• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Says a lot about you, honestly... That you would dismiss criticisms of something you like simply because you like it.

It's almost as if taste in movies is subjective or something.
The main issue is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much of the criticism online against TLJ is blatantly sexist.

For example nearly every attack thrown at the characters Holdo and Rose has a clear sexist bent to them. It's rare when you see one that doesn't.

It makes it very difficult to have a reasonable debate about the film.

SArcher

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
PwC9L32.png

Man, RDJ is such a shitty one-note actor.

But she's JUST AS BAD AS HITLER.

ttg6f4v3ldj21.jpg

QuantumZebra

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
And I agree, this isn't really about Gal Gadot or Brie Larson acting chops, it's about how the vitriol directed to these actress are based on what they are personally outspoken about. In a lot of ways, this thread reminds of me this shit:

G'damn I actually remember this being in my periphery during the start of the hate Brie train. Pure and distilled childishness from people without self-awareness or empathy just like the TLJ & Endgame bigoted edits to remove everything but straight white men (which becomes more hilarious with how often those types are complaining about SJW's censoring creatives and creative projects).

Pomerlaw

Erarboreal
Banned
Feb 25, 2018
Brie Larson is one of the best actors working today, either men or women. She has understood the power of the message that Captain Marvel embodies to everyone in the world and is taking that role seriously. The journey of Captain Marvel has just getting started, and I'm more than eager to see where it will go next, and if Brie gets to play in Star Wars, I'd be excited as fuck;. It is about this:

tumblr_poi61d6rjv1tctq75o4_r1_540.gif

tumblr_poi61d6rjv1tctq75o3_r1_540.gif

tumblr_poi61d6rjv1tctq75o1_r1_540.gif

84d47acf7e8f25b71a55597314cf09d6.jpg

Just like Star Wars, it's not about you, y'all. It's about the new generation. It's about a generation that won't say stupid shit like looking at actors stills and calling that bad acting. It's about empowerment, and honestly, if it's rustling so many feathers and still breaking all kind of records which confirms the critical and public acclaim, it's definitely doing something right.

Because women are always told to "smile" more, and men usually aren't. We get actual benefits of looking bad ass, women are called out for looking "manly", it truly baffles me that this needs to be explained to you, there is an obvious underlying context that it's truly not hard to grasp.

As a father of 2 girls, I give your post a 10/10.

Oct 29, 2017
How have we gotten to the point as a society where there is a culture war is raging on the basis of which actor/actress gets cast in which mega corporations' movie? Its just weird.

This is totally fine. Hopefully she gets a better script and director to work with than CM.

Zhengi

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Why is there this perception that if she gets a SW role that it'd be taken away a role from a POC? Don't castings generally specify which race a character will be? If she got a role then it'd be a casting for a character intended to be white. Much like what happened with Little Mermaid. The only other name that was tossed around was Zendaya's. It was clear that Disney wanted a black actress to portray Ariel.

You're right, there is no such perception because no POC would have been considered for the role in the first place, or very unlikely to be considered in the first place.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
You're right, there is no such perception because no POC would have been considered for the role in the first place, or very unlikely to be considered in the first place.

I mean, it's probably important to note that it's not like there's a role in the first place. That picture she took is from a special Episode 4 screening that she went to with some of her friends

brie-larson-star-wars4xkk6.jpg

-IZHAN-

Jul 7, 2019
D&D showrunners still making this movie after GOT Finale
Damn then I am excited to see how it turns out to be xD

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
The current era of Star Wars is very diverse, why wouldn't a POC be considered for a role in a future film? Will KK become mega racist in the next few years?

Zhengi

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I mean, it's probably important to note that it's not like there's a role in the first place. That picture she took is from a special Episode 4 screening that she went to with some of her friends

brie-larson-star-wars4xkk6.jpg

That's fine, but that's not what you said in the previous post when you replied to me. I am just saying that if there was a role, please consider a POC as the lead of the movie instead of another white female lead. Having white female leads is not really diversity.

The current era of Star Wars is very diverse, why wouldn't a POC be considered for a role in a future film? Will KK become mega racist in the next few years?

I'm not knocking them for lack of diversity. I'm just saying it would be great if they had a POC as the lead for a movie.