• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

JB2448

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Florida

Ds1GznfVsAEP2Jh.jpg:orig

2d5447390bd68a88b50a7f38d5c7cfb597d67c3e.jpg

(Can't find a clean image of just Brock.)

Following their appearance in Sun and Moon last year, the characters will be back again in the Alola region proper on December 23rd in Japan.

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
Oh damn, new clothes too? I was already happy but this is the cherry on top

Ororo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm happy though I don't think they'll be able to outdo their first SM appearance. I really like Ash having new companions every new region but if somehow Misty and Brock returned for the Gen 8 anime I would not mind at all. There's something about them besides nostalgia.

did Brock ever manage to court a woman? because his act got old
Plenty of times but the status quo meant he had to leave them for whatever reason at the end.

Here's season 1 on Blu-ray.
91fC371OYVL.jpg

Comes with a Pokémon Adventures sampler.

What's the quality of the transfers?

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Have any of them aged at all by now or are they still eternally 1 year after the Kanto league?

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
I wish they'd just age all of them already. But them in a more leadership role, or make a more mature Pokemon anime. It'll never happen, but I can dream.

Ororo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The GOATS.

Did Ash ever get Misty another bike?

Yes, Misty got a bike when she left after Johto, she hadn't really complained about her bike since Season 1 though.

Have any of them aged at all by now or are they still eternally 1 year after the Kanto league?

Comic time, time passes and mentions of it passing are done constantly, all previous seasons/events have happened but official bios still have Ash as 10 and the narrator of Black and White mentions he is 10.

Ororo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I wish they'd just age all of them already. But them in a more leadership role, or make a more mature Pokemon anime. It'll never happen, but I can dream.

Outside of the BW reboot this has pretty much happened already. Ash was not the same rookie he was in Kanto during Johto and Misty was no longer the hot headed girl either. In Hoenn Ash was much more experienced and May took the role of the rookie, when we saw Misty she had matured and now ran the Cerulean Gym, by Sinnoh Ash had pretty much replaced Brock as the mentor which made Brock useless and now he was a great trainer, Brock finally leaves to settle down, ages were not said but you could tell they had grown over the years..

Then Unova happened and mentioned Ash was 10 and he acted a lot like a much more inexperienced Ash, they rectified this with Kalos where he was very experienced and it felt like the evolution from Sinnoh Ash. Haven't watched SM but while many complain about the art style and that they de-aged Ash again, they did it in a different way that is more appropriate and apparently it works. Who knows what Gen 8 Ash will bring.

Holy shit which series is this from?
Sun and Moon.

Oct 25, 2017
Awesome ! Alola is really good too. Love that they have returned to having humor in the anime. And team rocket
repeatedly beating ash because they have a overpowered pokemon that only cares about beating pickachu - But then get dragged away
is pretty great too. Not having them in every episode and the bigger cast is also a breath of fresh air.

Also the art direction is really great for the show. It works when you see it in motion.