• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

T'Challa Shakur

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Disappointed that the Statue isnt his LSSJ form...I was hoping we would get a Super Sayian Black for LSSJ like we got SSJR for God Ki

T'Challa Shakur

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Man that's a big downgrade from his original design.
BrolySSNV03.png

This just looks like a slightly tweaked goku with a different outfit and white eyes (also why is his eyes white in regular ssj???)

Yep that's a downgrade.

You have awful taste....New Broly in the Armor is the BEST Broly.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Not sure if it's been confirmed but will the new movie follow on from Super and fill the gap between the end of Super and what comes next ?

Or will this be another side movie that gets retold within the next Dragon Ball season ?
This is the next main story after the ToP, so yes it follows on from Super.
As for if it will be retold in the show when it comes back, who knows.

If the production on the new show is fucked again, I expect them to retell it.
But luckily that won't happen, This movie's production is insanely good and that will almost definitely extend over to the show when it returns too. Hell, Toei even set up a third division specifically for Dragon Ball planning, for reference their other two divisions are TV anime planning and Anime Film planning, so DB is the only series to have its own division at Toei.

However, despite the fact that the only reason Super retold BoG and F was because Toriyama literally didn't have a story ready because of how rushed the show was, I wouldn't count out Super 2.0 retelling this movie, even with a good production, it all just depends on what they want to do. If they feel it needs an arc adaptation for TV viewers, or maybe they want to just get the preproduction of future arcs far ahead or something else, they might just retell it.
There's also the 20th Century Fox thing, every time any content from BoG or F was used for merch or games they had to credit Fox, but with the anime retellings they don't need to credit them anymore, but Fox is involved with this movie again (though not in America funny enough), so if they want to cut them out again they could just do retellings.

Trickster

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You have awful taste....New Broly in the Armor is the BEST Broly.

I like the fur pelt on the new design. But the rest is literally just some random frieza army gear. That kind of gear has been shown on literally hundreds of characters.

Original Broly's outfit was very distinct and one of a kind. Much more recognizable and memorable imo.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
I like the fur pelt on the new design. But the rest is literally just some random frieza army gear. That kind of gear has been shown on literally hundreds of characters.

Original Broly's outfit was very distinct and one of a kind. Much more recognizable and memorable imo.
Only a few characters have ever had the new Freeza Force gear.

Liquor

Oct 28, 2017

You are comparing a design that's been around for 20 years with a design that's been around for one day. Saying the former is more recognizable is a major "duh and of course".

However there is nothing about that other than it was first and its age that makes it unique. It's a shirtless black haired character with white tattered pants and a tattered red garment. Not only is it less than this new design, but it does nothing to establish whom he is outside of his films. Meanwhile it appears Toriyama is trying to build something much more meaningful here and tie him into the bigger storyline with Frieza.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
You are comparing a design that's been around for 20 years with a design that's been around for one day. Saying the former is more recognizable is a major "duh and of course"

However there is nothing about that other than it was first and its age that makes it unique. It's a shirtless black haired character with white tattered pants and a tattered red garment. Not only is it less than this new design, but it does nothing to establish whom he is outside of his films. Meanwhile it appears Toriyama is trying to build something much more meaningful here and tie him into the bigger storyline with Frieza.

Well Toriyama designed the original Broly. There was quite a bit that made it unique amongst Dragon Ball Z characters - no shirt, a collar, golden bands around the arm, notably baggy pants and trailing fabric. The only other character with garb like that is Beerus (and the other Gods of Destruction).

Broly's new clothes could be tied more closely to the story but that doesn't make them more unique.

Oct 25, 2017
Why would Broly even have gold bands and earrings, why does he look more royal than say, King Vegeta or Vegeta himself?
The rest of his outfit was fine, never got past the stupid gold though.

Liquor

Oct 28, 2017
Well Toriyama designed the original Broly. There was quite a bit that made it unique amongst Dragon Ball Z characters - no shirt, a collar, golden bands around the arm, notably baggy pants and trailing fabric. The only other character with garb like that is Beerus (and the other Gods of Destruction).

I mean, outside of the bands you just described Super 13.

PKthndr

Oct 25, 2017
The figure of base form Broly in the armor is the coolest Broly has ever looked ever forever. Nice. It is a great design, love the colors.

Edit: Or is that not base form? Looks like a new form.

Last edited:

Trickster

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Look at the armor on the figure in the OP, it's pretty different.

It's a slightly tweaked design with a bunch of green to drive home that "yep that's Broly alright". But it's still obviously just some Frieza style army gear. The most common outfit type in Dragon Ball

You are comparing a design that's been around for 20 years with a design that's been around for one day. Saying the former is more recognizable is a major "duh and of course".

The fact that one design is 20 years old and has had time to become recognizable/iconic, is irrelevant to my point though. And any goals Toriyama might have storywise for Broly also doesn't really make the outfit any more or less recognizable. Fact is that It's a Frieza army style outfit. The most common type of outfit in Dragon Ball. So compared to the one-of-a-kind outfit from the original design, it's just not gonna stick out as much.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Broly stays losing. I never understood the appeal of this dude. Just a mountain of muscle. Nothing interesting about him in either his design or existence. He's a force of nature and complete berserker. Woopdeedoo.

Only his original non-SSJ design was ever decent.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
It's a slightly tweaked design with a bunch of green to drive home that "yep that's Broly alright". But it's still obviously just some Frieza style army gear. An outfit type that is super common to the dragon ball series.
New Freeza Force armor is pretty different from the old stuff. these two are also the only ones before this movie to wear this style of armor.
latest
latest

The back of Broly's armor is also pretty different, but I can't find the image.

EDIT: Found it
DiMDqYOU0AAcV5b

Old style:
latest

Last edited:

Normal

Oct 26, 2017
Now I remember why I don't want old Z characters return. Should have went with the classic design. This looks like a step down, just like what happened to Future Trunks.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
They'll probably have DBS Broly as a separate character with his own moves.

I doubt it.

They'll probably adjust the Broly they have for the new LSSJ design, and any new super moves he has, and keep most everything else.

It depends on how prevalent his black haired form is, and how differently he fights, and I don't expect either will be significant.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
I doubt it.

They'll probably adjust the Broly they have for the new LSSJ design, and any new super moves he has, and keep most everything else.

It depends on how prevalent his black haired form is, and how differently he fights, and I don't expect either will be significant.
New Broly is a new character and old Broly isn't going anywhere.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
New Broly is a new character and old Broly isn't going anywhere.

New Broly doesn't seem like a new character, not in name, and not in design (when it comes to 2 out of the 3 forms we've seen). His backstory won't matter as far as video games go.

I think he'll just end up replacing the Broly we know, but we can't be sure at this point.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
New Broly doesn't seem like a new character, not in name, and not in design (when it comes to 2 out of the 3 forms we've seen). His backstory won't matter as far as video games go.

I think he'll just end up replacing the Broly we know, but we can't be sure at this point.

He'll only replace it if he's a superior character in both quality and reception

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
He'll only replace it if he's a superior character in both quality and reception

I don't even think it'll take that much. If he's still clotheslining people and dragging them by their heads, which is likely, he'll tick every box old Broly has, and be the preference of the two due to being canon alone.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017

Toriyama already said he's changing him up and made him a "more interesting character" with another side to him.
And Trunks already showed that a new design won't just replace an old one.
Old Broly is too iconic for them to just stop using.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
Toriyama already said he's changing him up and made him a "more interesting character" with another side to him.
And Trunks already showed that a new design won't just replace an old one.

Right, Toriyama is adding more to his character, but that only shows up in into/outro quotes in a fighting game.

I do think they'll choose Broly's canon appearance over his non-canon one, and I don't think they'll be different enough to have two characters.

Trunks is a different situation because his designs are based on canon appearances.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Right, Toriyama is adding more to his character, but that only shows up in into/outro quotes in a fighting game.

I do think they'll choose Broly's canon appearance over his non-canon one, and I don't think they'll be different enough to have two characters.

Trunks is a different situation because his designs are based on canon appearances.
You say this like we don't already have two Gokus and Vegetas in FighterZ and aren't about to get a third for both.
And other games like XV go even harder on having multiple versions of characters.