• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe this is a controlled leak so they can surprise everyone with a Portal 3 announcement at TGA?

PLEASE?

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What the actual fuck. See, I don't even mind Bridge Constructor, I played two games and I find them fun for what they're worth. But at this point, Valve is basically mocking their fans with this shit. They sit on a beloved franchise for years only to do outsource a mobile mini-game's spinoff for it. Next we know Half-Life 3 is going to be Candy Crush spin-off. Today more than ever, fuck Valve.

Conciliator

Oct 25, 2017
well, obviously the post I just made 10 minutes ago predicted this exactly correctly, I'm a genius

honestly though, I would play this

Deleted member 8166

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
missed oppertunity to call the thread "new portal game for switch".

honestly muffin. I'm disappointed and you need to step up your troll game.

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

byDoS

Oct 25, 2017
WAIT

This is not a new game mode from Portal 2 coming to new hardwares?

This is like... the whole new game? Is that the thing Portal related to be revealed at VGA?

Jesus Christ, Valve. I was so hyped... :(((

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As someone who loves Bridge Constructor this is a great announcement.
Welp, that's one worthless TGA "World Premiere" crossed out of the list. One beloved franchise dead, another turned to mobile gaming (in a genre done to death too), thanks a lot Valve.
If that's one of the 3 games they were working on, well... I'm not looking forward to other 2. Like at all.

inb4 actual Portal 3 still happening @ TGA (lol no)
This is not made by Valve.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This trailer can't be real. It's a joke, guys.

A JOKE.

large.gif

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
This is the type of thing that feels like it's a fake trailer they designed being intentionally leaked to lower expectations but I don't think that ever actually happens. Wild.

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
Bridge Constructor is awesome and doesn't deserve the hate it's undoubtedly going to get for this, but jesus christ, Valve really has no awareness. This would be super neat if announced alongside of the VR spinoff, or Portal 3, but not on its own after half a decade of no single player release.

Yeah, in isolation, this does seem like quite the neat idea (and I'll probably play it), but I'm not quite sure what kind of reception Valve expected this to get.

Dr. Caroll

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Looks pretty neat. And I think anyone upset that this isn't a traditional Portal game are being very immature.

Firebrand

Oct 25, 2017
I enjoyed Bridge Builder / Pontifex quite a lot... 15+ years ago. Have these more recent ones made any significant improvements to the formula? I assume this one's gonna have some shenanigans though.

Molemitts

Oct 25, 2017
This is the kind of thing that I think would have been well received if Valve actually still made games.

Al3x1s

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Greece
Looks like a cool crossover to me, what's people's beef? I didn't expect Portal 3 or anything, 2 was rather conclusive and has workshop support for endless Portaling fun. Bridge constructing is fun if this is one of the good/original series with that task and mixing it in with Portal stuff will make it all new. I guess the story won't stand up to Portal but that's not the kind of games these are.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
And here we are. I spoke of my return to this shore. It has been a circuitous path to lands I once knew, and surprising to see how much the terrain has changed. Enough time has passed that few remember me, or what I was saying when last I spoke, or what precisely we hoped to accomplish. At this point, the resistance will have failed or succeeded, no thanks to me. Old friends have been silenced, or fallen by the wayside. I no longer know or recognize most members of the research team, though I believe the spirit of rebellion still persists. I expect you know better than I the appropriate course of action, and I leave you to it. Expect no further correspondence from me regarding these matters; this is my final epistle.