• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Plum

May 31, 2018
Id rather have unknown actresses and actors

Yeah, this. I don't really want Star Wars to focus on massive A-List actors now that Disney has got so many to hand. If Brie does get a role then it should be something relatively minor with the main cast going to people who are either new or haven't done something as big as the MCU before.

Deleted member 56580

User requested account closure
Banned
May 8, 2019
I like Brie, but give me Jedi:

000260981hr-s.jpg

It would be EPIC!!!

This so much. Brie just isnt convincing in the badass woman role. This fine lady however ... or Shuri !

Reven Wolf

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
If you're criticising Brie Larson in Captain Marvel for "having the same expression" in the whole movie then you're either:

1. A fucking idiot
2. A fucking sexist idiot

Brie Larson had a huge alt-right hate campaign thrown at her and one of the things they latched on to try and make it seem legitimate was that she was one note and not expressive in the film, which was bullshit to anyone who actually watched the movie.

Didn't like her take on the character or the movie? Fine.

You think she had the same expression most of the film? Fuck outta here with that shit.
Pretty much.

And the pictures posted was pathetic. Literal cherry picking lol. The same can be done in pretty much any movie with any actor/actress.

Yeah, this. I don't really want Star Wars to focus on massive A-List actors now that Disney has got so many to hand. If Brie does get a role then it should be something relatively minor with the main cast going to people who are either new or haven't done something as big as the MCU before.
Honestly I never have a problem with unknowns, it's always nice to see new talent.

I like Brie, but give me Jedi:

000260981hr-s.jpg

It would be EPIC!!!
But not going to lie, this would get my hype as fuck too.

Bigwombat

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
I like brie Larson a lot but star wars is more for unknown actors getting a chance. At least the original trilogy was.

Skyball Paint

Nov 12, 2017
"This person didn't deserve to be harassed or anything but also they completely suck at acting and their character sucks too and I hope I never have to see them again" has got to be the least slick way of showing your whole ass in these types of threads lol

I'm so horrible for thinking someone I dislike should be treated with kindness

Maxim726x

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I really don't remember her being all that compelling in Captain Marvel, but I forgot about her performance in the Room which was unbelievably powerful.

Semfry

Oct 25, 2017
I feel a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and then never fucking stopped crying

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
I almost feel like it's now the progressive thing to just come here say "goddamn she's hot". She is. Rather than go on some rant screaming about SJWs which is all the rage now in nerd culture, where life is apparently a battle of the sexes and isms and proving your white nationalist masculinity. I just wanna go back to the time when you could just admit "damn, she's hot, bring it!" and that was the most controversial thing you could say. Simpler times.

And yeah, bring on more female Jedi.

Wut

Oct 27, 2017
Kinda shock this thread since just Brie Larson in Jedi robes with a lot the thread being tired ass takes on the last Jedi or her acting.

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Kinda shock this thread since just Brie Larson in Jedi robes with a lot the thread being tired ass takes on the last Jedi or her acting.
Just seeing Brie Larson is a a trigger to that weird sub-set of the Internet that both who really hates her and really hates TLJ. Just seeing her face means it's rant time about how she is a horrible actress and how Disney is ruining their childhood memories.

Sheev

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Brie is a good actress, but I really think it's time for more PoC leads over another white person.

Give her a supporting role or cameo, etc. though.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
I'm still trying to get over the fact that someone compared giving Rian Johnson another Star Wars movie to reelecting Trump (a white supremacist/rapist) for a second term.

It's literally impossible for me to take TLJ criticism seriously at this point.

Deleted member 5666

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ideally the lead of the next Star Wars trilogy starting in 2022 would be a non-white woman lead. Would love to see someone like Gugu Mbatha-Raw as the lead of a KOTOR era trilgoy (since most are assuming the 2022-2026 films are KOTOR).

Sheev

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ideally the lead of the next Star Wars trilogy starting in 2022 would be a non-white woman lead. Would love to see someone like Gugu Mbatha-Raw as the lead of a KOTOR era trilgoy (since most are assuming the 2022-2026 films are KOTOR).
I didn't know how much I needed that until now. As long as it's not made by D&D anyway.

I still can't believe they thought Confederate was a good idea for a show.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
I'm game.

Speaking of Brie: when are we gonna get some Captain Marvel 2 news, maybe Comicon? I mean the movie was certainly successful enough.
They are supposedly going to talk about Phase 4/the near future of the MCU at some ComiCon (I think?) this month (I don't remember the names & timings of these conventions :P ), now that Phase 3 is finally over. We might get a general outline for the next ~3-4 years of MCU movies and Captain Marvel is fairly likely to be a part of that. If not with a solo movie, then at the very least being a noticeable part in some other movie.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
No thanks, she is boring as hell. No issue with that, there are tons of bland white male actors who constantly seem to succeed despite their blandness, but I don't want to see MORE Miles Teller or Brie Larson, I want to see new fresh faces that are actually good at emoting and make me believe they are who they are playing.

Finaika

Dec 11, 2017
Why do white men hate Brie Larson so much?

No thanks, she is boring as hell. No issue with that, there are tons of bland white male actors who constantly seem to succeed despite their blandness, but I don't want to see MORE Miles Teller or Brie Larson, I want to see new fresh faces that are actually good at emoting and make me believe they are who they are playing.
The Spectacular Now was pretty good.

Deleted member 5666

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Have you seen Room or Short Term 12?