• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Slappy White

Oct 27, 2017
All that really matters in the NFL is what you can do on the field and that you do it with your mouth shut.They've proven it over and over and it will never change.

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
I've gone on in length about how stupid he was for putting himself in that position, but I'm never going to side with those who feel a black man should become permanently unemployed in his field for responding extremely poorly to being called a nigger.

Frunkle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So was Ray Rice's and they destroyed him over it. Hunt is just younger and better at this point than Rice was.

Lol Ray Rice also punched his fiancé so hard she was knocked off her feet. Equating with Hunt did to Ray Rice is either downplaying what rice did, exaggerating what hunt did, or both.

Striker

Oct 25, 2017
Lol Ray Rice also punched his fiancé so hard she was knocked off her feet. Equating with Hunt did to Ray Rice is either downplaying what rice did, exaggerating what hunt did, or both.
Hunt did more than the shove and kick. He's had multiple allegations on him. So sorry if I don't give him the benefit of the doubt.

How about Pacman Jones, is that a more appropriate comparison? Both gigantic scumbags.

OrdinaryPrime

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

When you have to compare degrees of violence against women to make your argument seem better...that ain't it chief.

Oct 27, 2017
I really didn't expect to see people defending or downplaying his actions here, I just didn't. I watched football for 30 years and I just can't deal with how evil the NFL is now. Have a good thread.

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
Of course they they did.

They had a good season (by their standards) and looked like they could build on something.

But then they remembered they were the Browns.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
They have a top 5 RB already and one of the top 3 pass catching RBs in the league, this just screams of "Hey, Look at Me!"

RBs are disposable these days. You can never have too many.

They did this because at the end of the day if Hunt performs, people will forgive and/or forget, and they know it. In fact if he plays well the league and the media will twist it into a story about him overcoming adversity. Hell the Chiefs cut him yet have a much worse dude (Tyreek Hill, who tried to strangle his pregnant girlfriend) on their roster, and since he plays well you get people lauding him like he's some kind of survivor.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017

They did this because at the end of the day if Hunt performs, people will forgive and/or forget, and they know it. In fact if he plays well the league and the media will twist it into a story about him overcoming adversity. Hell the Chiefs cut him yet have a much worse dude (Tyreek Hill, who tried to strangle his pregnant girlfriend) on their roster, and since he plays well you get people lauding him like he's some kind of survivor.

Heck, the Pats have three different backs that get significant carries on their team, and they won it all. The team they beat needed two RBs to even get there.

I still believe that if Kaep was a premiere QB in his prime, he would've been back on the field already.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
After Michael Vick was able to make it back in the league, anyone can make it back in the league.

Except Kaep.

tabris

Oct 27, 2017
So I finally watched the video. At first I was like "OK there's some shoving - oh that looks bad but looks like someone got knocked over and then fell into the girl who got knocked into the wall after the shoving." so maybe an accident but then I caught the end of the video with the full on kick and wtf - this guy is an asshole.

While I always believe in second chances, this should be an entire next season ban at least and no team able to sign him until after that. And even then should be a review and psychological test to confirm he has remorse over his actions, otherwise maybe lifetime ban? And honestly how has he not been convicted/charged on assault?

Baji Boxer

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Gross, though not shocking. NFL is terrible and inconsistent when it comes to domestic violence, and there are a number of pretty terrible abusers holding jobs right now (like Peterson).

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
Why?
They have Chubb

They gonna be flipping him?

Bitanator

Oct 27, 2017

I just think it is not worth the headache, especially for a team that is a perennial fuck up.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
I just think it is not worth the headache, especially for a team that is a perennial fuck up.

But how much of a headache is it really? If he keeps his nose clean publicly and plays well will people honestly be discussing this deep into the season? If he fucks up again or plays bad they cut him, and the narrative is "Kareem Hunt blew his 2nd chance!". The reason teams do this is because for all the outcry and vitriol they know their fans have short attentions spans and shorter memories.

Yung Coconut

Oct 31, 2017
Not a good look, but it was never going to be. And Hunt was going to obviously end up on a team sooner than later anyway. In that sense the Browns were pretty smart in grabbing a good player for cheap and dealing with the blowback during the offseason. This is only a bad move in a world where profits and winning aren't the only motivating factor in sports and everything else. That world doesn't exist. Browns want a winning season and a few weeks into the season none of you are going to still be talking about this unless Hunt does something stupid. Second chances something something stuff and things.

The real travesty is the hand Kaepernick was dealt. Kaepernick was hurting the owner's bottom line, while players like Hunt will fill their vaults with money. The details don't matter because money.

Last edited:

Bitanator

Oct 27, 2017
But how much of a headache is it really? If he keeps his nose clean publicly and plays well will people honestly be discussing this deep into the season? If he fucks up again or plays bad they cut him, and the narrative is "Kareem Hunt blew his 2nd chance!". The reason teams do this is because for all the outcry and vitriol they know their fans have short attentions spans and shorter memories.

This is true, a headache more so week in week out media wise, then again I'm a Dallas fan and I doubt Browns will catch much shit for this at all

Bitanator

Oct 27, 2017
in no particular order,

Kamara
Barkley
McCaffrey
Bell
White
Cohen
Zeke
Gurley
Jalen Richard
And Kareem Hunt

Zeke? The player who yelded a negative EPA for passing whenever targeted? Duke Johnson is not utilized in the Browns enough, he is increibly versatile and a reason why they gave him that contract extension, he is incredibly underrated.

Z Y

Oct 27, 2017
Duke Johnson is not a top ten pass catching back, let alone top 3

Ok this is just getting crazy now.

500 — Johnson joined Herschel Walker as the only running backs to amass at least 500 yards receiving in each of their first three NFL seasons. His 74 catches for 693 yards were the most-ever by a Cleveland running back in a single season.
6.3 — Since 2015, Johnson ranks first in scrimmage yards per touch (6.3) among NFL running backs.
1,741 — His 1,741 receiving yards are also the most by any back in that span.

His production took a hit in the first half of this past season because Todd Haley is a nincompoop. I realize that most non-Browns football fans may have only heard of Duke this season but he's definitely a top tier receiving RB.

Planx

Oct 27, 2017
You're just naming RBs now. I want to see some receipts.
by DVOA Duke Johnson has never been a top 10 pass catcher in any of his seasons, everyone else has. Sure a top ten list of a specific niche is highly debatable and he could slip in at the end. But he's seems like an average 3rd down RB on a team that fed him. With a much better looking offense, and if he gets more involvement, it'll be interesting to see if he can put his previous numbers up when the opposing defense isn't playing prevent and letting him chunk plays

Z Y

Oct 27, 2017
by DVOA Duke Johnson has never been a top 10 pass catcher in any of his seasons, everyone else has. Sure a top ten list of a specific niche is highly debatable and he could slip in at the end. But he's seems like an average 3rd down RB on a team that fed him. With a much better looking offense, and if he gets more involvement, it'll be interesting to see if he can put his previous numbers up when the opposing defense isn't playing prevent and letting him chunk plays

Again, how many Browns games have you watched in the last 4 seasons? Browns didn't win but games were close e laugh that teams weren't playing prevent midway trough the 3rd quarter. The numbers are there, friend. Duke is a premier receiving back and most definitely in the top 10 conversation.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Again, how many Browns games have you watched in the last 4 seasons? Browns didn't win but games were close e laugh that teams weren't playing prevent midway trough the 3rd quarter. The numbers are there, friend. Duke is a premier receiving back and most definitely in the top 10 conversation.
I agree. Duke Johnson is definitely one of top 10 pass catchers on the Browns.

Forsaken82

Oct 27, 2017
Josh Gordon: I have drug issues stemming from my mental health troubles that I need help with
Browns: Get out
Kareem Hunt: I beat up my girlfriend
Browns: COME ON IN

It seems to me that you don't actually follow the NFL if this is the only conclusion you could come to.

It's a dumb signing, but your hot take is hardly the reason as to why it's dumb.

OrdinaryPrime

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It seems to me that you don't actually follow the NFL if this is the only conclusion you could come to.

It's a dumb signing, but your hot take is hardly the reason as to why it's dumb.

I'm not sure how you got "you don't follow the NFL" when he references Josh Gordon's actions on the Browns and then Hunt's actions. Say what you want about the opinion or how it was stated, but if your assertion is that he doesn't follow it, it really isn't demonstrated by anything in here.

I would recommend you respond about why it's dumb, if you think that it's not dumb because he beat up a woman.