• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SgtCobra

Oct 25, 2017
7h3KzGA.jpg
This must be a meme, it has to.

Box

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lancashire
Gonna steal a few pallets to get a start on fortifying my flat. Already got an old tyre to cut up for pauldrons, not sure if I want to go with spikes on it or not. Rounding it out with a couple of ikea knives.

I'm thinking a fairly basic ahahaha-style laugh but trailing off into coughing. Gotta have your custom laugh to make Brexit a proper soulslike.
I've already welded spikes to my POS 57 plate A3. My flat is ground floor so I'm thinking kill the neighbours pretty soon. Everyone loves Brexit round here so I doubt I'll even get pangs of guilt. Once I've made it to teh top floor, I'll fortify the building. I'm going to make a shooting platform on floor 2 because my airsoft 1911 won't make it much further. I have over 2000 competition BBs though.
I'm going with "Fuck you and goodnight" as my gesture, and I'm working on my evil overlord laugh as we speak :D

E: Can't see it being anymore stressful than DS tbh lol

Facism

Oct 25, 2017

nah mate it's the norm. I've had English people tell me to my face that foreigners are tanking the benefits system, stealing jobs, women etc. I point out to them i'm not English and they'll tell me i'm one of the good ones because i don't have a foreign accent.

Actual fucking idiots that Natural Selection forgot about.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, apparently the NHS, public services etc. are all shit because the foreigners use them. Less people better services apparently, not proper funding, more funding, more workers, less carving out of services etc. that is the problem.

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck Boris, fuck may, fuck Cameron. Fuck Tory cunts.

Fuck them all. Fucking cunts.

klonere

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
This is what the English want so I don't really see a problem with it. Sometimes you have to pay extra to achieve your dreams and goals. It's not for any of us to tell them they can't do it.

SgtCobra

Oct 25, 2017
Ah, a newcomer to these sealed shores. Welcome, welc-- *cough, cough* Be mindful of the gap, AHAHAhaha . . . *cough, cough*
I've been following this for quite some time now but this is definitely a new low for me, I don't know whether to shake my head or laugh.
nah mate it's the norm. I've had English people tell me to my face that foreigners are tanking the benefits system, stealing jobs, women etc. I point out to them i'm not English and they'll tell me i'm one of the good ones because i don't have a foreign accent.

Nope, I've overheard the same sentiments quite a lot, mostly from older drunk blokes in the pub.
Amusing how this is the hill these people choose to die on, but I shouldn't be surprised. They'll be in for a rude awakening once all is said and done.

Last edited:

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
No.

Racist people see real value in keeping foreigners out, so they are prepared to pay a price out of their own pockets to see it achieved, because they get something they want in return. You can't convince them it's a bad idea with financial arguments.

I've had this happen to me in the US. It was enraging.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The halfwits, daily mail/sun readers will place this on the shelf as project fear.

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019

One really visible thing about the mouthy Leavers is how... mouthy they are. They dress it up as a mass democratic action, a cultural zeitgeist etc, but this never manifests in any of the familiar ways Remain sentiment did: mass gatherings, donations, etc. Their parade are embarrassments, their fund raising pitiful. The vote was it. Nothing else.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
You can't put a price on sovereignty.
(oh boy, I can't even say that without laughing)

Deleted member 62221

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 17, 2019
This is what the English want so I don't really see a problem with it. Sometimes you have to pay extra to achieve your dreams and goals. It's not for any of us to tell them they can't do it.
What dreams and goals exactly they want to achieve? It seems to me they don't know what they want, they only know they don't like the European Union and foreigners. Brexit is not a plan, Brexit is a tantrum.

Not that it matters anymore though, this is pretty much a done deal. Now what matters is trying to reduce the damage.

Deleted member 44129

Banned
May 29, 2018
Today i posted an article on my facebook about this. I said that we're now America's lapdog. A Brexit "friend' of mine piped up saying it's better than being a lapdog to the EU. What a dumb fuck.

BeI

Dec 9, 2017
Is this the part where they say it's just short term loss and the UK economy will be "stronger than ever!" soon?

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
Growth is only good if it gets shared out, but what can you do anyway, I'm strapped in for the journey now whatever.

Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
Mmh, billions lost vs the dopamine rush caused by unchecked nationalism.

Worth it?

To the rich Tory/UKIP/Brexit party politicians, donors and campaigners who have the luxury of expanding their financial assets beyond UK borders while also obtaining EU passports for themselves and their families all on the expense of idiots who bought into their bullshit? Oh yeah it was worth it for them.

Deleted member 17402

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Asked in another thread but it's probably better to ask here:

Anyone have an article that breaks down the immediate or long-term ramifications once Brexit goes into effect? As an American, I am not as knowledgeable here as I'd like to be. I read an article close to a year ago but I'd prefer one that's updated given recent updates and elections within the government. Or if someone could just run down what can be expected, you'd have my gratitude.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Is this the part where they say it's just short term loss and the UK economy will be "stronger than ever!" soon?

Difficult decesions and hard choices but we will be better for it etc. as they use the excuse to twist the UK even more to their benefit. Oh we need to cut taxes, ah that NHS needs tweaked, workers rights to get better productivity etc. as they loudly cry muahahahahahahaha in No 10.

Oct 28, 2017
I think this is one of these cases where no matter how reasonable and logical you argue something, you cannot reach people because they've made up their mind.