• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

des0lar

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
So a deal was reached without DUP support? With Tory rebels and no DUP support isn't this deal dead in the water?

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
"Taking back control" just sounds like a dog whistle for the racist leave pricks to me

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Johnson turning the screws on the DUP as we speak.
Still no DUP support, so a chance it won't pass parliament.
If there's DUP support, there's a chance it passes Parliament, but not a 100% certainty.

If there isn't by Saturday, the deal's as dead as a doorpost- the ERG won't go out in force for it, and there's zero chance that enough Labour rebels rescue it.

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Wait so OT 3 is in this forum now? Not complaining btw.

I was thinking this could be both. There's clearly gonna be a lot of new events happening this weekend, and OT2.0 was getting close to the limit anyway. If we're back to delay by Monday then shoving it into the community forum makes sense, but until then, we're into the endgame.

Arkestry

Oct 26, 2017
London
Are all the ex-Tory MPs really going to be on board with this? And the ERG? Seems too many contradictory positions across all the disparate groups.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
Johnson turning the screws on the DUP as we speak.

If there's DUP support, there's a chance it passes Parliament, but not a 100% certainty.

If there isn't by Saturday, the deal's as dead as a doorpost- the ERG won't go out in force for it, and there's zero chance that enough Labour rebels rescue it.
If Labour and the Lib Dems get an amendmend added for a second referendum it could pass without the DUP.

Snarfington

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
"Taking back control" just sounds like a dog whistle for the racist leave pricks to me
Yeah, "sounds like".

Gonna be a shit deal, shit Prime Minister, shit Brexit, shit election, shit whatever it is. It's all so defeating, they need to just hurry up and revoke it or start the campaign to rejoin already so I can at least have some hope it'll be reversed in my lifetime. Truly the king of all messes and all from something that was only advisory, it's one of the greatest self-owns in modern political history.

Deleted member 862

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
without the DUP they don't have the numbers so are they going to allow a second ref? I don't see any other way

Hagi

Oct 25, 2017
I thought this deal was supposed to be worse than Mays which everybody hated? why would the hard brexiteers go for it?

Deleted member 34788

Banned
Nov 29, 2017
Hahaha, they genuinely just fucked off the dup and decided to agree a deal without them.

What the genuine fuck. Bojo is shitting bricks to do this move, he kills the deal when this goes ahead.

Hold on to your butts, this weekend is going to be a sight to se.

Arkestry

Oct 26, 2017
London
If Labour gets the referendum tied to this, is it sort of in everyone's interest that this crappy deal is the thing on the ballot, rather than the inevitably softer brexit deal labour would secure? Or is it more likely to get leave folks and no dealers on board if it's harder?

Deleted member 31104

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Still no DUP support, so a chance it won't pass parliament.

Some rumours that the DUP is split 7/3 for, which would give it a chance. I think the best for Johnson I've seen is a majority of 14 but that relied on only Rudd and Hammond of the ex-Tories (who voted for the deal) voting against, the DUP on board and 6 Labour Leavers.

Unclebenny

Oct 28, 2017
Either this is amassive stupid gamble by the government or they have some secret votes up their sleeve.

History tells us that their secret plans only ever amount to bin full of nothing.

Arkestry

Oct 26, 2017
London
Hahaha, they genuinely just fucked off the dup and decided to agree a deal without them.

What the genuine fuck. Bojo is shitting bricks to do this move, he kills the deal when this goes ahead.

Hold on to your butts, this weekend is going to be a sight to se.
Boris has played his cards by going for a deal, I think. He can't really go back to his No Deal posture after playing ball with the EU, and so he's all in on getting the deal through the door at this point.

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If Labour and the Lib Dems get an amendmend added for a second referendum it could pass without the DUP.
The chances of a Johnson government allowing that are minimal to nil.

Tory HQ has calculated that a second referendum would be more harmful to them than No Deal- they'd sooner whip against their own deal than wave that through.
Some rumours that the DUP is split 7/3 for, which would give it a chance. I think the best for Johnson I've seen is a majority of 14 but that relied on only Rudd and Hammond of the ex-Tories (who voted for the deal) voting against, the DUP on board and 6 Labour Leavers.
Getting that many Tory rebels and the entirety of the DUP and the ERG onboard is a pipe dream as it stands.

Gareth

Oct 25, 2017
Norn Iron
The DUP won't fold for a bit of cash if they believe the deal drives a wedge between NI and the rest of the UK and they have no real way to veto it. The union is everything to them.

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
It's interesting to note that the DUP rejected the good Friday agreement too but got bounced by the UK govt.

Geoff

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Saturday is going to be amazing

Rugby WC quarter finals followed by Super Brexit Saturday then Palace are playing City in the early evening

Status
Not open for further replies.