• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Porky

Circumventing ban with an alt account
Banned
Mar 16, 2019
BUT, I can see why she comes off the wrong way in interviews once in awhile after watching this video, which goes into both some charismatic interviews she's done but also some of the ones where she's come across as insecure or negative.

I used to be interested in this channel's content but if you watch enough of it, you'll realise that the creator(s) look up to some very questionable people. Explaining what makes Jordan B. Peterson so likable etc.

This video is just a psuedo-intellectual excuse for trolls to refer to when they want to blindly hate her.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Has someone walked past her and said "Smile more!" to her yet?
Maybe that will help? Sometimes you just gotta tell a woman to "Smile!" you know. /s

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Maybe that will help? Sometimes you just gotta tell a woman to "Smile!" you know. /s

I actually walked past her.
I saw her at a grocery store in Los Angeles . I told her how cool it was to meet her in person, but I didn't want to be a douche and bother her and ask her for photos or anything.
Shee said, "Oh, like you're doing now?"
I was taken aback, and all I could say was "Huh?" but she kept cutting me off and going "huh? huh? huh?" and closing her hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard her chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw her trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in her hands without paying.
The dude at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like "Madam, you need to pay for those first." At first she kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.
When he took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, she stopped him and told him to scan them each individually "to prevent any electrical infetterence," and then turned around and winked at me. I don't even think that's a word. After he scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, she kept interrupting him by yawning really loudly.

sorry I had to

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
I used to be interested in this channel's content but if you watch enough of it, you'll realise that the creator(s) look up to some very questionable people. Explaining what makes Jordan B. Peterson so likable etc.

This video is just a psuedo-intellectual excuse for trolls to refer to when they want to blindly hate her.
You should read the comments. If you want to throw up that is.
I actually walked past her.
I saw her at a grocery store in Los Angeles . I told her how cool it was to meet her in person, but I didn't want to be a douche and bother her and ask her for photos or anything.
Shee said, "Oh, like you're doing now?"
I was taken aback, and all I could say was "Huh?" but she kept cutting me off and going "huh? huh? huh?" and closing her hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard her chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw her trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in her hands without paying.
The dude at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like "Madam, you need to pay for those first." At first she kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.
When he took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, she stopped him and told him to scan them each individually "to prevent any electrical infetterence," and then turned around and winked at me. I don't even think that's a word. After he scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, she kept interrupting him by yawning really loudly.
Haha, leave the spoiler out.

ProfessorLobo

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
He seems to make it a point to say that he isn't promoting these people and didn't vote for Trump, but I get what you're saying. On the other hand, Jordan Peterson didn't become a giant by some fluke, and learning what makes him appeal to people could be useful to someone's own life, even if he is a shit heel.

But this all besides the point of the thread...

astro

Oct 25, 2017
That always works.

Also catcalling will get you laid eventually, so keep it up!

100%.

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
There's an *cough* acquaintance who occasionally comes to my weekly gathering of friends who, whenever Captain Marvel comes up in conversation, he proceeds to go on a tirade about how Brie Larson's co-stars supposedly hate her, and how she supposedly has a flat ass and had to have an ass double for the movie, and how much he didn't like her bragging about her own movie. Oh, and he supports Vic Mignogna too.

"Yeah, fuck this woman for saying good things about the movie she stars in. Now let me tell you about this man who made a Star Trek fan film I like, and who is definitely not a sexual predator because Monica Rial won't show us any evidence!"

My friends and I play Smash Bros. every week, and I make it a point to make sure his sexist ass never wins.

That's why when you try to draw venn diagrams for supporters of Vic, Gamer/Comicgate and haters of Brie Larson you usually end up with a circle.

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA
Hay man. Im korg, this is meek, we are the avengers and we are assembling. wanna come?
I know this is almost two weeks late, but I avoided this thread because I wanted to be absolutely sure I avoided Endgame spoilers and now that I have I wanted to look in this thread. Just wanted to say thanks for the very hearty laugh with this.

In fairness, Captain Marvel feels like she's deliberately designed to attack fragile masculinity. She's the strongest avenger and she isn't shy or bashful about being the strongest avenger.

Which in my opinion is long past overdue and I'm happy to have it. Wonder Woman was great and Rey is fine as the protagonist of the ST, but both of them are protagonist that happen to be strong women and are trying to get through their stories like they are normal superhero stories. Captain Marvel feels like the first female hero that's written from the perspective of someone who knows they're gonna be super critical about the fact that a woman is powerful, and instead goes "You know what? Fuck you. Fuck you if you think I'm too powerful, fuck you if you think I am too 'aggressive' or that I should smile more. I'm gonna be a super power fantasy and then I'm gonna rub it in your face about it, because fuck you"

I think that's what I love about Captain Marvel more than anything. It's refreshing to have a female hero that doesn't just ignore fragile masculinity, but also mocks and belittles it.

Great post!

Was it a woman or gay man that did it? For some reason lots of people treat it as "okay" when people from either of those groups grab a woman without her consent because they probably aren't doing it for their own gratification, right, so it's perfectly fine to objectify her.

It's weird I remember way back when this happened on Will and Grace way back then in the original run when Jack did it to Grace. There was even something on either ET or Access Hollywood or something (I was still a teen living at home and my mom was into those shows) where they had this whole "Whoa! Did Will and Grace go TOO FAR?" segment and I just couldn't comprehend it. Had no idea it was an ACTUAL thing until now.

They're not really wrong. Sexualizing her in such an overt way in front of a bunch of strangers is weird and uncomfortable, especially in the context of the thread. Control the thirst.

I was going to cry foul that BDS gets called out when guys, even here, do the same exact thing, but you're right, it's not really becoming when anyone does it.