• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

theBmZ

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Fuck yeah, Brie's awesome. Would love to watch the man babies piss themselves with rage again.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Nah, I'm set, thanks though.

She expended whatever acting chops she had in Room and nothing before or after has been good. It's such a shame that the alt-right pricks have dominated the discussion around her and her film roles, it's hard to have a genuine discussion about the fact that she's really just not all that great without feeling like you're inadvertently blowing a dog whistle.

Short Term 12 never happened? Even in something like Glass Castle, which isn't a particularly good movie, her performance was still praised.

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I honestly dont know why some people hate on Brie. You can dislike her acting, but why bitch about the actress like she was the worst thing ever?

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Cool, she's a great actress. I like looking at her face.

I'm honestly exhausted with all the drama about the rather tame, uncontroversial things she's said.

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
I'm down. She'd be a sick stoic Jedi.

ive got no issue with it, she is surely a better actor than wooden danvers would have you believe

I think that's what's kinda amazingly ironic about this is that her Captain Marvel portrayal would be almost spot on for how the Jedi have been portrayed on several occasions.

I'd be pretty optimistic about her playing a Jedi if it went that way

Tamanon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly seems a little too much like Daisy Ridley in her personality/style to me. I'd prefer a different direction. I liked the way Rogue One was handled.

SpecX

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
662ff7dd1c1aa6a5b2068a0b85f9ecaa.gif
😂😂😂 Count me in!

IzzyRX

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
If I were a famous actor, I wouldn't touch any Star Wars with a ten foot pole.
That shit ain't worthy the stress.

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
I am more than happy for more Brie in anything. My movies, my television and my salads.

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
I'm glad enough time has past and enough non-man children have felt underwhelmed by Captain Marvel that it's OK to say I couldn't possibly care less if we ever see CM again (yes I know we will, a lot). That said I really ,really enjoy Brie as an actress and as a person. I just can't muster up any fucks for that character, movie bored me to sleep.
I'd love to see her branch out to other types of films.

Autumn

Avenger
Apr 1, 2018
I wonder if Disney would have asked Saoirse Ronan to be CM if she won the 2016 best actress Oscar?

OutofMana

Oct 25, 2017
California
I mean, hasn't Star Wars always had that tradition of not casting famous actors as their main protagonist?

Give us a POC in a lead role for once.

Rocket Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just watched Captain Marvel and I really loved her character. I can just imagine all the angry nerds getting more and more pissed as her character developed.

Pure Spirit

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt
Banned
Jul 7, 2019
Ideally it's written by Rian Johnson and directed by David Benioff and D.B. Weiss. The explosive new battle tactics discovered by Vice Admiral Holdo could be explored on Canto Bight. Thoughts?