• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

liquidtmd

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
When does this come out?
The movie sounds a mess, Brain May was throwing shade at Sacha on sky news yesterday.

Sacha...Baron Cohen?

His take sounded far more interesting but ultimately he has nothing to do with the film now.

Why is May still doing the circuit slagging him off now pre-release?

Laserdisk

Banned
May 11, 2018
UK
Sacha...Baron Cohen?

His take sounded far more interesting but ultimately he has nothing to do with the film now.

Why is May still doing the circuit slagging him off now pre-release?
He was asked about his involvement and went on a rant about how he didn't like him.
Mind you he barely liked the real Freddie.

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
What? And all those actors from X-Men didn't rat him out? That's a bad look

I was actually thinking the same thing lol. Olivia Munn came forward about Shane Black's pedophile friend so I'm legitimately surprised she didn't drop some damning info about Singer, but then again that dude was actually a proven pedo and charged with something (not saying Singer is innocent).

Seems like there's been a lot of awful shit floating around for a long time in regards to his behavior so I wonder what Esquire has that's got Singer doing early damage control this seriously?

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I was actually thinking the same thing lol. Olivia Munn came forward about Shane Black's pedophile friend so I'm legitimately surprised she didn't drop some damning info about Singer, but then again that dude was actually a proven pedo and charged with something (not saying Singer is innocent).

Seems like there's been a lot of awful shit floating around for a long time in regards to his behavior so I wonder what Esquire has that's got Singer doing early damage control this seriously?

Even if someone is working on set, they may not know what's happening behind the background and outside of set. So I'm not surprised. And again not everyone is able to feel safe enough to speak out. If people had, then these problems won't be so rampant.

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Finally he's getting his due!

Couldn't understand how he was still employed with all the smoke that started to show around the time Spacey went down.

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
Even if someone is working on set, they may not know what's happening behind the background and outside of set. So I'm not surprised. And again not everyone is able to feel safe enough to speak out. If people had, then these problems won't be so rampant.

Very true.

I've heard stories of god awful stuff Singer pulled in his younger days but I'm willing to bet he's gotten a lot smarter about covering his shit up. Fortunately for his victims, not good enough it now seems.

Zulith

Oct 25, 2017
West Coast, USA
Looking forward to reading the piece. I've long been wondering just what it'd take to do his guy in. We've been hearing about his scandals for decades. The oldest one I recall has to do with the filming of the Apt Pupil shower scene:

A 14-year-old extra named Devin St. Albin had filed a lawsuit claiming that the filmmakers had ordered him and other minors to strip for a scene that was shot in the showers of a school locker room.

source: https://ew.com/article/1997/05/02/indecent-proposal-set-apt-pupil/

It sucks to see people who's work you admire turn out to be such shitbags. As a gay person I've loved his take on the X-Men (particularly the first two, and DoFP) and how he stressed the gay civil rights parallels there. There's lots of appreciate in many of his other films too. Thankfully most of that work can stand on its own when he's long gone.

I don't know what it is about Singer that has protected him long after people like Harvey and Spacey have been toppled. If there are more victims out there, I hope they have the courage to step forward.

Illithid Dude

Oct 26, 2017
There's actually a few really good ones apparently:
Luca Guadagnino
Andrew Haigh
Todd Haynes

Gus Van Sant
Greg Araki
Pedro Almodovar
John Waters
Rob Marshall
Bill Condon
Stephan Daldry
Lisa Cholodenko
Dee Rees
James Ivory

That's just off the top of my head, and not counting OGs like George Cukor. There are tons.

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
Well, if Singer goes down, there is a good chance he will bring many with him, judging by the connection he has and things he must know (perhaps the reason nothing happened to him yet).

We're in for some big surprises.

hidys

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Well, if Singer goes down, there is a good chance he will bring many with him, judging by the connection he has and things he must know (perhaps the reason nothing happened to him yet).

We're in for some big surprises.
I'm not sure how he brings down other people with him.

Oct 27, 2017
Finally he's getting his due!

Couldn't understand how he was still employed with all the smoke that started to show around the time Spacey went down.

There's been smoke around Singer for at least a decade.

Wonder if Esquire will go into the amount of suicides and early deaths of young men who worked for Singer?

massoluk

Oct 25, 2017
Thailand
Yeahhhhh.. I remember there was a guy at the old place that witnessed Bryan Singer in action being creepy. Strange his career haven't ended yet from the previous news/rumors

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
I suppose many things happened with many people at those "parties" ?

yeah, reportedly a lot of Hollywood power gays attended his parties, meaning there are at the very least a lot of potential witnesses who, even if they can't be proven to have directly done anything non-consensual, wouldn't have much in the way of plausible deniability if they claim not to have known.

We'll have to see how the Esquire article plays out, of course, but it's a different story in that regard from someone like Harvey Weinstein or Kevin Spacey. And those two still took years to expose, despite how long their behavior was an open secret in Hollywood.

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
What situation leads to having underage boys (or girls) at these parties?

What I'm imagining is some party at some rich Hollywood persons luxurious house with a couple hundred people, probably at night - with lots of recreational drug use, drinking etc. Am I on the right track or it's something completely different? I just don't get how this guy, Spacey etc are meeting boys this way, even aspiring actors looking to network, at ages 14-16 unaccompanied by a parent or guardian at parties like this? It seems like there's a pimping aspect to it not being fully discussed in the coverage of these men.

Nov 18, 2017

What I'm imagining is some party at some rich Hollywood persons luxurious house with a couple hundred people, probably at night - with lots of recreational drug use, drinking etc. Am I on the right track or it's something completely different? I just don't get how this guy, Spacey etc are meeting boys this way, even aspiring actors looking to network, at ages 14-16 unaccompanied by a parent or guardian at parties like this? It seems like there's a pimping aspect to it not being fully discussed in the coverage of these men.

You often see the child stars turn against their parents after these things happen to them i.e. Amanda Bynes.

I think you've hit the nail on the head with calling it pimping

Scottius

Oct 31, 2017
I was listening to a podcast recently about the subject of pedos in power in Hollywood. They posited that some (obviously horribly shitty) parents are more than willing to pimp their defenseless children for the money that can be made in showbiz. They also mentioned rumors that they'd heard about child actors being easier targets if the parents were less involved usually because they were going through a divorce or a single parent etc.

Simply disgusting. Flush all these creeps out till they have nowhere else to hide I say.

Downhome

Oct 27, 2017
Good, go after this guy.

After him, take down the folks at Nick.

I'm pretty cautious about believing some of the stuff we hear, and prefer to really have a wait and see on these things. With these two cases though, I think we have waited to see for far too long. Prove it all and take them down, or prove none of it is true and we can move on.

I don't think much of it can be proven false though.

Deleted member 3542

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've been working in entertainment for a while now, and I remember since day fucking one of my internship about 12 years ago or so I was hearing shit about Singer. Specifically around the Superman Returns shoot.

How he keeps getting work, again with a big payday with Red Sonja under the umbrella of an equally shitty person in Avi Lerner, isn't surprising because shitty people are going to hire shitty people to make their shitty fucking movie that nobody asked for.

I hope this article takes him down. He seems to be a holdout that hasn't faded out yet.

Zero315

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know what it is about Singer that has protected him long after people like Harvey and Spacey have been toppled. If there are more victims out there, I hope they have the courage to step forward.
Look around, there are lots of pictures floating around from his "parties" and a lot of well known people attended them (Including actors such as Kevin Spacey and Ian McKellen). Just look at how long it took for Spacey to be brought down and his stuff was mostly him acting alone.

Ziltoidia 9

Oct 25, 2017
Look around, there are lots of pictures floating around from his "parties" and a lot of well known people attended them (Including actors such as Kevin Spacey and Ian McKellen). Just look at how long it took for Spacey to be brought down and his stuff was mostly him acting alone.

Please god, not Ian McKellen....

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
I'm only surprised that it's taking so long for Singer because there's a documentary that has been out for years that specifically mentions Singer as an abuser. I have no clue how in the #metoo era that docu somehow went under the radar.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
I've been working in entertainment for a while now, and I remember since day fucking one of my internship about 12 years ago or so I was hearing shit about Singer. Specifically around the Superman Returns shoot.

How he keeps getting work, again with a big payday with Red Sonja under the umbrella of an equally shitty person in Avi Lerner, isn't surprising because shitty people are going to hire shitty people to make their shitty fucking movie that nobody asked for.

I hope this article takes him down. He seems to be a holdout that hasn't faded out yet.

I think its because he can roll on a lot of people. Having those weird sex parties at his house wasn't done all by himself. Nor was everyone turning a blind eye to the dude, being surrounded by teens reviewing shots privately. He was a creep around Digital Domain, so im sure if he wasn't afraid to act weird publicly, yeah, dudes got some dirt on people. When its finally out in the open, I'm betting it will shake hollywood a bit more than Harvey.

Muitnorts

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I can hardly imagine how panicked and nervous he is waiting for this thing to drop. The kind of extreme anxiety of knowing you're about to be found out.
I hope it's deeply unpleasant for him, and I hope Esquire has nailed the sourcing and stories. If Singer's the kind of guy he seems to be he doesn't deserve to slink off and avoid repercussions.

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
I think its because he can roll on a lot of people. Having those weird sex parties at his house wasn't done all by himself. Nor was everyone turning a blind eye to the dude, being surrounded by teens reviewing shots privately. He was a creep around Digital Domain, so im sure if he wasn't afraid to act weird publicly, yeah, dudes got some dirt on people. When its finally out in the open, I'm betting it will shake hollywood a bit more than Harvey.

even if you weren't personally drugging and raping underage or barely legal boys, if you were a fixture at his parties for years, it's hard to plausibly claim that you didn't know anything about what was happening 50 feet away

badcrumble

Oct 25, 2017

It's absolutely the case that many showbiz parents are *monsters* who will happily throw their kids to be exploited and abused if they think it'll net them some money.