• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Tanerian

Feb 24, 2018
I didn't like Captain Marvel very much, particularly her character. Though I don't fault her for it, because I've seen in previous movies that she is a very talented actress.

If she wants to be part of Star Wars, sure why not.

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo
Well she is contracted to Disney already. However I don't want Rian to do any more Jedi stuff. I want to see his take on smugglers or bounty hunters. I want more Star Wars that do not have to rely on Jedi to make it good.

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
Don't invoke her name like that

tumblr_mfh1wf8oLb1r20n3co8_r1_250.gif

Sunset Crusader

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 25, 2019
I loved her in The Room, but honestly her portrayal of Captain Marvel was just....boring. Or maybe I just found the movie boring.

That being said if her character has more depth and is more interesting I think she woul do a great job

Riversands

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
Actually she could be perfect as princess lea recast. She has that similar look, you add a lil bit make up and dye her hair brown.

AWizardDidIt

Oct 28, 2017
On one hand, the salt this would generate, especially if Rian was directing, would be probably more entertaining than any Star Wars movie could possibly be and be worth it by virtue of that alone.

On the other hand, it would give the shitty Youtubers who got their clicks off of demonizing her a lot of new fuel and I'd rather those shitlords be robbed of their livelihoods than get a few laughs from some incels.

CortexVortex

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Nah, I like her but it might be overload to have her in the two biggest movie franchises in the world.
on the other hand, give me those sweet salty tears.

Dec 21, 2017
If she wants a role in Star Wars, cool. Go for it. Good Luck, I suppose.

...but is RIan Johnson STILL directing that trilogy? After The Last Jedi, that's like giving Trump a second, third, and fourth term.

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
And pair her with the D&D trilogy for maximum fanboy meltdown.

I want this lol. What class though? I don't want her to be like CM's character because I hope to see her as different characters in different nerd franchises. Metroid would be the best if Nintendo wants to make a movie.

Edit: Just realised DND stood for Benioff and Weiss and not Dungeons and Dragons lol but my point still stands, if there's ever interest in a movie series.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Nah, we're fine without her.
Didn't she hear from Respawn? There's already a female protagonist in Star Wars, so please move on, Brie.
Star Wars ruined? That ship sailed a long time ago.
lmao her and rian johnson would be perfect fir recipe for a movie i absolutely wont watch

She would make the franchise better. She made MCU better. She's great.

Last edited:

Xun

Oct 25, 2017
London
This would be both hilarious and fantastic.

If she wants a role in Star Wars, cool. Go for it. Good Luck, I suppose.

...but is RIan Johnson STILL directing that trilogy? After The Last Jedi, that's like giving Trump a second, third, and fourth term.
🙄

The Last Jedi isn't perfect, but the way people make it seem truly baffles me.

UltraMagnus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I loved her in The Room, but honestly her portrayal of Captain Marvel was just....boring. Or maybe I just found the movie boring.

That being said if her character has more depth and is more interesting I think she woul do a great job

You know what else was boring? Sam Jackson in Star Wars. And Natalie Portman in Star Wars. And quite honestly even Ewan McGregor and Liam Neeson. Oh and Christopher Lee as Count Dooku .... snnnnnnore.

The actor can't pull something out of their ass if it's not on the page.

UltraMagnus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
she has no charisma lmao she didnt effect mcu at all. All I saw her as plot device

If she has no charisma I guess none of the Star Wars actors have any charisma outside of maybe Poe.

"Charisma" is dependant on the writing, you can't make a boring character charismatic.

As the Star Wars prequels painfully proved. Brendan Fraser and Rachel Weisz had more to work with in the freaking Mummy.

Dec 21, 2017
You will never get over TLJ.

Best Star Wars movie, don't get it.

It's like saying Trump is the best president of all time because he "owns the libs" with that mentality. Regardless if Rian Johnson can't outdo the prequels, the Holiday Special, or the atrocity to part 2's that was Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen.

ZattMurdock

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Earth 616
It's like saying Trump is the best president of all time because he "owns the libs" with that mentality. Regardless if Rian Johnson can't outdo the prequels, the Holiday Special, or the atrocity to part 2's that was Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen.
What the fuck is this bullshit analogy. The Last Jedi is the best Star Wars film of all time, with critical and public acclaim. What you are saying makes absolutely no sense.

It's shit like this that keeps me from connecting with Star Wars. You folks scare me.
I'm pretty sure that this isn't like the majority of Star Wars fans think. And I know because I am one of them.

CrazyAndy

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
She wasn't great in Captain Marvel but if she auditions and convinces the casting directors then why not.

PixelatedDonut

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Philly ❤️
so according to this thread if you say anything about brie larson negative it means you are salty.
wow thanks for knowledge check.
Theads about brie always bring out "yass queen" White feminist type.

Though I will say I've only seen her in endgame and thought she was trash, supposedly she shot that before CM. Hopefully she's better in that once I get to it.

UltraMagnus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I understand people who didn't like The Last Jedi, but don't give me the crap like it was badly made.

If it was basically the exact same movie, scene for scene, BUT you changed the third act a bit so that Luke Skywalker physically shows up and starts kicking ass with a bunch of lightsaber gymnastics, I would bet a good deal of money a lot of the people who disliked the film would magically be slurping it down happily.

The movie's "mistake" was not giving old fart Luke Skywalker a nostalgic enough of a send off.

But that story decision aside, writing wise overall? It's way above the prequels.

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Heck yeah, let's go! I'd love to see her in Star Wars, she'd be fantastic.