• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Koukalaka

Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
The idea of a very controlled and acceptable to conservatives unity government is up there with the cabinet of women in daftness levels.

Just concentrate on bringing the government down and then people can put their money where their mouth is on Brexit.

Starting the 14 day clock after a VoNC without a solid action plan is risky as all hell.

KingSnake

Oct 25, 2017
Starting the 14 day clock after a VoNC without a solid action plan is risky as all hell.

It will give Boris the perfect setup for elections after the no deal while blame everything in the opposition who are just "sabotaging".

Didn't you all have enough of all this running towards the cliff without a plan?

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
It will give Boris the perfect setup for elections after the no deal while blame everything in the opposition who are just "sabotaging".

Didn't you all have enough of all this running towards the cliff without a plan?

We are currently running full pelt over a cliff with really jagged rocks below, changing course might lead to a softer landing.

Or MPs could stop treating the leader of the opposition like a leper and plan something better, but his position doesn't matter or something when bringing down a government.

KingSnake

Oct 25, 2017
We are currently running full pelt over a cliff with really jagged rocks below, changing course might lead to a softer landing.

Or MPs could stop treating the leader of the opposition like a leper and plan something better, but his position doesn't matter or something when bringing down a government.

Is Labour going for a VoNC?

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
So I'm pretty sure Johnson's strat is force no deal, and have an election immediately after before the jaws have really clamped down, to get himself as many years to distance the next election from the exit.

I won't have to wait long to find out if I'm right or not.

Lo-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
New Yawk City!
Well, the risk for the Johnson government is that even if mass layoffs don't happen on November 1, travel disruptions, importing restrictions and panic buying probably will happen on Day 1 anyway.

Gawge

Oct 27, 2017
So I'm pretty sure Johnson's strat is force no deal, and have an election immediately after before the jaws have really clamped down, to get himself as many years to distance the next election from the exit.

I won't have to wait long to find out if I'm right or not.

He might be tempted to have the election before, but at the latest possible point, just so he can turn up to a debate and ask Corbyn "would you extend the deadline?" knowing he basically has to say "Yes". Played right it would probably secure him most of the Brexit vote, and then divide and conquer the rest by giving the Lib Dems some easy wins.

Flammable D

Oct 30, 2017
If we're talking 3-D chess, wouldn't a day 1 election stop the news reporting on any big problems due to purdah rules? 🤔🤔🤔

Sammex

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure he could get away with some of the early chaos with blaming the EU for putting us in this situation and then put the cherry on top with some post war reference "dig for victory" perhaps. Then it wont matter when the food runs out the following week as we can all pop down the local food bank!

Oct 27, 2017
London

BoJo thinks it will be over after October 31st, BWAHAHAHAHA it will not be over, not for years. At which point Brexit has either somehow turned out great in the long term, the country has greatly improved living standards to say, Canada level and even the younger generation is fine with being out or moves to rejoin either the EU itself or a close EEA relationship will have taken place.

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA

BoJo thinks it will be over after October 31st, BWAHAHAHAHA it will not be over, not for years. At which point Brexit has either somehow turned out great in the long term, the country has greatly improved living standards to say, Canada level and even the younger generation is fine with being out or moves to rejoin either the EU itself or a close EEA relationship will have taken place.

That he's still saying 'by October 31st' like there's some scenario in which they leave on the 30th or before, shows just how detached from reality this rhetoric is.

That said, once he's crashed the car, he'll be able to point a figure at any MP that isn't helping him 'fix' it afterwards.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, Nov 1st negotiations with the EU start and we are on our knees. Negotiations start with everyone, oh you are desperate, yeah that previous deal won't fly, sign this one, UK "But......"

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Like they don't know his game already but that's not the point, Boris only has one route, he goes through with it, makes some dosh for himself and friends or gets stopped by parliament. The EU are aware of it all.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
giphy.gif

They should just stand there with a banana in front of Boris.

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
Every week for two years the EU heads of state have been realising how serious we are about leaving, it's fucking pitiful.

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
54% of this country are willing to destroy democracy for brexit.

thisisfine.jpg

Also the absolute state of the torygraph

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
They really are lying bastards and you know people will latch onto the headline, job done, politicians will echo the headline, job done so you have two hits hammering home and probably proudly on BBC News etc. too,job done. The state of this country, how do fight this shite when the media and their buddies in parliament are in cahoots.

Oct 27, 2017
They really are lying bastards and you know people will latch onto the headline, job done, politicians will echo the headline, job done so you have two hits hammering home and probably proudly on BBC News etc. too,job done. The state of this country, how do fight this shite when the media and their buddies in parliament are in cahoots.

I don't know if you remember 2003 and the March to War, but seeing record protests as the conveyor belt of idiocy cranked on, was dispiriting. Draining? Nauseating?

Whatever the word is, it fucking sucks

Antrax

Oct 25, 2017
That article is so dumb even without the lying. If the people prefer Johnson over Parliament, then call a GE so the people can get the Parliament they apparently want.

*Splinter

Oct 25, 2017
If that poll is accurate Boris can call a referendum, win a stonking majority for no deal, and shut up those dastardly "remoaners" forever.

But he won't 🤔

Tygre

Oct 25, 2017
Chesire, UK
Our elections tend to be on Thursdays. October the 31st is a Thursday, so we'd still be in the EU while voting was taking place.
Part of the kerfuffle is the very idea of holding a Friday election. It makes the Rees-Mogg style "traditionalists" quite queasy. Not queasy enough to actually do anything about it ofc

BoJo thinks it will be over after October 31st...
No he doesn't. He just knows enough people are stupid enough to buy this bullshit and keep him as PM.

He's not a buffoon, he's a nasty, calculating, piece of work.

That's from a June Poll, both sides are seriously as bad as each other now, manipulating anything that can be manipulated trying to play it to their own side.
No, they're not.

Awww, I'm sorry that the answer I gave did not match what you wanted, but it's my opinion, and I'm quite valid to have it.
No, you're not.

"Having an opinion" does not make that opinion valid, nor does it make you correct. It just makes you opinionated, a state of being which has no inherent value.

You're wrong, and your opinion is wrong.

Deleted member 31104

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
I think the idea of a November 1st election to be a bit fanciful. Remainers on that day will be spitting mad, leavers would be largely sated as we'd be out, angry voters tend to be far more likely to vote. Labour facing leavers would largely think job done (there's quite a lot of evidence that a large tranche of BXP support is traditional Labour voters who may not vote Labour but for tribal reasons are extremely unlikely to vote Tory), Tory facing remainers would still be more likely to vote Lib Dems.

Funky Papa

Oct 28, 2017
John Bolton absolutely despises a multipolar world and probably wants Brexit because it makes the UK more manipulable and the EU weaker.

I mean, I joke a lot about Brexit, but if the UK goes belly up and splits, the EU is going to find itself in some dire straits retaining certain competencies in terms of defence, particularly in Northern waters.

People who want to stay safe should probably run in his opposite direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.