• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 28, 2017
Over the course of the past few weeks, I have watched 4 seasons of Broad City. I don't have cable so I never knew what it was. I really appreciate Ilana and Abbis sense of humor and how well the two characters play off each other. My first episode was the one where the girls go to a fancy restaurant for Abbis birthday. Ilana has prepared herself to partake in the shellfish despite being deathly allergic by packing an epipen. Things take a turn when Abbi attempts to administer the epinephrine, but injects it into her thigh during the tussle with the seizing Ilana. This gives Abbi superhuman strength, enough to pick up Ilana and carry her out of the restaurant, much to the horror of the other guests. Genius. And that blue dress appears consistently through the 4 seasons. Abbi paid a lot for it and she's getting her money's worth.

broad-city-shellfishx1s5n.gif

tumblr_njfjgofheo1qh05rsp4.gif

And, Jaime, of course. You can't help but love Jaime.
toppingszcqaf.gif

whitepowersuitocrf3.gif

giphy-4-1f8ofi.gif

Courage

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Seasons 1-2 are great, 3 is ok but I found 4 to be mostly terrible. I still gotta watch the rest of it but it felt like they were retreading material while not having a clear idea where to take their characters next.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
I still haven't seen the latest season but this show is drop-dead hilarious! The Knockoffs episode from season 2, hell practically ALL of season 2, was amazing from start to finish! The last couple of episodes in season 3 where they were in the airport and then on the plane were so funny too.

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like the show suffered with Hannibal Buress not being in most of the last season. Still solid.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Broad City is one of my favorite shows. Illana is my waifu in both looks in personality, especially personality.

I say this with so much conviction, I fucking said waifu in a post, which will never happen again.

One of the best comedies in awhile, and to think I almost missed it because Comedy Central initially marketed it as if it were some weak Workaholics analog. But then again, Workaholics was also funny, so Broad City probably would've been decent regardless.

JD3Nine

The Fallen
Nov 6, 2017
Texas, United States
As a matter of fact I just started watching this tonight. Only saw the first three but I was laughing my ass off. The first couple of minutes in the pilot with Hannibal Buress was incredible.

hateradio

Oct 28, 2017
welcome, nowhere
Seasons 1-2 are great, 3 is ok but I found 4 to be mostly terrible. I still gotta watch the rest of it but it felt like they were retreading material while not having a clear idea where to take their characters next.
That was my initial feeling, but thoroughly thinking about it makes me realize how both have actually changed.

Season four was exploratory for both of them on and off the screen, since they each direct some episodes. There were a lot of feminist themes. The witch episode is one of my favorites.

OP
OP
Officer Big Mac
Oct 28, 2017
Season 4 definitely had some changes to the characters. I'm willing to grant them some lead way with trying new stories. They can't be stupid kids the entire show.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Yep. Havent caught up with season 4 but the first three were glorious. In fact i need to research some later.

Oct 26, 2017
Haven't kept up but if theres tangible character growth in S4 I may have to check it out, even if it doesn't stick the landing. Ilana's shtick got old for me despite loving S1 and 2

Oct 25, 2017
I watched the entire series for the first time last year. It felt cathartic. My biggest complaint about season 4 is that I wish they brought in more regulars if they were going to get rid of so many of the stable of friends. And, as others have said, Season 4 is the most uneven, but it also had a lot of risk and was still a good watch.

grand

Oct 25, 2017
Comedy Central's best show right now by far. And I actually loved season 4 but I also viewed it as a transitional season where Abbi and Ilana move on from their current relationship and job realities. It's mostly setting up a season 5.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I love this show to death, it just puts a smile on my face so easily.

abbi-jacobson-ilana-glazer-broad-city-gif-21.gif

Also shout out to Hannibal Buress, who plays Lincoln:

Find-New-Interesting-Ways-Channel-Your-Stress.gif

But yea, great show, can't wait for Season 5!

tumblr-gif-submersivemedia.gif

smoothj

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Cant wait for the new season.

I always liked Steve Ogg playing the creeper locksmith.

ninnanuam

Nov 24, 2017

I felt like 4 doubled down on separating Abbi and Iilana in each episode. Also they ramped up humiliating Abbi at every opportunity. Rather than it being bad work hook ups or work not going well she's killing cats.

The only ep I really enjoyed was the Florida one, which keeps them together most of the episode.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
Just started the series recently cause I wanted to catch up when I saw commercials for the final season. I'm still in season 1 and will see how far I get soon. But I'd like to start live watching the show. I'm absolutely loving the series so far. Few things in the thread have me worried but I'll see when I get there.

Quick

Oct 25, 2017
I missed a chunk of last season, but caught last night's episode.

I don't think I missed too much that I can't fill in by myself, but either way, it was a pretty awesome episode that kept things fairly straightforward.

Ultima_5

Oct 25, 2017
This is kinda how I️ felt. Loved the first season and fell off hard. Plus as I've gotten a bit older from when I️ first saw the show (Early twenties to late twenties) I️ stopped relating to most of the characters and now find them annoying.

golem

Oct 25, 2017
The first two seasons were definitely brilliant. 3rd season was good too, havent started the fourth yet though. Need to get back in binge mode.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can't even look at Ilana without laughing. Ilana gifs are always the best. Abby you're great too but Ilana is just walking mirth.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Loved Season 1-3 but hated 4. Hopefully the final season can swing things around. One of my favorite comedies, the original web series was my jam.

hateradio

Oct 28, 2017
welcome, nowhere
Dirty 30. :(

I felt like 4 doubled down on separating Abbi and Iilana in each episode. Also they ramped up humiliating Abbi at every opportunity. Rather than it being bad work hook ups or work not going well she's killing cats.

The only ep I really enjoyed was the Florida one, which keeps them together most of the episode.
But the witch episode is one of the best episodes in the series.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
That was a really fun premiere. I'm glad we're getting one final season with these cuckoo caca insahne dudes.

PopQuiz

Dec 11, 2017
I'm Team Abbi. I know Illana is the star but Abbi gets me every time.

giphy.gif

But every thing is better with Hannibal.

giphy.gif