• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 1478

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Fucking Parcelforce. Claiming they attempted delivery today (they didn't) and left a note (they didn't) telling me to go to my local Post Office to go collect it. Lying bastards, they just took it directly to the Post Office. Didn't even get an apology or an attempt at an explanation when I rang up to find out what the hell I'm supposed to do.

Oct 25, 2017
Fucking Parcelforce. Claiming they attempted delivery today (they didn't) and left a note (they didn't) telling me to go to my local Post Office to go collect it. Lying bastards, they just took it directly to the Post Office. Didn't even get an apology or an attempt at an explanation when I rang up to find out what the hell I'm supposed to do.

Still better than Yodel.

I get your pain, happen to me a few times :(. I tried to deliver to my work to avoid that.

Deleted member 1478

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Still better than Yodel.

I get your pain, happen to me a few times :(. I tried to deliver to my work to avoid that.

Oh yeah, I'd never use Yodel. It's just the lying that pisses me off. Plus their website claims you need the card they left and some ID to go collect your parcel. Well of course that leaves me worried because they didn't leave me any card. Rang them up and they just said I just needed ID so I'm gonna have to leave work early tomorrow so I can go get it (don't trust them to redeliver if they couldn't even attempt it the first time).

Qasiel

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Yodel and Hermes need to fight it out to see which parcel "delivery" service is the shittiest. Yodel usually throws my stuff into my back garden whereas Hermes leaves it either on top of a wheelie bin, or under my wife's car in full sight of the bastard children who walk past to go to school.

8bit

Oct 27, 2017
Hermes put a parcel of mine in the recycling bin when it was in front of the house. It was emptied about an hour later.

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
The worst I've had is TNT stealing my parcel. No note, no attempt at redelivery. Tracking told me it was just sitting in their warehouse.

Luckily the company I ordered from sent me a replacement free of charge with express delivery.

Next time I placed an order with them I noticed they weren't using TNT anymore.

Qasiel

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Nothing wrong with having a legitimate grumble. It's easier to find common ground with people over stuff like this than Eastenders or Bake Off.

To paraphrase Benny Franklin;

"But in this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and courier companies fucking up your delivery..."

gosublime

Oct 25, 2017
Where did my life go wrong. It is Friday evening, I'm sitting in a bar waiting for my kid to finish Cubs and I'm marking a set of Year 10 books...

Musha_Soturi

Oct 26, 2017
Where did my life go wrong. It is Friday evening, I'm sitting in a bar waiting for my kid to finish Cubs and I'm marking a set of Year 10 books...

Sounds like a pretty sweet evening to me dude.

I've just ordered a curry, brought the bunnies inside for a run around the kitchen and planing on what to watch/play this evening

gosublime

Oct 25, 2017
To be fair, after that I got a curry, came home to watch Better Call Saul and I'm now playing FFVI on the SNES Mini...

Musha_Soturi

Oct 26, 2017
I started watching Murder on the Orient Express but it was really dull so I turned it off and I'm now playing Dead by Daylight

Qasiel

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Curry and Octopath Traveller was on the cards for me last night. At least we can all agree on the superior takeaway in here.

Dan.

Banned
Oct 11, 2018
London & Taiwan
oioi. It's been 5 years since I've left the UK to work in Asia... I'm starting to miss London (in a weird way), I think in 5 years it must have changed a good bit. I know everyone's chucking acid around now.. I dunno. is everyone still miserable ?

gosublime

Oct 25, 2017
I know this is pretty much sacrilege on here, but I have basically zero interest in Red Dead. I'm not a huge fan of open world games but the biggest issue is that Westerns as a genre bore me to tears.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I know this is pretty much sacrilege on here, but I have basically zero interest in Red Dead. I'm not a huge fan of open world games but the biggest issue is that Westerns as a genre bore me to tears.

Nothing wrong with that at all. I'm not a huge fan of westerns or the standard open world genre currently, but RDR2 seems to be raising the bar in many ways and I can't ignore that. It also looks like this game will fix many of the issues I have with OW games in general.

gosublime

Oct 25, 2017
I've read a few previews - including Edge - and nothing has grabbed me. I appreciate the technical side, but as soon as someone mentions that if you eat too much, you gain weight I just lose interest.

That kind of granular detail is something I can't be bothered with - I have a busy life with kids and job and just want to lose myself in a storyline that is paced, not worry about if my jeans should be tucked into my shoes or not.

Auberji

Oct 25, 2017
oioi. It's been 5 years since I've left the UK to work in Asia... I'm starting to miss London (in a weird way), I think in 5 years it must have changed a good bit. I know everyone's chucking acid around now.. I dunno. is everyone still miserable ?

now all our problems just melt away.

TeamLeftMatch

Oct 25, 2017
What day are you all going if you are going to MCM? I'm going on Saturday so it should be fun hopefully .

Off topic but was there a meetup I missed before in London?

Deleted member 1478

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
I'm finally going to switch to all 3 days next year as I've previously only done Saturday and Sundays. Gonna book my hotel for Thursday to Monday for less hassle. Having to checkout on Sunday and then still head to Comic Con is always annoying.

Reanimatoin

Oct 26, 2017
Cleethorpes UK
I'm going Friday and Saturday this year, normally go all 3 days but I'm off to the NFL game at Wembley on the Sunday.

If you see someone walking around as King from Tekken or Therion from Octopath, that's probably me.

Also I'll be having a few drinks at the Fox Thurs/Fri/Sat, so if you find me, I'll buy you a pint

Musha_Soturi

Oct 26, 2017
I should be going…

I'll pop round to say hi. Maybe.

You better

What day are you all going if you are going to MCM? I'm going on Saturday so it should be fun hopefully .

Off topic but was there a meetup I missed before in London?

Nah I can't be bothered to do them anymore

Also I'll be having a few drinks at the Fox Thurs/Fri/Sat, so if you find me, I'll buy you a pint

I always avoid the Fox. Us exhibitors always go Novotel.

Theonik

Oct 25, 2017
Fox really is terrible, there is some decent places to go further out from the venue or like Musha said the novotel. I'm more of the NISA plus street party route these days though.

Deleted member 1478

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
I go to the Fox on the Friday night as its still a bit manageable but its just so busy on the Saturday that its a quick walk past to gawk at all the people then I leave again.

Musha_Soturi

Oct 26, 2017
Were you at the Novotel in May? I think I remember hearing about some trouble there on the Sat night?

I was, I didn't see any trouble.

Aww ok.

Well I'll drop buy to say hello

I'll be in the comic village, try and find me...

I go to the Fox on the Friday night as its still a bit manageable but its just so busy on the Saturday that its a quick walk past to gawk at all the people then I leave again.
Yeah that's why we avoid it. It's a good laugh but waiting at the bar for an hour to get served is not so fun. Sometimes we go the Novotel first for a few drinks then go to Fox after when we're already a bit merry to have a dance

Theonik

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe I'm thinking of the usual lot that hang out outside of the Novotel then. I know there was a lot of complaints over smashed bottles.
Kinda mixed on those it's not just 'one' group. There is a lot of dodgy people that hang around there after the con is shut. Usually it's fine if you have a sufficiently large group though.