• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 32374

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Welp, the NFL is glad that this happened after Super Bowl week.

Browns smart to get this out of the way during the "dead time" between the end of the season and the start of the official season in march.

Will people remember when Hunt is scoring touchdowns? I hope so.

OrdinaryPrime

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just so we're clear, Kareem Hunt got a job before Colin Kaepernick. Fuck the NFL and fuck the Browns.

Inyourprime

Oct 25, 2017
This league still won't sign Kaep, huh? That's okay... this move is on brand with the NFL, so it's whatever.

Caja 117

Oct 25, 2017
When you repeatedly can't follow the rules, that's why Gordon got released. If Hunt pushes another woman again, he's exiled from the NFL.
Its weed, NFL have very strict rules for pot smoker but when it comes to domestic violence they dont give a fuck, the "repeatly didnt follow the rules" is a weak argument in contrast to beating up women and childs.

Planx

Oct 27, 2017
leaving it up to the teams to not employ a piece of crap who beats their wife will always be a bad situation. One or two teams will always be willing to take the PR
hit because they think the on-field production will be worth it. This needs to be done at the league level, but the owners won't push for it in a CBA, because they don't think it'll affect the bottom line as much as other issues (like keeping the current rookie pay structure, profit splits, etc). The players union won't push for it, because why would they? They're supposed to protect all members of the union, even those accused of domestic violence.

The NFLPA would almost assuredly allow for increased punishment, but they'll want something in exchange because that's how these things work. Similarly the NFLPA has been unable to get changes done for weed suspensions because pushing for that means they'd have to give something else up and the players would rather have more money than less suspensions from weed

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
Did they sign him as a Kicker?
D6l8fu1.gif

The_Land

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cleveland Ohio
Josh Gordon: I have drug issues stemming from my mental health troubles that I need help with
Browns: Get out
Kareem Hunt: I beat up my girlfriend
Browns: COME ON IN
Let's not act like the Browns didn't give Josh Gordon about 50 thousand chances over the course of like 7 years. I don't agree with them signing Hunt and he deserves to never play football again but let's not act like the Browns threw Gordon to the curb after one incident.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
This is the part that confuses me the most, since it was a given that SOMEONE would sign Hunt. They already have a stud back.

For what it's worth, Hunt is very different than Chubb and many teams carry two or more talented backs if they can do different things... At least, that seems to be the hot thing to do now. Chubb is a poor pass catching running back, same with pass blocking. I loved Chubb last season, and in college, drafted him in most of my FF leagues, but he was a 3rd down liability last season... If Hunt's ability could be cloned and put onto somebody who was not a piece of shit, it'd be a huge offensive addition for the browns and the perfect signing. We'd talk about how now Mayfield has this great pass protecting weapon out of the backfield. BUt... it's fucking Kareem Hunt.

Prior to them adding Hunt, I would have thought they'd try and get Rex Burkhead or another pass receiving, pass blocking back in the off season. Even if CHubb was a dedicated 3 down back, multiple good backs seems to be the new trend in the NFL... Heck, I think if LA Rams added a health pass receiving back in like ~week 14 when it was clear Gurley was hurt or something was wrong, I think they might have won the Super BOwl. Not having that change of pace back really hurt them against New England.

Wolf

Oct 25, 2017
Just when I was kinda rooting for them to succeed after they drafted well and seemed to be heading in the right direction.

Back to the dumpster for them.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not surprised that someone signed him, that was always going to happen since women beaters get scooped up at every opportunity in the NFL. I'm just surprised it was the Browns since they already have Chubb. Maybe it is for trade bait, or to bolster their already good backfield, who knows?

Oct 26, 2017
Nashville
Ohio loves their woman beating RB's. Cleve with Hunt and Cincy with Mixon
I took this out cause it could be misinterpreted, but basically Mixon has done things to improve himself. However, I do not like what he did, and it's disgusting that he gets paid millions with that shit looming over.
Hunt I haven't seen do anything to change.

HOWEVER,

Does this mean I support the Bengals giving Mixon a chance? No I didn't want him on the team cause of it and it makes me uneasy. However, since he has came to Cincy he has done things to try to right his life which I'm happy is the result. Does he deserve more jail time definitely since it's horrible.

I do wish none of these guys keep getting hired though, Mixon, Hunt, Pac-Man, etc. all of them need justice to be served to them better.

Last Edit:
I think I'm the end none of these guys deserve to be employed with the stuff they did.

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2017
Just looking at the football side of things, the Browns just added another talented player for real cheap. That team is super young and the core are all on rookie deals. Like it or not, that's the formula for a winner.

PR wise, it's pretty obvious why this move was made in February. I'm suprised they didn't wait until Friday afternoon to announce it.

GodofWine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Nothing shocking here really. If Joe Mixon is in the league, well, lets just say Mixon's video made Hunts video look like a minor shoving match.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
It was never in doubt that some team would sign him. As long as you don't kneel or get caught with drugs multiple times, the NFL will give you a job.

Doctor Doggo

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck the nfl. Be a black man and kneel and people losing their fucking minds. But kick a human being, you're good. Fuck off forever. Joke of a fucking sport.

overcast

Oct 25, 2017
Knew he wouldn't be out of the league for long. Watch him get an 8 week suspension and be regarded as a "comeback story" if he has any success.

Reference: Adrian Peterson

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
He was gonna be signed somewhere no matter what. If it hadn't been the Browns it would have been someone else.

I just don't get why they would do it after Nick Chubb had such a good season.

Gatti-man

Banned
Jan 31, 2018
You're right.

Every great player is allowed one beating of a woman. Anything beyond that will be inexcusable.
I feel like we should have different words for this because after seeing the video I hardly would call him a "woman beater". It's a completely different league than other examples I've seen and something that could be treated and remedied with counseling. People are human after all. I don't think when people make mistakes they should be banned from their profession for life. Especially when it's something that didn't even land you a guilty verdict in a court of law.

Knew he wouldn't be out of the league for long. Watch him get an 8 week suspension and be regarded as a "comeback story" if he has any success.

If he gets 8 games it would be like 14 then since he missed half last year as well including the playoffs right? What would be enough for you to feel it's ok to come back?

Deleted member 4179

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (3 Days): Hostility and peddling misinformation
Lot of unchecked blatant lies in here to further agendas. Not his girlfriend, didn't hit her. Barely shoved her with his foot. Get a fucking grip, people. Dude's an asshole, but what the fuck? Both of them should have been arrested and charged with assault. Funny how ERA will praise the guy who punched Spencer in the face, but they'll bend over backwards to defend a woman who got foot shoved for hurling n-bombs.

Gatti-man

Banned
Jan 31, 2018
Lot of unchecked blatant lies in here to further agendas. Not his girlfriend, didn't hit her. Barely shoved her with his foot. Get a fucking grip, people. Dude's an asshole, but what the fuck? Both of them should have been arrested and charged with assault. Funny how ERA will praise the guy who punched Spencer in the face, but they'll bend over backwards to defend a woman who got foot shoved for hurling n-bombs.
She spit in his face and called him the N word. Then he lost his cool pushed her and kicked her but I think what people are missing is just how strong Hunt is and that he didn't attack her he just lost his cool. If a man like Hunt kicks you as hard as he can you're going to the hospital.

I don't think a lifetime ban fits the crime. Honestly I don't even think he should be suspended beyond what he served last year from what I saw from the video and read of the police report.

Striker

Oct 25, 2017

I think a lot more of the media will be cautious praising Hunt compared to Peterson. He somehow escaped that wrath.

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
She spit in his face and called him the N word. Then he lost his cool pushed her and kicked her but I think what people are missing is just how strong Hunt is and that he didn't attack her he just lost his cool. If a man like Hunt kicks you as hard as he can you're going to the hospital.

I don't think a lifetime ban fits the crime. Honestly I don't even think he should be suspended beyond what he served last year from what I saw from the video and read of the police report.
Your takes are way too "spicy" for this forum.