• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Musha_Soturi

Oct 26, 2017
Wt4UmCN.jpg

JonnyDBrit

God and Anime
Oct 25, 2017
So it turns out the US Ambassador is visiting work today. Having to resist the temptation to spark an international incident

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
So who's going to London MCM in a fortnight then? I'll be there all 3 days, friday the shopping day, saturday the panel day and sunday the cleanup day. Probably be dressed up in as a Shinx this time around.

Dec 2, 2017
Churchill War Rooms was a big let down. Over crowded, it's incredibly sterile to look at compared to Duxford to IWM Lambeth Road, the gift shop was the most expensive one, and the guides were on their phones instead of helping people.

Danj

Oct 26, 2017
Cambridge, UK
So who's going to London MCM in a fortnight then? I'll be there all 3 days, friday the shopping day, saturday the panel day and sunday the cleanup day. Probably be dressed up in as a Shinx this time around.

It's funny you should say that because last week I actually won tickets to Saturday at MCM, courtesy of a Facebook giveaway run by the Stan Lee's Lucky Man people.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Wanted to go watch Deadpool 2 on Saturday but it looks like I'll be trapped in Windsor. Can't easily get to Staines as all roads in that direction seem to be closed off for the bloody wedding, and it seems like traffic would be crazy anyway. They've had slough station car park closed for two days putting in Disneyland style queue barriers for all the people they expect to be shuttling to windsor.

Wife will probably want to go and watch the wedding (we can walk in) but I don't know if I can be arsed with it.

Oct 25, 2017
I bloody love the sound bites from the royal fanaticals/weirdos outside Windsor castle on the news. Do these people obsess 24/7? Do they have houses full of promo tat?

Would they kidnap a royal given the opportunity and keep them chained up like Craig on Bo Selector?

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
Oh yeah, it's the Royal wedding this weekend isn't it.

I'll stick to the videogames thanks.

8bit

Oct 27, 2017
And it's american spelling, that's got to be confusing as fuck for anyone of the suitable age in the UK.

Reanimatoin

Oct 26, 2017
Cleethorpes UK
In all fairness, that's on BT Sports: ESPN, which is nothing but American stuff. NBA, MLB, some lacross thingy

BT Sport proper has the good shit on, like the Red Bull Air Race

Deleted member 5028

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Eh, with Dermot Morgan & Frank Kelly gone it's not worth it. Are they going to use the cast from one of those ripoff dinner party things?

Ted_and_co.jpg
It is, they don't need to use Jack. They can reference him. It's like the Harry Potter play, you don't necessarily need the original cast to tell a good story

TheGummyBear

Jan 6, 2018
United Kingdom
It is, they don't need to use Jack. They can reference him. It's like the Harry Potter play, you don't necessarily need the original cast to tell a good story

I think a far more fitting comparison would be Monty Python's Spamalot. Where Harry Potter is based on a set of books, so people also have their own mental images of what those characters are like, Monty Python was intrinsically tied to Eric Idle, John Cleese, Michael Palin, Terry Jones, Graham Chapman and Terry Gilliam. Yet the adaptation of Holy Grail has had a very healthy stage run, without using any of the original cast.

With Graham Linehan and Arthur Matthews both involved, a Father Ted musical could actually be rather good, especially when you have to presume that they'll also be having a say in who gets cast for the first run of the production. If anyone can cast the musical well enough to overcome how closely tied those characters have become to the actors who played them in the TV show, it'll be them.

Or I could be wrong and it's just a quick, dirty trip to the bank. But then I'll just ignore it! :D

gosublime

Oct 25, 2017
Hate gardening - the only thing I do is mow the lawn, and I do that whilst listening to podcasts. I do like how you've decimated yours though!

Musha_Soturi

Oct 26, 2017
What is BritERA's opinion on gardening? Because I know that's a thing certain Brits fuckin LOVE. I fucking hate it! I've just spent 5 hours today getting my garden from this...

To this...

At least it was a nice day for it
That took 5 hours? Jeez. I don't spend that long in the garden, and mines about 5 times the size of yours.

TheGummyBear

Jan 6, 2018
United Kingdom
I don't have a garden, and the little patio that I have (I live on the ground floor of a block of flats) is spoiled by my upstairs neighbours, because they live like pigs and throw their garbage out of the window, making any effort I put into tidying it up kind of pointless. :(

gosublime

Oct 25, 2017
What is BritERA's opinion on gardening? Because I know that's a thing certain Brits fuckin LOVE. I fucking hate it! I've just spent 5 hours today getting my garden from this...

To this...

At least it was a nice day for it

Also, the reflection of your hand makes it look like you're doing a 'Sshhh' with your finger on the second photo. Is that a secret sign?

Volo

Oct 26, 2017
Hate gardening - the only thing I do is mow the lawn, and I do that whilst listening to podcasts. I do like how you've decimated yours though!

When I purchase a house, I want a nice large open garden to grow my own vegetables. I loved working in my parents garden when I was younger.

Grow a few tomatoes, rhubarb, my own herbs like basil. Make a rhubarb and custard pie, some pesto, a lovely fresh salad. Yummmmy!

Reanimatoin

Oct 26, 2017
Cleethorpes UK
That took 5 hours? Jeez. I don't spend that long in the garden, and mines about 5 times the size of yours.
Thats the joy of only having a crappy electric mower that can only cut about 1 square inch of grass before needing emptying.
Also, the reflection of your hand makes it look like you're doing a 'Sshhh' with your finger on the second photo. Is that a secret sign?
You know in movies when someone stabs someone and goes "Shh shh shh, it's OK, just sleep now" or something along those lines? That's me to my garden

Dan

Oct 25, 2017
Artificial grass. There is no shame (and no gardening required for the next 10 years..)

7aged

Oct 28, 2017
One of the joys of living in a flat is not having to maintain a patio or a garden, although it sucks not being able to barbecue.

8bit

Oct 27, 2017
One of the joys of living in a flat is not having to maintain a patio or a garden, although it sucks not being able to barbecue.

One of my friends had a job once that involved supporting families that had moved to the UK seeking asylum, on a regular inspection visit he found one family had pulled up the carpets and floorboards to place an open fire inside their flat on the concrete floor. You could always consider that.

7aged

Oct 28, 2017
That could be a new look. What's more "distressed" than having floorboards ripped out and a big fire in the middle of the room

gosublime

Oct 25, 2017
That could be a new look. What's more "distressed" than having floorboards ripped out and a big fire in the middle of the room

My brother-in-law's student house was wired up in such a way that the metal stair bannister was attached to the mains. The first thing anyone said to you when you got in the house was that you couldn't touch the stairs.

gosublime

Oct 25, 2017

I'll ask him tomorrow - I never went there, but my wife did. Like most stories from Uni, there's probably a grain of truth somewhere, but it'll have been exaggerated.

This one is the same - my street in Leeds at Uni, Chestnut got a double page spread in the newspapers around about 2001 as 'the most burgled street in Britain'. Like most other people I spoke to, when the newspaper reporter came round we all made up stories.