• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
tenor.gif

Update a buddy knows someone who knows him. The guy used his real name. We have all his information and know pretty much everything about him. Don't worry I'm not going to go break kneecaps. Next steps? Just follow through with police? I don't want to necessarily send the guy to jail. He's got a fiance and young kid.
Screw having compassion for someone who robbed you. This guy wasn't thinking about his fiancé and young kid when he was dipping through backyards with your property.

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
ObeseFairArchaeocete-size_restricted.gif

OT: Never got robbed before but i did got my pocket picked on the 1st day when i was in Paris.

OP
OP
Aztechnology

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sony said that they really can't do anything without being subpoenad and gave me the official link to do so. He used his real name. So there's a chance he pawned it or "returned it" to Walmart or something. Is there a way I can check with Walmart too? Would they be willing to check or even care?

Deleted member 9317

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
New York
Sony said that they really can't do anything without being subpoenad and gave me the official link to do so. He used his real name. So there's a chance he pawned it or "returned it" to Walmart or something. Is there a way I can check with Walmart too? Would they be willing to check or even care?
Nope. If Sony don't care, no one will. Go vigilante on their ass and take cops with you. Get your money back!

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Why are you not letting the cops know who stole your PS4? You said you know who it was.

Doc Kelso

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Someone tried to mug me once and I was so oblivious to the fact that I just walked away and didn't even realize it until I was home. Sorry you got robbed OP. That shit sucks.

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
Gotta love the earth-shattering reality of realizing you've been robbed and that there's basically nothing you can do about it (because local police could give less of a shit about actually finding the perpetrators of garden-variety theft).

The only time this happened to me was in college a few years ago when some jackasses broke into our (unlocked, thanks shitty roommates) townhouse at night and stole my ps3, modded wii, and all my videogames. The damage came to something like $800 when all was said and done, and the local police did nothing to help.

OP
OP
Aztechnology

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Why are you not letting the cops know who stole your PS4? You said you know who it was.
I do, and I will report the new information to the cops, him, his fiance. Cops already had his real name. But my family wants to me let it go. Offered me the money to drop it. Because the guy is probably a junkie along with his fiance. So they don't want me to risk it. I just wanted him to not profit from it. It's probably too late though I couldn't watch marketplace for either of them because I was blocked by them. So their listings wouldn't have shown up, and I didn't know that.

Cops will not do anything about a console. They won't get a search warrant, they'll basically go up and ask him "did you steal it?" if he's on probation, which he probably is. His officer will probably be hotter on him/ trying to catch him. And then it could blowback to me because I could be sending him to jail for a while.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Aztechnology

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I thought the title was gonna be about you robbing someone for the first time.
As did everyone else rofl. If I had, I'd be as stupid as this guy. Yet it seems likely that nothing will come of this and the guy is basically going to be untouched. And if I push it, either with his family/friends. Or get police involved and nothing comes of it, I'm potentially in danger.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
You heard the OP, it's on sight with anyone holding a PS4 Pro this holiday, no exceptions. Let's get this fucker.