• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

latex

Jul 5, 2018
Lmao now I'm just picturing a polygraph party with a bunch of middle-aged suburbanites and, as a pretty big Desperate Housewives fan, it sounds fun.

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
What's the next party going to be to find out who leaked information on the polygraph party?

OP
OP
EvilChameleon

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
For the team fake crew, the original poster of this on Reddit is now also posting comments from the guests...
https://www.reddit.com/r/insanepeop...de_is_upset_someone_took_a_screenshot_of_her/

wzEqcXS.jpg

ThatMeanScene

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
The whole thing has to be fake. No one would actually want to hold a wedding like that. They just wanted something to go viral and they have succeeded.

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
I was writing up a big reply to this, regarding the importance placed on a "perfect" wedding etc, but now I'm in the camp that this is fake.
Dress code includes camo? Nah.
"Polygraph Party"? Is this a sitcom?

harry the spy

Oct 25, 2017
I will admit I stopped believing in this at the 'we are certified healers'. I kinda feel that this ahah look at these crazy bridezillas post are somewhat misogynous (as in: 'look at how crazy women are! Ahah dumb bitches') as they feel fake as fuck 99% of the time and a staple of UK right wing tabloids.

But maybe I have just been lucky to know non crazy women.

Edit: I did enjoy the bit about larger people symbolizing the devil for extra moustache-twirling villainy

Slim

Banned
Sep 24, 2018
Dude gotta go ghost mode asap! For real though; women wearing louboutin, burberry scarf etc. while men wearing basic shit?

lint2015

Oct 27, 2017
Asks guests to have clothing and accessories worth over $1000 for dinner, plus extra for the dress code for the dance. Offers to pay $100 to rat out a snitch. Yeah, nobody's coming to that polygraph "party," let alone the dinner.

The dress code didn't sound too bad outside of asking minimum price value. If you're asking that, you as the hosts should probably cover it for everyone. Everything else after that? Yeeesh. If you can't afford the dress code, then offer to clean up afterwards. Ahahaha what the fuck. They're guests, not servants.

take_marsh

Oct 27, 2017
It seems too silly to be real, but then again, the United States of America elected a toddler as Head of State.

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Who would treat their supposed "friends" like that? I mean especially the "larger" ones, you're literally asking them to dress in black/camo in order to represent the devil and "shoo" them away, like how degrading is that???

Then the ones that can't afford it can help clean up? Get the fuck outta here, if I were a "friend" I'd drop them so quick and nope right out of there.

Miletius

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Berkeley, CA
Soda hat plus Spiritual Healer shit make this sound suspect as fuck. What kind of spiritual healers have access to destination weddings + friends that can afford $2000 minimum attire for the wedding? Also what kind of spiritual healers would allow the shame of being associated with cheap, demonic friends to begin with. Until we know for certain who is going in camo and black I won't believe it.

Barn

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Honestly, I'm starting to believe in a policy that anyone who uses the term "upscale" in a positive and unironic sense is someone I don't want to know.

When "certified spiritual healers with 10 years of experience" is your biggest qualification other than being stupid rich (as well as stupid and rich), you can fuck right off. I hope the guests shame this couple to hell to and back.

tsmoreau

Oct 27, 2017
I could believe this is fake

But I don't have the faith in humanity required

Cause while I've not known someone as self involved and myopic in this exact way I have definitely met people as much so in other ways

Used to work for a woman who founded a charity org and she was equally up her own ass in an unbelievably over the top way

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"I just bought a polygraph test for $99 on Amazon"

Yeah right this is too stupid to be real.

**searches for "polygraph" on Amazon**

Holy shit.....

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
even if this was real, I have a mental checklist of people I know who I would not be attending their weddings because I know exactly the kind of people they are.

i aint got time for that kind of bullshit.

Opto

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Sounds like it's trying to out do the $1000 per guest wedding.

Also no crazy person is going to mention a fuzzy purple jacket, white trainers, a soda hat and forget to mention what insane kind of pants are required

Deleted member 3812

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This has me going "WTF?!?!" Especially the "$99 polygraph test" purchased from Amazon... Will we see this adapted into a Hollywood movie???

CeramicDragon

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Orange, CA
Can anyone link me the amazon poly for 100? I hope people flood the reviews with this wedding. She is digging a deeper hole with these responses. Indian culture and being a spiritual healer is totally different. One you are born into for life and another is crap.

Cation

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Lmao I was reading down the list and thinking, damn this is awful. Then I saw dudes over 200 wear all camo. LIKE WHAT lmaooooooooooo. Why, I don't get it

echoshifting

very salt heavy
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Negative Zone
Fat people symbolizing the spirit of evil is the giveaway for me

(200 lbs is not even that large for a guy, especially for taller or muscular guys, so that doesn't make much sense)

TheBryanJZX90

Nov 29, 2017
I will admit I stopped believing in this at the 'we are certified healers'. I kinda feel that this ahah look at these crazy bridezillas post are somewhat misogynous (as in: 'look at how crazy women are! Ahah dumb bitches') as they feel fake as fuck 99% of the time and a staple of UK right wing tabloids.

But maybe I have just been lucky to know non crazy women.

Edit: I did enjoy the bit about larger people symbolizing the devil for extra moustache-twirling villainy
This is definitely where I'm at. Even if this kind of thing does happen in real life sometimes, these things seem to go viral just as a convenient excuse for large numbers of people to be very angry online at women.

Koo

Dec 10, 2017
Yeah I'm calling fake on this. Her code is too specific but yet not specific enough. For someone to put this much thought into color coordinating this nonsense, they would have pics of the specific colors they wanted. Also there are a few burberry prints and camo is in another league. Does she want forest, winter or desert camo? Patterns? Where does one find a purple fuzzy jacket? It's such a specific item she would have listed a store. Otherwise you are gonna get a wide range there from crushed velvet to muppet pelt. Also there are several different types of soda hats - which one? And what color Loubotin shoes? Yeah they all have the red heel, but what about the rest of the shoe? Also to her what is 'true red'? Do the kids have to match the Loubotin heels or...?

I mean c'mon. The fact that she's asking these people to wear heels on the beach and dress in sweaters velvet & suede and 'fuzzy' jackets. It's either fake or she's legit sadistic. Or maybe she wants to watch video of friends and family suffering from heat exhaustion while getting caught and tripping over each other in the sand?

The followup is also a nice touch saying anyone over 160lbs represents the devil. Yeah okay, sure Jan.

Edit: Oh god the image in the post above me. I'm crying with laughter, it's insane to even see that way. xD

Status
Not open for further replies.