minister to shift the government's attitudes towards Muslims.

"I sometimes joke that Michael Gove radicalised David Cameron," Warsi tells me.

"In private conversations [I know that David] had some concerns about some of the extreme views that Michael had but over time [Gove] influenced a lot of his views."

Last edited:

Micael

Oct 28, 2017
Something tells me they are probably all horrible racists, much like Jeremy cunt isn't the only cunt among them.

BoJo's plan going well

Honestly even if it wasn't, it is essentially saying to any future trading partner that the UK will not honor its commitments to anything they agree too, which is let us say not ideal when you have to build all your agreements from the ground up, not to mention unless the UK wants to have absolutely no relationship with the EU at all, the EU will have its due one way or the other, it is straight up one of the most idiotic promise one can make, given that honoring it will cost many, many, many times the value that isn't paid.

Then again May was once the best candidate (that could win), and we all saw how badly she managed to fuck that one up, so I guess one should not be too surprised that from now on this is downhill extreme edition.

And no Natalie Dormer to rest our eyes.

Just shriveled gammons and gammonettes.

A man of refined taste.

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
Text of Labour motion to allow MPs to legislate to rule out no-deal
Here is the text of the motion being debate tomorrow during the Labour opposition day debate.
Business of the House Motion (United Kingdom's withdrawal from the European Union)
(1) That, on Tuesday 25 June –
(a) standing order no. 14(1) (which provides that government business shall have precedence at every sitting save as provided in that order) shall not apply;
(b) precedence shall be given to a motion relating to the business of the house in connection with matters relating to the United Kingdom's withdrawal from the European Union;
(c) if more than one motion relating to the business of the house is tabled, the Speaker shall decide which motion shall have precedence;
(d) the Speaker shall interrupt proceedings on any business having precedence before the business of the house motion at 1.00 pm and call a member to move that motion;
(e) debate on that motion may continue until 2.00 pm at which time the Speaker shall put the questions necessary to dispose of proceedings on that motion including the questions on amendments selected by the Speaker which may then be moved;
(f) any proceedings interrupted or superseded by this order may be resumed or (as the case may be) entered upon and proceeded with after the moment of interruption.
Labour get to draft the motion because the government has set aside tomorrow for a debate on an opposition motion. Labour gets a set number of such debates every session, but the government decides when they will be.
But, in practice, this is a cross-party motion. As well as being signed by Jeremy Corbyn,it has also been signed by the SNP leader at Westminster Ian Blackford, the Lib Dem leader Sir Vince Cable, the Plaid Cymru leader at Westminster Liz Saville Roberts, the Tory MP Oliver Letwin, and the Green MP Caroline Lucas.

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...to-eu-offering-backstop-concessions-live-news

Not sure what to make of it beyond a bit more entertainment and UK navel gazing.

Garfield

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 31, 2018
Text of Labour motion to allow MPs to legislate to rule out no-deal
Here is the text of the motion being debate tomorrow during the Labour opposition day debate.

Labour get to draft the motion because the government has set aside tomorrow for a debate on an opposition motion. Labour gets a set number of such debates every session, but the government decides when they will be.
But, in practice, this is a cross-party motion. As well as being signed by Jeremy Corbyn,it has also been signed by the SNP leader at Westminster Ian Blackford, the Lib Dem leader Sir Vince Cable, the Plaid Cymru leader at Westminster Liz Saville Roberts, the Tory MP Oliver Letwin, and the Green MP Caroline Lucas.

If that passes it will good for the country (Parliament takes control of Brexit) but bad overall as effectively giving the new leader a free pass for the next few years, and not a chance of an election

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
If that passes it will good for the country (Parliament takes control of Brexit) but bad overall as effectively giving the new leader a free pass for the next few years, and not a chance of an election

i could see it being beneficial if parliament could agree on anything useful in time, perhaps it will end up forcing the issue, i don't know anymore.

Garfield

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 31, 2018
i could see it being beneficial if parliament could agree on anything useful in time, perhaps it will end up forcing the issue, i don't know anymore.

Kier Starmer said they want to take control on that day to pass legislation blocking the shutting down of parliament to achieve a no deal

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Quite insane.

You deliver Brexit via no deal, you're fucked, the country is fucked. Labour might get in with Corbyn or someone else.

You don't deliver Brexit either because you revoked article 50 with a good sensible speech and reality check, 2nd Ref Remain option or margarine brexit, you're probably fucked but the country isn't. Labour might get in with Corbyn or someone else.

I don't know about you but common sense points to the second if you actually cared about the country and it's people. A general election is going to come around eventually, you think the population is going to reward you for delivering Brexit, it will be punishment either because we are in the shit because Brexit is indeed shit or you lose to Labour because things are all a bit shit or lose because people haven't received their unicorns and gone full batshit Brexit.

Deleted member 34788

Banned
Nov 29, 2017
the party is going to destroy itself. They're going to choose someone who they think can deliver brexit by Oct but they're choosing people who have absolutely no clue. They're going to go back and ask for the exact same things that have been rejected and parliament isn't going to support no-deal so they'll lose a no confidence vote. It's not a case of if but when now. They're just delaying the inevitable election.

Yep, they have all drunk the kook aid, all of them. They are simultaneously trying thier best to avoid a ge whilst diving head first into one, accelerating into the inevitable election at a breach neck pace. They more they covet the brexit ideology, the more they lose and tear each other apart.

At this point they are so fucked in government that even with new pm, nothing will change, no matter how many times they bleat out a GE will allow a Corbyn government. They will say so much they'll probably ensure it comes to pass, extreme short term thinking right now.

brain_stew

Oct 30, 2017
That is an extraordinary outlier against recent polling. Perhaps the unusual question?

It's one hell of a leading question. It's a complete failure of public office that our parliament haven't done enough to educate the public on the utterly devastating impacts of "no deal". May's initial "no deal is better than a bad deal bluster" has to go down as one of the most dangerous and damaging outright lies in political history. It completely poisoned the Brexit deal talks and hardened positions across the full political spectrum. It was completely indefensible.

Deleted member 862

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The newspaper Boris writes for commissioned a poll that shows he would win a general election with a 140 seat majority.

That sure is convenient for him on the day he launches his bid to be PM. Apparently he would deliver brexit and the brexit party would cease to exist. 🙄

ManixMiner

Banned
Dec 17, 2017
The Un-united Kingdom
The newspaper Boris writes for commissioned a poll that shows he would win a general election with a 140 seat majority.

That sure is convenient for him on the day he launches his bid to be PM. Apparently he would deliver brexit and the brexit party would cease to exist. 🙄

I saw this earlier and I was questioning which poll is this then? None recently have had a conservative majority not even close.

Jimbobsmells

Nov 17, 2017
I know this isn't strictly Brexit related, but I need to rant. Old people complaining about losing free TV licences is really starting to piss me off. The mirror is now calling them the 'hero generation' (they didn't fight in the war ffs), there's Susanna Reid crying on TV - where's the tears from these people when our rights are stripped away because of a Brexit they voted for? Fuck them.
Also, there's zero chance that free tv licences will be around when I retire (if I even *get* to retire). Much like there's almost zero chance they'll be a triple lock or a state pension.

CampFreddie

A King's Landing
Oct 25, 2017
I've been to a couple of conferences recently, about EU regulations. Surprsingly, Brexit wasn't even mentioned. Even in coffee break conversations, everyone has a resigned sense of just getting on with their job and ignoring the politics.

I think we've entered a state of hypernormalisation. We know everything being said by the political leaders is self-serving bullshit with no basis in reality, but no-one has a workable solution with popular support, and no-one is really able to comprehend the massive cultural revolution going on in the Tory party (as it has suddenly shifted from a business-first party of yuppies and capitalists to a revanchist nationalist party of the old and nostalgic). So everyone just carries on as if everything is normal.

Oct 28, 2017
I've been to a couple of conferences recently, about EU regulations. Surprsingly, Brexit wasn't even mentioned. Even in coffee break conversations, everyone has a resigned sense of just getting on with their job and ignoring the politics.

I think we've entered a state of hypernormalisation. We know everything being said by the political leaders is self-serving bullshit with no basis in reality, but no-one has a workable solution with popular support, and no-one is really able to comprehend the massive cultural revolution going on in the Tory party (as it has suddenly shifted from a business-first party of yuppies and capitalists to a revanchist nationalist party of the old and nostalgic). So everyone just carries on as if everything is normal.

Imagine whoever gets in power manages to shut down parliament until October. No business to get on with for anyone. It'll be totally mental stuff.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Boris "It's not about the Conservative party"

Boris "If we don't deliver Brexit, it's the end of the Conservative party"

Deleted member 862

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not that it matters but Boris proved once again that's he's a total fraud. Just waffles on about nothing, didn't apologise for any of his previous comments and has no plan for brexit.

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
Not that it matters but Boris proved once again that's he's a total fraud. Just waffles on about nothing, didn't apologise for any of his previous comments and has no plan for brexit.

You can see why they need to keep him away from the media, he's an empty shell, the Tories will be mad to put him in charge, the country needs more than this idiot.

theaface

Oct 25, 2017
Figures that my weasel of an MP Oliver Dowden would be there at Boris's launch - he's only ever been interested in towing the party line and going whichever way he thinks the wind is blowing to further his career.

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
A lot of key staff involved in Brexit who know what they are doing have moved on to other roles, Boris is going to let a lot of people down or fuck the country up.

This idea we are anywhere near ready to walk away on Halloween is nuts.

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
You can see why they need to keep him away from the media, he's an empty shell, the Tories will be mad to put him in charge, the country needs more than this idiot.
Yeah, in every position he's held there's been someone to step in when he inevitably says or does something stupid. Not having that fallback when he's head of the fucking country would be disasterous.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It would be funny if all their bluster about no deal being on the table means a better negotiating position against the EU and in the end nothing changes. Likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.