• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nature boy

Oct 25, 2017
Article 24 isn't a runner if we don't agree on the irish backstop etc, i don't see it as anything more than British arrogance, the EU has to agree to it.
This is just not about the EU though

The sacred US-UK trade deal will never get through US Congress if it blows up the Good Friday agreement.
I mean even the new NAFTA deal that's far less problematic hasn't passed.

I also don't think the US will have lower demands than the EU regarding the backstop

NekoFever

Oct 25, 2017
So that's Leadsom, McVey and Harper eliminated automatically, presumably with a few who'll drop out now.

Zaph

Oct 25, 2017
Stewart through in last place - Tory party is truly a cult just hell bent on survival at any cost.

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
On the one hand, scum monster McVey only got 9 votes, haha!

On the other hand, scum monster Johnson got 114 votes. Swings and roundabouts for scum monster fans.

Oct 27, 2017
Seems like the hard brexit vote is Johnson, Raab, Leadsom, Harper & McVey, so that's 170ish, way over half but not necessarily enough to avoid a membership vote if the other side of the vote can be distilled down to 1 candidate.

Snarfington

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
dark days are coming

or are they already here

If (when) BJ becomes PM it will be the final sign that we need to suffer to come out of this on the other side, hopefully having learned a difficult lesson.

Hazzuh

Oct 28, 2017
The only possible way Johnson loses is if Raab somehow gets on the ballot and is able to out-crazy him. Even that is a longshot though.

Deleted member 835

User requested account deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Some of you need to stop wanting others to suffer or wanting a no deal so people suffer. This isn't a game this is real life, it will effect a hell of a lot of people that didn't vote for Brexit. Many will die and many will end up being so poor they stave. This will effect the poor people which has a very high percent of black people who never even vote Tory let along Brexit.

On Boris the guy will still be in a parliament that he has no control over.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Interesting that 19 MPs will vote for Rory Stewart, together with Hancocks 20, you could easily see that as a clear majority against no deal in the months to come.

Oct 27, 2017
Meanwhile in Lorraines dressing room

giphy.gif

Spaghetti

Dec 2, 2017

Tories: *poised to make self promoting compulsive liar blowhard Prime Minister*

Centrists: "FUCKING LABOUR"

Garfield

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 31, 2018
Rory Stewart thanks this poll on Conservative Home (wtf) for his turn around, shows him as second favourite with Tory Members:

Screen-Shot-2019-06-13-at-06.03.28.png

Stewart vs Boris run off would be the absolute best outcome we can hope for (imagine Boris would win, but weeks of Stewart pointing out that all his plans are bollocks would do wonders I think).

Stewart has no hope of getting to toptwo, almost every single Tory MP agrees it needs to be a brexiteer who is PM

Garfield

Banned
Oct 31, 2018
Also this means we will NOT have a women winning, it is all men now

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
Boris doesn't give a shit about the details. Once he's PM and he can't ignore them he's fucked (as are we).

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK

Tories: *poised to make self promoting compulsive liar blowhard Prime Minister*

Centrists: "FUCKING LABOUR"

I said previously that the tories would back Boris because backstage they are going by an internal Labour poll that shows Labour voters fear Boris the most against corbyn, according to a tory MP on lbc.

But yeah, while Labour aren't free from criticism, the majority of the shit that gets thrown at them is ridiculous. One week they are being blamed for taking option A instead of B then the next week suddenly they should be doing option A instead of B. Just constant goalposts moving and avoiding blaming the people actually responsible for the mess we are in.

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
I hate how they spin 'fear of losing' as 'fear of what a Corbyn government might do', and I wish it was as transparent to every single person in the UK as it is to me. I don't think much of Jeremy when it comes to Brexit because he's following, rather than leading on that issue... but I can't see how he'd be worse for the UK than the tories on just about every metric you can name, even Brexit.

Garfield

Banned
Oct 31, 2018
...who do you think is voting for leader?

Just like there are secret Tory voters, there are also a lot of Tory MPs that don't want no deal, they just can't say so out loud.

The Tory membership, I meant he won't get to top two to go to membership, he is actually polling ok in the membership, but he has still got no hope

For example, the ERG would only allow 2 MP's to pitch to them, Johnson and Raab.

nature boy

Oct 25, 2017
So what is Boris going to do? Remain in power until the electoral prospects of the Tories get better? Call elections (or lose a no-confidence vote) while in the "good grace" period of a new PM?

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
This is just not about the EU though

The sacred US-UK trade deal will never get through US Congress if it blows up the Good Friday agreement.
I mean even the new NAFTA deal that's far less problematic hasn't passed.

I also don't think the US will have lower demands than the EU regarding the backstop

Yeah but that's a seperate issue to using article 24 of the WTO, but i agree we are fucked on multiple fronts if the Tories continue to act like it's the 19th century.

Garfield

Banned
Oct 31, 2018
I said previously that the tories would back Boris because backstage they are going by an internal Labour poll that shows Labour voters fear Boris the most against corbyn, according to a tory MP on lbc.

But yeah, while Labour aren't free from criticism, the majority of the shit that gets thrown at them is ridiculous. One week they are being blamed for taking option A instead of B then the next week suddenly they should be doing option A instead of B. Just constant goalposts moving and avoiding blaming the people actually responsible for the mess we are in.

On daily politics there was a Labour MP who said her party feared Rory Stewart most....I was like....yeah of course you do!! Boris is fav amongst MP's because a lot of them wrongly or rightly think in an election he is their best bet

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
Rory all talk and no trousers Stewart isn't doing jack shit, so sitting in a hall twiddling his thumbs sounds about right.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
On daily politics there was a Labour MP who said her party feared Rory Stewart most....I was like....yeah of course you do!! Boris is fav amongst MP's because a lot of them wrongly or rightly think in an election he is their best bet
I think the tories have it all wrong with regards to Boris. They think Labour voters fear him because he could beat corbyn when in reality I think they fear him because they think there are enough idiots out there who would vote for him.

Small difference and maybe they are right but I think in a head to head, Corbyn beats Boris in an election. Boris would fall apart under proper scrutiny and coverage, its from the sidelines he does best.

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think there's a candidate on the list that couldn't beat Corbyn, when Tories say 'hes our best bet for beating Corbyn' what they mean is 'He's our only hope at beating Farage' and I do think Boris wipes the floor with Farage because he gives a similar level of vitriol with a significant reduction in implied menace.

Calabi

Oct 26, 2017
So what is Boris going to do? Remain in power until the electoral prospects of the Tories get better? Call elections (or lose a no-confidence vote) while in the "good grace" period of a new PM?

At this stage I doubt he would lose a no confidence vote, the Tory's are so dumb as shit, they fear Corbyn more than they do going through a no deal. They'd rather destroy both themselves and the country than let Corbyn into number 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.