• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

EnronERA

Oct 25, 2017
People that equate the President failing to the United States failing are idiots. This same thing was thrown about by democrats when Obama was president as well - if you want Obama to fail, you want America to fail. You can hope for a president to be a failure without America going down the tubes - Cranston is a dumbass.

lmcfigs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If Trump doesn't fail, we all need to go back to the drawing board and reconsider our politics. That's why I think Rush Limbaugh, of all people, was at least honest when he said of course he wants Obama to fail.

Kyra

The Eggplant Queen
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Fuck me for wanting a hateful bigoted manchild who looks down on everyone without a silver spoon up his ass to fail. That would be unamerican because hes the president. It also would mean that im not a massive piece of shit.. Much like you bryan... Much like you.

Lucc

Oct 29, 2017
Wait, trump wants to build a stupid wall, he wants to get rid of healthcare, he doesn't want trans people to be in the military, he wants to shut down most media outlets and you want him to succeed? well, fuck you!

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
I can see what he meant to say, but choosing his fucking words a bit more carefully would've been appreciated. Way too many people hang onto the words of celebrities in this country and throwing out a blanket "fuck you" to all the people suffering because of Trump does absolutely nothing productive.

Catdaddy

Oct 27, 2017
TN
TBH I'm more scared of Pence than Trump, Pence actually knows how the political system works and can get stuff done. Trump is an egoist who is making enemies left and right and not getting much done because of it.

Inki

Oct 30, 2017
Trump Fails, Pence steps in. As a gay man, no thanks. I'd rather deal with ignorance and ineptitude instead of Hate and Believed God Given Purpose.

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
Trump Fails, Pence steps in. As a gay man, no thanks. I'd rather deal with ignorance and ineptitude instead of Hate and Believed God Given Purpose.

There's no way Pence can get out of this unscathed, is there? Even if he somehow avoids going down with the ship and steps in, his presidency would exist in the shadow of the shitshow that preceded it.

OP
OP
Via_Purifico

Via_Purifico

Oct 25, 2017
There's no way Pence can get out of this unscathed, is there? Even if he somehow avoids going down with the ship and steps in, his presidency would exist in the shadow of the shitshow that preceded it.

I can't imagine him coming out of this alright, he's tainted too as far I am concerned.
I think we're jumping the gun on how things will turn out if Trump is gone.

Polyh3dron

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This all comes down to how you define success and failure. I define Trump's success as taking health care away from millions, banning Muslims from entering the US, banning abortion, making evangelical Christianity the official religion of the US, locking Hillary up, cutting taxes for the rich by further cutting $473 billion out of Medicaid and Medicare, engaging in nuclear warfare with North Korea, destroying our environment, normalizing foreign intervention in our democratic election process... so yes, I absolutely want him to fail.

Taborcarn

Oct 27, 2017
Clarification: I do not want the country to fail. I want the President to be removed and someone else to succeed so we can recover from his failures.

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
I don't think anyone wanted him to fail, but the reality is that he has been failing since he assumed office. At this point it's less wishfully hoping for his failure and more "oh please get this guy out before he fucks up even more".

Which is why his approval rating among "independents" (air quoting since most of them are disillusioned Republicans waiting for their party to get smart again) and is showing some cracks among conservatives as well now.

Cranston was one hell of an idiot to make this statement or he always was a Trump supporter who understood his flaws and is trolling us.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
I want the Trump Administration to fail, that is, I would like to see incriminating evidence emerge that leads to the impeachment of Donald Trump. I think a neutered President Pence would be preferable to a delusionally emboldened and cornered President Trump. But do I want Donald Trump to fail like how Jimmy Carter failed? No. Do I want Donald Trump to fail like how George W. Bush failed? No, because those aren't things that benefited anyone than people who live in an economically and socially secure bubble, where your ideological confirmation is more important than -- say -- putting food on the table or getting a job. Cranston lives and works amongst those economically and socially secure people, where getting confirmation of being right or being loved is the most important thing that they worry about on a day to day basis.

Given that Cranston seems like a reasonable person (although honestly I don't know him from Adam), I'm going to assume he's talking about people who find glee when something bad happens to the country under the leadership of the political party that they don't like. You saw this on the right when the country went into a double-dip recession in 2010, 2011, a sort of celebration of how bad things were under Democratic Congress & President. And then, you saw this when the stock market took some predictable tumbles anytime after January 20, 2017, a sort of celebratory glee... And then collective re-imagining once things picked back up days later.

Oct 25, 2017
Unless him going down in flames causes a second Great Depression or him to start a war, I don't see his failure to be that detrimental to the average citizen. A reset button for the Republican Party seems like the best for the country and trump imploding taking the party with him seems like the best path forward to me. But I do think I get where he was going, clumsily as it was.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
If Trump does a whole 180 and becomes an angel, sure I'd want him to succeed.
Beat me to it.

How about if he comes thru all this thats happening right now unscathed, he changes some of his ways. Dont even have to be all his ways. He could stay spouting nonsense on twitter but lets go of the hate rhetoric. Start denouncing more and more vigorously the folks that feel empowered by him.

For example, like what he's trying to do with the ACA. Instead of trying to end it in one fell swoop, gradually phase it out. I dont even care. The one fell swoop is hurting more than helping. Those that voted for him are getting hurt, caught in the crossfire because politics.

Do that, and I wouldnt mind him staying and succeeding.

He has to show some changes. I dont want to to succeed just because. Thats nonsense.

CopperPuppy

Oct 25, 2017
When a successful Trump agenda has already made and will continue to make the country a demonstrably worse place, rooting for the failure of that agenda is the only ethical choice.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
Some seem to thinks its about us vs them, winning n losing.

I sound like a broken record, but its waaaay past that now. Whoever keeps bringing that up now just have blinders on. Sorry. We need more Republicans being vocal against him. Maybe then ppl will get the picture.

And hope the next in line if he leaves early cares somewhat more than Trump did about this county instead of themselves. Dont see it burning down around them and dont do anything. You see former presidents, republican included, speaking out more about the country being divided more than Trump. Republicans period speaking out more about it than Trump.

Cmon ppl.

Deleted member 7430

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Kenai

Oct 26, 2017
I can't imagine him coming out of this alright, he's tainted too as far I am concerned.
I think we're jumping the gun on how things will turn out if Trump is gone.

I am definitely more worried about Pence than Trump because Pence is occasionally capable of being subtle about his machinations and may be able to pass several things under the radar with all 3 branches of government regarding lbgt rights being removed. I am sure he learned after his 2015 scandal to keep things hush hush. Trumps biggest downfall will be that he is literally incapable of keeping his foot out of his mouth for long

TheRagnCajun

Oct 29, 2017
To an extent I can follow his logic. The ideal scenario here would have been if Trump defied all expectations, proving to be a mature, intelligent, dilligent, diplomatic, professional leader for America. The ideal scenario is if he had no conflicts of interests and if all the smoke about Russain connections and money laundering ended up being nothing more than smoke. That would be best for America in the end. I think most of us have realized already that Trump is a lipstick on a pig situation and he was at his best during the campaign. Now no one can control him, guide him, make him behave. We're stuck with the pig and Bryan is saying "I don't him to fail" when in reality he has been failing us for a year now and we all just want to see the pig gone.

Ganzlinger

Oct 27, 2017
He means that one shouldn't wish for the country to burn down Nero style, just to spite Trump, not to support every stupid thing he proposes. I will give Walter White the benefit of the doubt, of not being a Trump supporter
That's what I thought. Cranston is right. You shouldn't want the worst for your country, as it would affect millions of lives.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
Yes, does he lives in a bubble? Trump is pushing for hate, ignorance and selfishness. How can you get behind this? My take is Cranston is a closeted alt-right crazy and a hypocrite. Just say what's on your script, Bryan.
Nah, he's just a rich, priviliged white man who subscribes to the "maintaining status quo is better than rocking it" type of thought and can't fully grasp just how much damage Trump's policies can inflict on many groups of people, the environment, economy etc.

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Trump isn't a normal President, though, and his first 9 months in office have been chaotic, and look to cause untold harm to millions of innocent Americans.

Unfortunately, not all of us have the necessary privilege credentials to withstand four years of Donald Trump. If you belong to one of the many marginalized groups in this country, Trump's election has been a near constant state of anxiety and depression.

We don't want him to fail. We want him gone. That's the difference. Every day he is in office, the more damage he can do to people that aren't well paid professional entertainers. I understand Cranston's sentiment, but that would apply to maybe a normal, run of the mill politician. Trump isn't that.

I don't think me, my family, or my immigrant, Muslim, and LGBT loved ones can weather Trump until 2020.

Azzanadra

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I can see his point though I can see why many people find it a poor choice of words, his point is that you shouldn't actively cheer for Trump to do bad just because it shows a disregard for real people's lives that and instead aping of a partisan "us vs them" mentality. The president is the embodiment of America, you should want Trump to do well because you want America to do well, unlikely as it may be.

CopperPuppy

Oct 25, 2017
He means that one shouldn't wish for the country to burn down Nero style, just to spite Trump, not to support every stupid thing he proposes. I will give Walter White the benefit of the doubt, of not being a Trump supporter
But where did he say that? He's directing his comment at a hypothetical person who says "I hope he fails," by his own words. Why would saying that equate to wanting everything to burn? Trump is doing the burning - wanting him to fail is wanting to stop his destruction. Cranston's comment is absurd.

gutter_trash

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
I can see his point though I can see why many people find it a poor choice of words, his point is that you shouldn't actively cheer for Trump to do bad just because it shows a disregard for real people's lives that and instead aping of a partisan "us vs them" mentality. The president is the embodiment of America, you should want Trump to do well because you want America to do well, unlikely as it may be.
out of the gates after Day One of his Inaugration, yes. Of corse people wanted him to succeed. Even Van Jones fell for one of his speeches.

But, time has passed with many negatives and bad faith coming out of his Oval Office.
1st) His cabinet, he assembled a rogue gallery of villains who do the opposite of good for their respective portfolios, Betsy DeVos being the most obvious, followed by Scott Pruitt at the EPA to name a few.

2nd) he doesn't care about policy, but only cares about "wins".

3rd) he wants to destroy ACA (Obamacare), just because Obama did it.

4th) his response post Charlottesville, VA. Both sides lol

5th) his handling of Puerto Rico.

goes oon and on. There is no good in him, he is rotten.

Bush has a bit of good in him, his AIDS initiative in Africa. But Trump has zero.

Trump is unredeemable

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
People want him and the Republicans to fail at their anti-women, anti-minorities, anti-LGBTQ, anti-science, and anti-poor initiatives. Having them succeed in any of the former is a big blow. So calm the fuck down Cranston.

PawPrints

Oct 30, 2017
If by failing means Obamacare doesn't get dismantled and immigrants don't get deported, then fuck yeah i want him to fail.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
But where did he say that? He's directing his comment at a hypothetical person who says "I hope he fails," by his own words. Why would saying that equate to wanting everything to burn? Trump is doing the burning - wanting him to fail is wanting to stop his destruction. Cranston's comment is absurd.

We've had presidents be impeached before and it didn't destroy America.

out of the gates after Day One of his Inaugration, yes. Of corse people wanted him to succeed. Even Van Jones fell for one of his speeches.

But, time has passed with many negatives and bad faith coming out of his Oval Office.
1st) His cabinet, he assembled a rogue gallery of villains who do the opposite of good for their respective portfolios, Betsy DeVos being the most obvious, followed by Scott Pruitt at the EPA to name a few.

2nd) he doesn't care about policy, but only cares about "wins".

3rd) he wants to destroy ACA (Obamacare), just because Obama did it. (my edit: no matter who it effects, because its affecting many of those that voted for him.)

4th) his response post Charlottesville, VA. Both sides lol

5th) his handling of Puerto Rico.

goes oon and on. There is no good in him, he is rotten.

Bush has a bit of good in him, his AIDS initiative in Africa. But Trump has zero.

Trump is unredeemable

I have a feeling some ppl really havent been paying attention all these months. Or are the real ones being obtuse. I even say go ahead and get rid of ObamaCare, just do it in a way that doesnt cause ppl to scramble to recover. And blame the scrambling on ObamaCare. When the scrambling is because of the way you are trying to get rid of it.

DarkwaterV2

Oct 26, 2017
...he literally said "fuck you" to anybody who has already been affected by Trump's policies.

Actually, he said 'fuck you' to 'people who want Trump to fail as a president, which would put America in jeopardy'. That's what he literally said. And I'm unclear as to what he means by 'failure' and 'jeopardy'. Can you tell us? Because I find it hard to agree or disagree with the man without really being sure about what he means.

Wish Cranston and the article were more clear.

Oct 25, 2017
Norman, OK
Hmmm. Cranston always struck me as being smarter than this. He's painting with a pretty broad brush, here. Like, I don't care if Trump fails at life, or fails in business, etc. But yes- I want pretty much every policy he supports to fail. Simply put- I think they're all bad for the country, and we're better off (and in less "jeopardy") if those things don't happen. Why should that result in Heisenberg telling me off?

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I get where he is coming from. Plenty of us had the same reaction when McConnell said this about Obama in 2008. I think there is a difference though in saying you hope he fails as a President and saying you hope to achieve his current goals (driving the country deeper into white nationalism). I would love to see Trump be a great President and succeed in improving the country, but there is no indication that it will happen. I hope he fails in implementing a conservative agenda