• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Fuchsia

Oct 28, 2017
Save the baby. But this woman needs to face some sort of consequences. It's sickening the way she talks.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Man, listening to her audio interview, she sounds like a sociopath. Didn't care at all seeing beheaded people's heads piled in a bin, only cares that she herself is being put in a bad position now and she wants to go home for the luxuries of better healthcare. Terrible person. She doesn't deserve to come back imo.

She has been conditioned and brainwashed. I see her as a victim.

Sinfamy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
She has been conditioned and brainwashed. I see her as a victim.
Can't you say the same about neo Nazi too? I'm sure you'd support them getting punched or going to jail.
She's 19 now, has no regrets after going to fight for a group that beheads people, runs over civilians, and blows up children's concerts.
She is the victim of her terrible choices and should be tried, just as the Nazis were tried at Nuremberg.

Nebula

Oct 31, 2017
Disagree that people think as a 15 year old that she was innocent and then brainwashed. At 15 you definitely have independent thoughts and are fully capable of understanding the choices they made. Sorry for the baby but she's not going to have a happy ending.

NuclearCake

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They should let her back in if only so that the unborn baby can be saved. As for her jail time for life seems appropriate.

Oct 27, 2017
Nottingham, UK
Disagree that people think as a 15 year old that she was innocent and then brainwashed. At 15 you definitely have independent thoughts and are fully capable of understanding the choices they made. Sorry for the baby but she's not going to have a happy ending.
Regardless of your opinion, she was in fact a child when she left the UK. She isn't now mind, buts it's worth remembering actual law to a point

Goodlifr

Nov 6, 2017
Bring her back, give her a fair trial, imprisonment (assumingly) and rehabilitation (if possible)

We aren't animals, FFS.

ManixMiner

Banned
Dec 17, 2017
The Un-united Kingdom
Britain warned all would be ISIS fighters that if you leave to join ISIS you would lose your British citizenship so yeh... You fucked up and know you have to live with that decision including your child, actions have consequences.

Timmm

Oct 28, 2017
Manchester, UK
funny, i was watching the BBC and in discussing this case even the right wing MP jacob rees-mogg agreed she had a right to return and he said that, being so young, she was likely a victim too and should be shown compassion and not be stripped of her rights under the law.

leave it to the progressive bastion here to collectively take a position to the far-right of a far-right conservative MP

I was amazed at Mogg saying that yesterday, think its the only time I have ever agreed with him

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
British and Commonwealth Soldiers joined the Nazis during WW2 and actively fought for them in the British Free Corps. After the war, the survivors were tried, imprisoned and served their sentences.

Same principle should apply here. She's a British citizen, the British state should take responsibility for bringing her to justice.

MagicDoogies

Oct 31, 2017
What blows my mind here is that she is literally unfazed by anything. Like forget her still being a part of ISIS.
How the hell did she come out of that experience seeing this as a 'normal life'.
The other girls that went with you got blown up, you see severed heads on a daily basis, the friends you made in ISIS are body parts scattered across a field and you claimed that you had a couple of kids prior that fucking died to bombing. She's just OKAY with that? She doesn't regret a single damn decision?
There is something seriously fucked with her, and while I can definitely believe as a teenager she was manipulated hard to go to ISIS to begin with- there seems to be something darker about her that was always there. She honestly scares me.

aisback

Oct 27, 2017
I would personally make her have a physiological assessment, charge her for any crimes she's done.

And if she's still appears to be a threat afterwards don't let her back.

If she doesn't appear to be one then let her in with supervision

Deleted member 21709

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I would personally make her have a physiological assessment, charge her for any crimes she's done.

And if she's still appears to be a threat afterwards don't let her back.

If she doesn't appear to be one then let her in with supervision

Where are they going to make that assessment, in the airport? The refugee camp?

Axe

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
She is a dangerous sociopath, that much is clear.

But I think she should be brought back to face justice and serve as an example to others who have done the same as her (hell, one of those people is someone I went to school with many years ago).

There will be more of them trying to return to their original countries as ISIS continue to lose ground. They need to be shown that their crimes will not be forgiven.

Oct 25, 2017
She is an adult. At what point you are held responsible for your own action and at what point you can blame it on brainwash?

Depends on whether you were brainwashed as a fucking child or not, doesn't it?

Some of you in here just want to see blood for blood. That's not justice.

Next up on era we should have a thread about how there are charities that provide a new way of life for former child soldiers in Sierra Leone. You know, some of them were even over 18 when they were still killing! How gross is it that there are people who are looking after them after all the evil they committed!

Last edited:

Ash735

Banned
Sep 4, 2018
Depends on whether you were brainwashed as a fucking child or not, doesn't it?

Some of you in here just want to see blood for blood. That's not justice.

Next up on era we should have a thread about how there are charities that provide a new way of life for former child soldiers in Sierra Leone. You know, some of them were even over 18 when they were still killing! How gross is it that there are people who are looking after them after all the evil they committed!
If this was a young man instead would you be saying the same? As already pointed out the same logic could be applied to Neo Nazis, but you'd be OK for them to get what they deserve right? ISIS wasn't some unknown underground club, they're a known terrorist organisation.

MOTHGOD

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
Buttfuck Nowhere
Nah don't let her back in. And even by the way she speaks it doesn't seem sane at all. Sure she might be jaded by it after being shocked by it for so long. And her baby should have a chance at a better life but holy shit does she sound like a ticking time bomb if let in, or allowed to sneak in.
She doesn't deserve the chance but her unborn baby does. This is a real Grey area predicament.

Oct 25, 2017
If this was a young man instead would you be saying the same? As already pointed out the same logic could be applied to Neo Nazis, but you'd be OK for them to get what they deserve right? ISIS wasn't some unknown underground club, they're a known terrorist organisation.

If a child had been brainwashed then I would. Of course I would.

The same logic applies to child soliders but I think you "progressives" are okay with charities helping them, right?

These are children who were exploited.

chaobreaker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
She needs to be institutionalized and deprogramed. I just feel pity for her but especially her baby. Same sentiment I have for for any teen who got lured and brainwashed by some ISIS recruiter online.

Oct 29, 2017
I'd maybe be up for a discussion for taking the child and bringing it up here if her family are willing to look after it.

Her? No. Maybe if she admitted she was a dumb kid and wanted to come back then we could discuss it but not having any regrets? You can stay there then.

Ash735

Banned
Sep 4, 2018
If a child had been brainwashed then I would. Of course I would.

The same logic applies to child soliders but I think you "progressives" are okay with charities helping them, right?

These are children who were exploited.
A 15 year old in the UK is not the same as a Child Soldier. By that age they've almost completed High School over here. When I was 15 I'd certainly have known not to join Al-Qaeda for instance, no matter how tempting they were making it sound.

ishan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
A 15 year old in the UK is not the same as a Child Soldier. By that age they've almost completed High School over here. When I was 15 I'd certainly have known not to join Al-Qaeda for instance, no matter how tempting they were making it sound.
teens are formative years. There is a reason juveliene prisons exist. Having said that can we all agree on the child needs to be put into foster care?

lazygecko

Oct 25, 2017
Full fledged, "rational" adults get suckered into cults, pyramid schemes and other kinds of exploitative scams that consume their lives all the time. And ISIS have professional groomers/recruiters who are well versed in this kind of psychology.

Ash735

Banned
Sep 4, 2018
teens are formative years. There is a reason juveliene prisons exist. Having said that can we all agree on the child needs to be put into foster care?
I'm all for the child being taken into care and for the mother to be put under immediate arrest pending trial for her crimes.

Clay Davis

Jan 8, 2018
It's really rather sad listening to her talk, she sounds like she's completely shutdown emotionally and isn't able to,, or, rather, refuses to, fully process what she's been through.

When she talks about life being like normal, I don't necessarily believe her, she sounds completely in denial of the situation. Her talking about the oppression is something that highlights how she's confused about how to feel about her experience.

I believe she should be allowed back into the UK, I feel she's in dire need of some psychological help and it's unfair to leave an innocent baby to be born in such a horrible place.

Oct 25, 2017

My guess is that her childhood was different to yours. Are you really having this much trouble with the concept that a 15 year old can be a victim in this case?

"When I was 15 I'd certainly have known not to join Al-Qaeda for instance, no matter how tempting they were making it sound."

Super weird sentence given that you're solely looking at it only from your perspective. It's a meaningless statement to make. "I would have known it was wrong" is some dumb shit. Why did she think it was right?

Conal

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
She is an adult. At what point you are held responsible for your own action and at what point you can blame it on brainwash?

When you've been brainwashed for 3 times (at least) as long as you've been an adult?

Id say that's fair.

We the people have nothing to gain from giving up our unshakable right to citizenship over this.

Bring her back, citizenship intact, try her, punish her and attempt to rehabilitate her like you you would any other prisoner.

Ash735

Banned
Sep 4, 2018
My guess is that her childhood was different to yours. Are you really having this much trouble with the concept that a 15 year old can be a victim in this case?

"When I was 15 I'd certainly have known not to join Al-Qaeda for instance, no matter how tempting they were making it sound."

Super weird sentence given that you're solely looking at it only from your perspective. It's a meaningless statement to make. "I would have known it was wrong" is some dumb shit. Why did she think it was right?
She made a choice to join ISIS, stayed with them for four years, doesn't see anything wrong with them and still wants to spread their message. She only wants back in the UK for healthcare since her two previous children died, she's openly stated she has no regrets in her choices.

Sometimes you make stupid choices in life and they're the wrong choices. Joining ISIS/any terrorist organisation and committing treason against your home country is kind of one of those wrong choices. Had she been 8, 9 to 12, sure I could see your pov but she was nearly an adult in UK law.

danmaku

Nov 5, 2017
What blows my mind here is that she is literally unfazed by anything. Like forget her still being a part of ISIS.
How the hell did she come out of that experience seeing this as a 'normal life'.
The other girls that went with you got blown up, you see severed heads on a daily basis, the friends you made in ISIS are body parts scattered across a field and you claimed that you had a couple of kids prior that fucking died to bombing. She's just OKAY with that? She doesn't regret a single damn decision?
There is something seriously fucked with her, and while I can definitely believe as a teenager she was manipulated hard to go to ISIS to begin with- there seems to be something darker about her that was always there. She honestly scares me.

Some people are so desperate for something that can give a meaning to their lives that they'll gladly become slaves and do horrible things for it. She's fine because she's doing what god wants from her. No doubts, no regrets. ISIS catched her when she was vulnerable, and now I don't know if she can be saved.

liquidmetal14

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Shame for the incoming baby. She is automatically a danger just for the affiliation with the group. I know I would feel uncomfortable knowing she was my neighbor.

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
I take a really dim view of letting non-fighter ISIS emigrants just waltz back home but the question is one of legality. You can't just deny a citizen a right to return home, and I'm not sure if you can imprison them or anything either without proof that they did anything illegal, unless you catch it under something broad like being an accessory to terrorism.

There definitely needs to be some sort of program to cover this, to vet them for their activities, imprison them if they committed any crimes while abroad, or put them through a kind of halfway-house re-homing situation if they didn't.

Deleted member 50969

Banned
Dec 17, 2018

CRS are usually beaten, abused, left for dead at a young age, whereas this girl had no signs of such life before she left to join ISIS.

Deleted member 2340

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It wouldn't surprise me if the moment she stepped on UK soil and saw the family she abandoned she drops to her knees and just starts crying.

Look I'm not making excuses for this lady and don't feel sorry for her but I wouldn't doubt that as a dumb 15 year old girl she was romanticized by the propaganda that ISIS was spewing at that time and when she finally reach Raqqa reality hit her hard and she went numb. She lost one of her friends in a bombing and lost track of the 3rd girl who left the UK. From 15 to 19 she had two kids die on her and is probably scared for her 3rd kid. She went from being just another 15 year old kid in the UK to a 15 year old kid laying down for her extremist husband who was 12 years older than her and who she also lost when he got got. She went from being a 15 year old who would take a stroll at a mall or a park in the UK just having fun to a 15 year old looking at severed heads when she went out. She probably needed to adapted mentally and emotionally to survive and probably still is adapting to survive.

But then again... the risks are too great to trusts her with anything really.

I read the majority of the posts here and besides one post that said something like "give her to the Kurds" which is disgusting considering what they would do to her and her child there's no bloodlust.

She committed a crime. It doesn't matter if she was a child at the time and it doesn't matter if you think she was brainwashed. All actions have consequences good or bad and the General UK public shouldn't be put at risk because you want to sympathize with this lady. If she were to step on UK soil she should be arrested and tried according to UK law. As for the child, I'm not sure how UK laws work. If it's not born on UK soil is it considered a citizen? Whatever the case I would hope this child is given a better opportunity to survive that it's siblings didn't have.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
She made a choice to join ISIS, stayed with them for four years, doesn't see anything wrong with them and still wants to spread their message. She only wants back in the UK for healthcare since her two previous children died, she's openly stated she has no regrets in her choices.

Sometimes you make stupid choices in life and they're the wrong choices. Joining ISIS/any terrorist organisation and committing treason against your home country is kind of one of those wrong choices. Had she been 8, 9 to 12, sure I could see your pov but she was nearly an adult in UK law.

She was a child. You don't know anything about the influences in her life that legitimised ISIS in her eyes or how long that was happening for, so you cannot make that judgment call. You can't look at it from your own perspective.

CRS are usually beaten, abused, left for dead at a young age, whereas this girl had no signs of such life before she left to join ISIS.

You don't know what was fed to her or by whom that led her to make a decision to leave her family and country at the age of 15.

Last edited:

CrocodileGrin

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
"My first time seeing a head severed from a body, I felt nothing. What's so special about it? That's a completely normal reaction, right? So, how do I get back in the UK again?"