• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
https://tvline.com/2019/01/11/brooklyn-nine-nine-ratings-season-6-premiere-nbc/

Hot damn!

Fox castoff Brooklyn Nine-Nine made its NBC debut on Thursday night to 3.56 million total viewers and a 1.2 rating, improving on time slot predecessor Will & Grace's fall average by 50 percent while hitting a two-year demo high for the acclaimed comedy. (In fact, B99 hit a three-year high if you except the Jan. 1, 2017 episode that aired out of a big NFL game.)

Versus its previous season opener, B99 was up 82 and 71 percent.

TVLine readers gave the cop comedy's return an average grade of "A-," while "Pineapple Slut" won out novelty shirt poll.

CB715871A33D1503F16E96CEC12AB74754885833

SweetNicole

The Old Guard
Oct 24, 2017
It deserves all the viewers. B99 + the Good Place is the best one hour of comedy on TV right now.

Deleted member 13645

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is going to be my next watch after I get through The Good Place. I've heard great things, and i'm really glad it did well with ratings!

Nov 1, 2017
Having Titan Games as a lead in probably helped but the live ratings are basically irrelevant for this show now that NBC is fully in control. Fox cancelled it because NBC made all the streaming/syndication money. That's not a problem anymore.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
It deserves all the viewers. B99 + the Good Place is the best one hour of comedy on TV right now.
I'm hoping Superstore and AP Bio will come back on Thursdays to join those shows. Superstore, especially.

And for fun:

Every episode of Brooklyn 99 ranked by Vulture:

https://www.vulture.com/article/best-brooklyn-nine-nine-episodes.html

And yes, of course the best episode is number one.

That number 1 episode is what I expected it to be and I'm really pleased with their choice. The number 2 choice is great as well.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Sucks Superstore can't be part of Thursdays and bring back Must See TV

It's weird though because LMS on FOX hasn't tanked at all so it seems a win on both sides.

Dec 6, 2017
US
Great to hear, funny ass show.

I still wish they had somehow been able to bring back Don't Trust The B In Apartment 23 somewhere, somehow. Loved that show and it still stings.

CallMeShaft

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Haven't seen the episode yet (it's on my DVR), but good to see the show returned to excellent ratings. Obviously that number will drop throughout the season, but the initial numbers make me a lot more confident that we'll get another season after this.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
That's awesome. If only The Mick had been saved as well.

Exactly. Fox are morons for creating such amazing sitcoms and cancelling them. The Mick, The Last Man on Earth, LA to Vegas (this one is criminally underrated) and this one. They all deserved at least 9 season run.

I hope they don't touch The Orville.

PhantomKnight

Oct 25, 2017
Great to hear, thanks America for watching it.

Sadly I will have to wait until it comes to Netflix in my country, but can't wait to binge the new season.

Oct 27, 2017
Definitely feels like there has been more people talking about than ever before last night.

That, and, this was honestly one of the funniest episodes in a long time. If they can keep this up, this might be the best season since season 3 (this is coming from someone who thought seasons 4 and 5 were solid 8/10 seasons, but not the 9/10 season 2 was or the 10/10 for season 3).

Side note: After last season (but before the cancellation announcement), I honestly thought that this show would only go on for two more seasons, but I'm starting to think this might go for nine like The Office. Would also make sense given how much NBC is investing into this show, it would be weird for them to only pick it up post-cancellation for two seasons.

Second side note: I'm still hoping that Peretti changes her mind and stays on the show, she's still great.

Oct 27, 2017
Exactly. Fox are morons for creating such amazing sitcoms and cancelling them. The Mick, The Last Man on Earth, LA to Vegas (this one is criminally underrated) and this one. They all deserved at least 9 season run.

I hope they don't touch The Orville.

I really do feel like comedies should try their best to get on NBC for the assurance that they won't get cancelled. I mean look at Superstore, that had a rough start, but now it's doing great, both in ratings and quality.

Feels like FOX is trying to be more and more drama oriented, I'm still surprised Bob's Burgers hasn't been cancelled, especially since it hasn't been that funny or creative in a couple of seasons.

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't contribute to the ratings, but it is ready to be watched in my Hulu queue. Can't wait. Holt is one of the best characters in a comedy.

Whitemex

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I really do feel like comedies should try their best to get on NBC for the assurance that they won't get cancelled. I mean look at Superstore, that had a rough start, but now it's doing great, both in ratings and quality.

Feels like FOX is trying to be more and more drama oriented, I'm still surprised Bob's Burgers hasn't been cancelled, especially since it hasn't been that funny or creative in a couple of seasons.
Bob's Burgers has movie coming so it being cancelled isn't happening until after

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Season 5 better hurry up and come to my Netflix region already! Love this show so much.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
was really hoping the network change would mean we would get weekly eps on netflix here in EU (like we do with the Good Place), but alas, no. TV deals, how do they work ;_;

Certinfy

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I just hope Season 6 is actually good.

I only watch sitcoms these days. This, Fresh off the Boat, The Good Place and Modern Family. Though the latter has dipped in quality sadly.