• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MizneyWorld

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
James Wan was just talking about the idea of horror movies in the superhero genre. My first thought was more "The Scarecrow on the loose in Gotham City" with little to no Batman.

The idea of "What if not-Clark Kent was a fucked up alien" is interesting too.

whiteninja

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if the whole movie focuses on the boy or will there be a time skip to adult.

McScroggz

The Fallen
Jan 11, 2018
Looks interesting, but man I wish it didn't lean so heavily into the Superman origin story.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
A few months back: OH SHIT CANCEL THE REVEAL JAMES GUNN IS TOXIC FOR OUR BRAND

Now:
0b4FIPd.png

gctyWLp.png

*extremely Zatt voice*

Disney, you idiots.

Yams

Oct 25, 2017
This is Ultraman's origin. Hope the kid gets more powerful when he grinds up rocks from his home planet and snorts them

Cth

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Little do they realize, this is an adaptation of Bendis' plans for Superboy :)

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
I follow someone who is losing their shit thinking they owe credit to MoS after that trailer lmao

Zulith

Oct 25, 2017
West Coast, USA
Looks good to me. Yeah the Man of Steel imitation is definitely prominent (and intentional) but for me it works.

If you're immersed in comics you've seen evil kid superheros a lot, but I think this is an interesting idea to make into a film. Hope it works out.

antispin

Oct 27, 2017
Hope the kid survives this movie, on to adulthood. Let's explore that abyss of death and destruction.

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
looks bad, and what's with the mask? hopefully a reason for it.
not the way i wanted this story to be done, but let's see.

Gaia Lanzer

Oct 25, 2017
This looks like Gunn saying to Snyder, "Dude, you know if Superman was real and gritty, it would be a WHOLE lot darker than MoS!".

DigitalOp

Nov 16, 2017
Did he really straight up bite the Superman origin tho?... was odd. Especially when the red cape came in

adamsappel

Oct 27, 2017
The mask looks like he's wearing a shoe.
I thought it was a boxing glove.

Still, looks cool. It's a good storyline for comics, and I'd like to see movies emulate that kind of risk. There's a place for wild, wacky shit played straight.

To be fair, this kid won't manage to kill nearly as many people as Snyder's Superman.
Isn't this just a critique of suspension-of-disbelief being more flexible in comic books than movies? Comic book Superman has fights all the time that should be deadly to bystanders.

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
Shouldn't it say super villain horror film? There was nothing superhero about anything in that trailer.