• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 9317

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
New York
Na, I live in Spokane, WA almost no businesses have cameras. Especially not bars.
That sucks. Check this out for future:

"For now, the North Precinct parking lot at the corner of North Market Street and East Diamond Avenue will be available during the week from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. People who want to use the parking lot as a meeting place should call (509) 363-8281 to confirm an officer will be there when they plan to meet."

I think it's this location:

Spokane COPS Northeast
5124 N Market St, Spokane, WA 99217, United States
+1 509-625-3343

Last edited:

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
I got robbed when I was in fifth grade. I walked home from school to find all the doors, drawers, cabinet doors, etc open in my house. I was dumb. I grabbed a knife, yelled that they better run, and checked every room and closet before going to my neighbor's to call the police. They broke in through my bedroom window, so I slept with a weapon under my bed after that.

Not a good experience. I'm sorry, OP.

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
as someone who was stuck up 3 times, twice with knives and once with a gun.

welcome to the party pal!

OP
OP
Aztechnology

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Update: I have the serial number on the console that was stolen. I reported it to the filing and will be looking at pawn shops in the next few days to see if it's there. Is there anything Sony might be able to do? Or am I out of luck on that end?

OP
OP
Aztechnology

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
20191204_182714.jpg

That's the serial below the barcode right?

Edit: Seems I would have to have the mac address?... and I don't because it was brand new.

Cosmo Kramer

Prophet of Regret - Chicken Chaser
Oct 28, 2017
México
You got outrun by a guy carrying a ps4 pro? Man you gotta get in shape
Sorry about your experience man

OP
OP
Aztechnology

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
You got outrun by a guy carrying a ps4 pro? Man you gotta get in shape
Sorry about your experience man
I was wearing clog slippers and the guy was well underway when I started chasing. The guy had clearly cased the area. Plus like I said I stopped after the first corner. I'm not looking to get shanked over $300. I'm not an idiot.

Maximus

Oct 27, 2017
I thought this thread was going to be like you stole chocolate or some dumb shit, not actually get robbed. That really sucks and it's good nothing physically bad happened to you. I hope you didn't lose anything too hard or expensive to replace.

edit: I see it was a PS4 pro, that still sucks :/

krae_man

Master of Balan Wonderworld
Oct 25, 2017
Wow that sucks OP. Next time meet near Homer Simpson:
MsTMe1q.gif

Also buy a lotto ticket, win $240.

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
Glad you're alright OP. Sucks ass there were no cameras and witnesses were shitheads. My hotel (which I've been amping up to make a thread on asking for advice/how to report the corruption) only has them in places to prevent theft from the front desk and food area but nowhere in the parking lot and nowhere that benefits guests.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Ah,sucks OP, sorry that happened to you..

Twice I've had failed attempts on me.

Once was on a Train back to London and I saw some guy try to take my bag. Luckily I was sat in a good seat with a good view of the baggage area so I approached him and grabbed the bag back before he stepped off the train. I was in disbelief at what just happened and never reported it to anyone.

Another time was when I was a teenager. I walked past a car on my way back from football practice and was casually listening to music on my minidisc player when I saw a random guy trying to get my attention. I took off my headphones and the guy came over and asked me why I was looking at his car.. I was confused and told him I didn't know what he was talking about and then he asked me to give him my bag, my Walkman and my money or he was going to kick my ass. I got really lucky at that moment because a car further down the road sounded it's horn and the guy turned round to look,and in that opportunity I ran, jumped into some random persons front yard and knocked on the door and some old lady answered who was kind enough to let me in to call my parents. I was so scared that I didn't go back out on the street to see if they were still there and my mom picked me up. I never walked that way home again after that day.

Glad you're alright OP. Sucks ass there were no cameras and witnesses were shitheads. My hotel (which I've been amping up to make a thread on asking for advice/how to report the corruption) only has them in places to prevent theft from the front desk and food area but nowhere in the parking lot and nowhere that benefits guests.

I used to work for a huge hotel chain and this used to piss me off. The last hotel I worked at had 14 cameras and 9 of them were in back offices and staff areas, and there wasnt even one on the front door.

Last edited:

Goodlifr

Nov 6, 2017
I honestly expected OP to say they took a pack of gum or something from the store .
Same here.
Bit gutted, was going to post my story of last week... Was in town having food and wife was having allergic reaction. I ran to closest shop to buy antihistamines, but queues were massive, so I picked up a packet of them and walked out.
Felt oddly liberating...

Anyway, OP, glad you're ok

Deleted member 42055

Banned
Apr 12, 2018
Glad you're ok. Never pursue, you never know the kind of person you're dealing with, everything is replaceable but your well being is priceless

OP
OP
Aztechnology

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Glad you're ok. Never pursue, you never know the kind of person you're dealing with, everything is replaceable but your well being is priceless
Yea, that's why I stopped. He was weaving through backyards between apartments etc. No way to know if he was alone or had a weapon.

Possibly he would have mugged/attacked me if I had.

Back to the serial number. Assuming Sony won't help me with just a serial number and crime report right?

Silver-Streak

Oct 25, 2017
Yea, that's why I stopped. He was weaving through backyards between apartments etc. No way to know if he was alone or had a weapon.

Possibly he would have mugged/attacked me if I had.

Back to the serial number. Assuming Sony won't help me with just a serial number and crime report right?
They might, actually. Definitely report it and document the conversation.

At minimum there's a good chance they blacklist the console from PSN, so the thief has a very large paper weight without firmware updates and network connectivity

OP
OP
Aztechnology

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
They might, actually. Definitely report it and document the conversation.

At minimum there's a good chance they blacklist the console from PSN, so the thief has a very large paper weight without firmware updates and network connectivity
I can't call until tomorrow support is offline sunday. There's no way to register the PS4 online with just the serial right?

Droidian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 28, 2017
That sucks OP but now you know where to do your sales from now on.

I used to do a lot of buying/selling off craigslist. Now I just do Offerup/letgo since they have rep.

The last time I tried making a huge sale on Coachella tickets (when B was there). People would try so hard to meet up for the tickets and as soon as I would say a police station they would flake/ghost or change their minds suddenly. I ended up going to coachella. A win win for me either way.

OP
OP
Aztechnology

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
That sucks OP but now you know where to do your sales from now on.

I used to do a lot of buying/selling off craigslist. Now I just do Offerup/letgo since they have rep.

The last time I tried making a huge sale on Coachella tickets (when B was there). People would try so hard to meet up for the tickets and as soon as I would say a police station they would flake/ghost or change their minds suddenly. I ended up going to coachella. A win win for me either way.
It was Facebook marketplace, I find the people on Facebook are the absolute worst. Unfortunately OfferUp and let-go have almost no presence in my area

Ciao

Jun 14, 2018
5 guys with knives robbed my drunk friend yesterday at 5am. He's safe, just lost all his wallet content.

OP
OP
Aztechnology

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
5 guys with knives robbed my drunk friend yesterday at 5am. He's safe, just lost all his wallet content.
Damn. That's my nightmare and I thought I was being safe. I imagine the reason I didn't get robbed is because I was in public and with witnesses all around. But who freaking knows.

Lunchbox

ƃuoɹʍ ʇᴉ ƃuᴉop ǝɹ,noʎ 'ʇɥƃᴉɹ sᴉɥʇ pɐǝɹ noʎ ɟI
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rip City
I wouldn't of stopped chasing but I also would of brought a gun.

(& yes I'd fight for a PS4 Pro just on principals.)

OP
OP
Aztechnology

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't of stopped chasing.
If it had been my phone or wallet it may have been a different story. But even then. I had left my car open. I had slippers on. It was really dark and he clearly knew the area. Like there was pretty much no chance and if he had a weapon I was fucked.

I feel very comfortable saying I made the right call.

Lunchbox

ƃuoɹʍ ʇᴉ ƃuᴉop ǝɹ,noʎ 'ʇɥƃᴉɹ sᴉɥʇ pɐǝɹ noʎ ɟI
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rip City
If it had been my phone or wallet it may have been a different story. But even then. I had left my car open. I had slippers on. It was really dark and he clearly knew the area. Like there was pretty much no chance and if he had a weapon I was fucked.

I feel very comfortable saying I made the right call.
Fight or flight man, in slippers tho? Why?!

Baron Von Beans

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Be thankful you're ok OP. I came home once to someone in my home, and they ran out after I entered the premesis. Though not before they made a stabbing and threatening gesture with some metallic item as a warning, from 10-15 feet away. These encounters are scary as hell to me. I couldn't imagine running after them, you definitely have way more courage than i do OP. And yes, the police really couldn't care less about these situations.

OP
OP
Aztechnology

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Be thankful you're ok OP. I came home once to someone in my home, and they ran out after I entered the premesis. Though not before they made a stabbing and threatening gesture with some metallic item as a warning, from 10-15 feet away. These encounters are scary as hell to me. I couldn't imagine running after them, you definitely have way more courage than i do OP. And yes, the police really couldn't care less about these situations.
They told me I'd have to call pawn shops and such if I wanted to check. Which seems crazy they couldn't just call me if it showed up as I believe they check registries/cases. But yea, I don't think the guy is gonna sell it anyway. He looked in his early 20's and my guess is he wanted it but didn't have the money so took it from me instead.

Baron Von Beans

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
They told me I'd have to call pawn shops and such if I wanted to check. Which seems crazy they couldn't just call me if it showed up as I believe they check registries/cases. But yea, I don't think the guy is gonna sell it anyway. He looked in his early 20's and my guess is he wanted it but didn't have the money so took it from me instead.
Yea, I was told something similar. Essentially, we have to do the work that our taxes are paying them to do. Such a joke. I came to the realization that whatever was gone, is gone, and I should be happy for what was left

OP
OP
Aztechnology

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
tenor.gif

Update a buddy knows someone who knows him. The guy used his real name. We have all his information and know pretty much everything about him. Don't worry I'm not going to go break kneecaps. Next steps? Just follow through with police? I don't want to necessarily send the guy to jail. He's got a fiance and young kid.

OP
OP
Aztechnology

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I talked to my parents. My dad absolutely went mental about the risks and said he'd rather pay me the list money to drop it.

Deleted member 9317

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
New York
Contact Sony to ban the console entirely. I'm sure he already sold it further ahead to some stranger who doesn't know he has a stolen console, and no one is wiser except the man who stole it.

Still, contact Sony, provide serial number, and somehow demand the console be banned. Also provide serial number to cops. From what I've seen, Spokane cops do catch a lot of serial thieves, and when they do, having a serial number is helping as they'll get in touch with you right away.

Daysean

Nov 15, 2017
tenor.gif

Update a buddy knows someone who knows him. The guy used his real name. We have all his information and know pretty much everything about him. Don't worry I'm not going to go break kneecaps. Next steps? Just follow through with police? I don't want to necessarily send the guy to jail. He's got a fiance and young kid.
Fuck his fiance and his kid
He knew what the fuck he was doing

OP
OP
Aztechnology

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Contact Sony to ban the console entirely. I'm sure he already sold it further ahead to some stranger who doesn't know he has a stolen console, and no one is wiser except the man who stole it.

Still, contact Sony, provide serial number, and somehow demand the console be banned. Also provide serial number to cops. From what I've seen, Spokane cops do catch a lot of serial thieves, and when they do, having a serial number is helping as they'll get in touch with you right away.
I did report it to the cops already. The serial, here I'll link the picture. Is the bottom number right?

Last edited:

Milk

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
tenor.gif

The guy literally robbed you. Follow that shit through with the police. Don't go the way of the hugging guy.

OP
OP
Aztechnology

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The guy literally robbed you. Follow that shit through with the police.
Yea, I mean I did pretty much everything I should have. Should I say I found him on Facebook etc again? Like isn't a bit wierd to be like, hey here I did your work for you. Also what are they gonna do, it's basically his word against mine. He can claim he just paid me etc.

Deleted member 9317

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
New York
I did report it to the cops already. The serial, here I'll link the picture. Is the bottom number right?
[DELETED]
Yes. That serial number had a mac address that they'll be aware of. Maybe go one step ahead and register the console on Sony's website. Really not sure if it helps but there's no harm. There's some contact info there as well.

Edit: DID I JUST READ YOU KNOW HIM? Contact the fucking cops. Moral is out the window the moment he robbed you.

Don't go hugging him now.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Aztechnology

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck I reported the wrong number I think? I reported what's under the bar code.

Ok I have no idea which is the serial number the entry box doesn't seem to line up with either.

Deleted member 9317

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
New York
I am trying to register it though and neither number is long enough. What the hell?
Huh, that's weird.

"The serial number can be found on the back of the console or on the original packaging. It has 17-characters separated by dashes (e.g 00-12345678-1234567)".

You're right. It's not that number, there's specific serial number on the console. Wth. When did this change?