• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
If anything it looks like Kefla's
Kefla and Kale, yeah.
latest

Liquor

Oct 28, 2017
Goku has a very distinct hairstyle. You can recognize it from a silhouette. Broly's hair other than being black looks nothing like it.

Vire

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I feel like he looks too similar to Goku now, I liked his design before better tbh.

Liquor

Oct 28, 2017
I have no clue what people are looking at. No revealed form of Broly "looks like Goku".

Santar

Oct 27, 2017
Norway
So what's the deal with Broly's name, is it Broly or Broli? Kanzenshuu insists on calling him Broli, but I thought his official western name was Broly?
When it comes to Beerus they are the opposite, they insist on calling him Beerus, which is the official western name for him and not Bills, which I personally feel fits better with how it sounds in Japanese.

Last edited:

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So what's the deal with Broly's name, is it Broly or Broli? Kanzenshuu insists on calling him Broli, but I thought his official western name was Broly?
When it comes to Beerus they are the opposite, they insist on calling him Beerus, which is the official western name for him and not Bills, which I personally feel fits better with how it sounds in Japanese.

Its actually Breckin but he's embarrassed by it.

Erigu

Nov 4, 2017
In Japan, the official alphabet spelling is "Broly". I imagine Kanzenshuu simply wants to say closer to "broccoli".

I guess that's because (as far as Toriyama is concerned, anyway) that name is a pun on "beer", so they don't have an issue with the official spelling, there.

... Of course, by that logic, they shouldn't be using "Bulma", but hey!

Oct 26, 2017
Silly thing to be stuck on, but I really hope we see a great 2v1 fight and not this same ole same ole shit of Vegeta OR Goku fighting a baddie at once.

Santar

Oct 27, 2017
Norway
In Japan, the official alphabet spelling is "Broly". I imagine Kanzenshuu simply wants to say closer to "broccoli".

I guess that's because (as far as Toriyama is concerned, anyway) that name is a pun on "beer", so they don't have an issue with the official spelling, there.

... Of course, by that logic, they shouldn't be using "Bulma", but hey!
I just find it so weird how they insist on using their own spelling when it suits them, though I've always found parts of that community to be a little, hmm, arrogant?

The whole thing about Beerus is a bit confusing too because wasn't there some misunderstanding during his origins that led to the spelling of his name? I seem to recall Toriyama only settling on beer as a pun later on when Whis was named or something, like it wasn't always going to be the case.
Either way, Beerus is awesome no matter what you call him, so glad he's in the movie. Toriyama really struck gold when creating him!

Ravenwraith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The regal look Broly had before was cooler to me. He looks too similar to the other Saiyans to me now with nothing really making him stick out

Liquor

Oct 28, 2017
The regal look Broly had before was cooler to me. He looks too similar to the other Saiyans to me now with nothing really making him stick out
Another complaint I just dont get. I have never personally viewed or heard anyone ever state Broly looked like some kind of royalty. He is a large barbarian. I guess all you need are a few gold pieces to look like a king of some sorts?

Anthony Mooch

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So they are doing the mind control plot again

I guess frieza kills the dad and takes control than broly breaks free follows frieza to earth

Sony

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I already hated Kale, but now that they're making Broly canon I hate her even more.
They wasted so much of Broly's iconic moves/scenes on that Kale... His Ki blasts, his transformation scene.
I also much, much prefer Broly's old design.

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I mean he has purple pants

He's pretty much the hulk.

I guess he has to get into a poorly written relationship now and hang out with a crazy lighning man in space
There's no female character left on Dragonball unless he dates out of universe. Unless for some reason they bring back Launch and holy shit that would be perfect. I ship them forever now.