• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Nirolak

Oct 25, 2017
This is the same British toy maker that made toys for the previous game.

Sumo Digital has noted they have a new kart racing game in development based on a popular global brand, but Sega has denied a new "SART" game is coming, so presumably the answer here is that it's "Sega Karts" or some other weasel word thing, or that Sega is just straight lying.

SonicStadium said:
TOY MAKER ZAPPIES CLAIM NEW SONIC RACING GAME FOR 2018

Over in Nuremberg, the annual Spielwarenmesse toy fair is underway and as usual the toy makers are showing off their new toys for release later this year. Well, one such toy maker has just added fuel to a fire which had been virtually extinguished earlier this week.

Zappies who were responsible for a number of All Stars Racing Transformed toys way back when the game was first release were at the convention and have allegedly told Spindash.de that there is a third Sonic racing game on the way!

Whilst there is no outright proof of such a game, what strongly supports it is that their booth is full of the original ASRT toys which went out of production years ago. They claim these are here as placeholders in a bid to give some retailers an idea as to what the new game and toys will look like.

Source: https://www.sonicstadium.org/2018/02/toy-maker-zappies-claim-new-sonic-racing-game-for-2018/

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Didn't Sumo Digital say that they weren't working on Sonic Racing? If so, then who would make the next game?

EDIT: Scratch that, you guys refreshed my memory. Thanks.
No, Sega's community manager made the claim that there wasn't a new "SART" in development.

I'm assuming there's some degree of weasel wording going on here.
Aaron Webber, the PR guy for the Sonic Twitter, said no "SART" (Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed) game is coming. The series could be coming back under a new name that's less of a mouthful. This title in particular makes me think it's just Sonic characters in the new one, which'd suck.

Oct 27, 2017
KwP50KH.gif

It's happening!!!!

Tidalwaves

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 27, 2017
Do they have anything new and exciting to add? What's Segas newest gaming Ip?

Zubz

Oct 25, 2017
no
Didn't Sumo Digital say that they weren't working on Sonic Racing?

Aaron Webber, the PR guy for the Sonic Twitter, said no "SART" (Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed) game is coming. The series could be coming back under a new name that's less of a mouthful. This title in particular makes me think it's just Sonic characters in the new one, which'd suck.

Mindman

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Someone is lying here here. But who?
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This story has more twists than fucking Lost, man. Transformed is up there with Crash Team Racing and Mario Kart 8 as the best kart racers ever made imho, even if the difficulty ramps up to BS-levels by the fourth star (or coin or whatever they had). Getting a modern sequel to that would be amazing, and some much needed competition in the genre.

ACL

Nov 18, 2017
Really liked Sonic Transformed, it became one of my most played WiiU games. I even thought of beeing interested in a Switch port. If there is a new Sonic Racing game in development I would really appreciate if Sumo Digital is working on it.

NinjaCoachZ

Oct 26, 2017
Man oh man, 1 and Transformed are so good, but Sumo have been so busy lately that I wasn't sure when a third would happen. If we really get one this year then that would make my year.

PLEASE have Bayonetta and Kiryu this time. And bring back some of the characters from 1 who weren't in Transformed like Mobo and Robo, ChuChu Rocket, Billy Hatcher... Ooh, Ristar and Dynamite Headdy too!

redrohX

Nov 26, 2017
The Netherlands
I really liked Transformed... played it on 360 and PC... so good!
Can't wait. I bet this will officially be announced at that Sega press event I read about.

~Fake

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If SEGA put Atlus chars into this new racing game... so good.

jobrro

The Fallen
Nov 19, 2017
Sega Racing Megamix.

You are 21 years later than predicted but I am still ready.

Zubz

Oct 25, 2017
no
Do they have anything new and exciting to add? What's Segas newest gaming Ip?

SEGA doesn't have anything new that's major, but since the last game, they bought Atlus (Meaning SMT & Persona are now SEGA franchises), popularity of the Yakuza & Bayonetta series has significantly increased, SEGA seems to be pushing more Golden Axe, Shinobi, & Streets of Rage in their merchandising, we've had a few new Sonic games (Several of which prominently featuring classic content), they know the popularity of some of their franchises they previously overlooked thanks to that character poll for SART that went nowhere because they realized they couldn't use the 2 most popular characters in that poll (Segata Sanshiro & Hatsune Miku) & the PC's the only system that got the DLC for 3rd place, & apparently SEGA can use Segata Sanshiro now, if his cameo in the Sonic comic means anything. So I'd say Classic Sonic, Sanshiro, & additional characters from the other 7 franchises I listed have a pretty good shot of making it in now.

Downside (for SEGA, at least) is that ToeJam & Earl's rights are now clearly established to be the rights of the original creators, so whereas TJ&E seemed on the table during that poll, they'd now have to be guest characters. Which shouldn't be a problem seeing how previous games had Banjo & Kazooie, Wreck-It Ralph, some YouTuber, & Danica Patrick. At least ToeJam & Earl make sense.

Zubz

Oct 25, 2017
no
But if they put Bayonetta Microsoft will need to remove the 'family games' tag.

Oh! That's another difference since the last game. We've seen that a toned-down Bayonetta can work while still explicitly remaining Bayonetta in Smash 4. Bayonetta being too mature was what kept her out of SART, but they can just go the Smash Bros. route & have lighter shades of black covering the bits of exposed skin & make her slightly-less flirty.

RM8

Oct 28, 2017
JP
This is good news, both of their Sega racing games have been fantastic.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
The most important question is:
Who is doing the music? Cuz I can always go for more Jacques