• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Porco Rosso

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Great premiere. I actually found it more non-stop funny than some of the last season's episodes. The jokes per minute count felt like it was hitting 30 Rock levels. Can't wait for more!

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Watching the premiere on Hulu. Good start to the season and yeah doesn't feel like they missed a beat.

OP
OP
Naijaboy

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
We need an 80s Hitchcock and Scully series stat!

LOL Gina called out the Sprint guy traitor.

Last edited:

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Yeah, the opening reveal with Hitchcock and Scully was great. The Beaver Trap as well.

Who knew Wing Slutz would lead to their downfall?

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
I don't know if I should be proud or not that I immediately recognized Donna D'Errico as the modern day Wing Slutz girl.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
On one hand I was perfectly fine with Scully and Hitchcock being these mythical super cops of the 80s, with just vague allusions and stories about them to add an air of intrigue around them. On the other hand, like Captain Holt being this over the top 70s wundercop, they nailed thek completely and they are 2/2 when it comes to flashbacks being totally fucking amazing. Only 2 episodes in and they already belted out an All Time top 10. Cannot wait for the rest of the season.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'm already feeling this season. The show is still at the top of its game even after everything.

The Hitchock/Scully flashbacks were amazing.

borghe

Oct 27, 2017
honestly that was the best episode of the series. I suppose that in a very small way makes up for the lack of Halloween Heist episode this year.

also "oh my god. WE'RE THE BEAVERS!"

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
I always love the show dropping all these little details about Rosa's life outside of the precinct.

OP
OP
Naijaboy

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
Looks like this means Gina Rodriguez couldn't make another appearance, which is understandable.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Well that looks to be the farewell episode for Gina's character. Wonder if she shows up at all later in the season.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Find you a woman who gets turned on by perfect attendance and community service

The moment between Jake and Gina at the end there was nice . I had almost forgot she had a kid on the show.

Holt: Productivity is fun. That's why people go to work.

Terry: It is?

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
I hate that they're writing Gina off, but I guess it's for the best if Chelsea Peretti wants to move on. The show could benefit from having fewer characters/storylines, so it might prove to be a good thing in the long run, even though Gina is one of the best characters.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
I hate that they're writing Gina off, but I guess it's for the best if Chelsea Peretti wants to move on. The show could benefit from having fewer characters/storylines, so it might prove to be a good thing in the long run, even though Gina is one of the best characters.

She was absent for the most part of season 5 as well and the parts she was in didn't really contribute to anything, she was just there being her. I liked her in previous seasons because she was part of the team but she kinda fell outside of the dynamics while everyone else got closer together and had such fantastic chemistry.

jacket

Oct 25, 2017
This is a total waste of time.

Sure but you can still have fun even if you're wasting time.

That's absurd, productivity is what makes things fun. That's why humans go to work.

.....it is?

TripOpt55

Oct 25, 2017
Gina was my favorite character back in the first couple seasons. And while I favor Holt and Rosa now, I will still miss Gina. Though I agree with the sentiment expressed by some others that she hasn't been utilized quite as well in recent seasons, she still delivered a lot of laughs for me.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
I thought tonight's episode was a pretty good send-off for Gina. The Jake segment with them posing as rich people was hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.