• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 3812

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have a Quora account for a while and I sometimes go on the site looking at all the questions people ask on there and one recent one I found is this: https://www.quora.com/My-11-year-ol...w-do-I-get-him-to-stop/answer/Kelly-Gunther-2

My 11 year old son is playing this game called "Five Nights at Freddy's", and I don't want him to play it because it's demonic, but he won't believe me. How do I get him to stop?

The two answers I found that is great are these:

Demonic my ass. It's a game and my sons have both played it.
Good God, my son's teacher called me in last year because he wrote it in a story and she was a "Bible basher" in the wording and tone she used before showing me a photo of what he wrote, all affronted and shit.
A teacher with a camera phone at the ready?
Yep.
I laughed. "His writing and spelling is outstanding. So, why am I here again?"
"It looks demonic. I had a look at the game." Shocked look, like this wasn't how she planned scolding a mother today.
"S******, his story is not horror based, his time and age restricted game time is after completion of homework and our business in our home, and his religious education is not on this school's curriculum. You do you, and let me worry about his ungodly soul."
"Yes, but — "
"Your kids play Fortnite S******, so this conversation is a dead end street."
"It could turn him towards the devil."
I stood up, trying not to snort my laughter. "He already lives with her."
I left, laughing all the way home and when I got home…
"Leave the game time off your schoolwork. We don't want Mrs F*** calling me in for another meeting." I ruffled his blonde curls. "And your story telling, handwriting and spelling was outstanding my man. I'm proud of you. Keep up the good work."
Puh-lease! She had nowhere to go. It's a game and he's a straight A kid.
Demonic.
A game.
If you're raising him right, what are you worried about?

And:

If a game can turn me in to the devil, I need to play that game.
Imagine all that power!

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
not really seeing whats to discuss

people r dumb sometimes, yea

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Quora is such a weird, click baity internet thing.

I really think their staff answers and hell probably posts most of the questions,they're just too conveniently lick-baity. And they all seem oddly worded the same way.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
Usually I'll have to explain why something is demonic.

For example it's because the game relies on lazy jump scare tricks and that's how Satan gets around... when people are lazy

Mjolnir

Alt account
Banned
May 2, 2019
I mean, it's Quora. It's a non issue

People thought playing D&D was demonic too. Reactionary surbuban wine moms are gonna be reactionary.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
if you want a real good time, just look at wikihows 3 ways to enjoy cadbury creme eggs

aid5274-v4-728px-Enjoy-a-Cadbury%27s-Creme-Egg-Step-1-Version-2.jpg

aid5274-v4-728px-Enjoy-a-Cadbury%27s-Creme-Egg-Step-3-Version-2.jpg

aid5274-v4-728px-Enjoy-a-Cadbury%27s-Creme-Egg-Step-4-Version-2.jpg

Hanbei

Nov 11, 2017
Some people think some games are demonic, some people believe vaccines cause autism, some people think the Earth is flat. I mean, it's 2019.

fireflame

Oct 27, 2017
People on quora can be clever or be delusional and tell you about how doing X or Y will send you to hell.

Oct 25, 2017
Every time I bother to read one of Quora's email digests it's always 'Hey how can I commit this crime against my neighbor/tenant/coworker'

MrBanballow

Not changing this tag
May 1, 2019
Step One: Buy costume of Freddy.
Step Two: Wait for child to go to sleep.
Step Three: Jump scare child.

If they stop playing FNAF at this point, success, if not proceed to...

Step Four: Repeat Steps One - Three, then shove child into nearest empty animatronic.

If that doesn't stop them, nothing will.

sanstesy

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
Quora is a weird place.

You have one guy ask "Was Kim Kardashian's sextape a PR stunt?" and as an answer you get multiple dissertations stated as 100% fact from people with tags like "Muhammad Rhaman, science educator and parenthetical Kardashians expert". If I didn't know any better I'd think these were just all AI generated answers.

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
Quora is a weird place.

You have one guy ask "Was Kim Kardashian's sextape a PR stunt?" and as an answer you get multiple dissertations stated as 100% fact from people with tags like "Muhammad Rhaman, science educator and parenthetical Kardashians expert". If I didn't know any better I'd think these were just all AI generated answers.

God I'm fucking dying laughing.