• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
The only illegal sexual activity Skopek detailed involved an unnamed computer technician raping him. Skopek doesn't provide any smoking gun for Singer. There's nothing illegal about being a sleazy, decadent and empty person. Singer can host all the ten person, drug-fueled, twink orgies he wants. Provided everyone is at least 18 and consenting, there's nothing wrong with it.

I don't want to oversell any one story as the smoking gun that'll finally, definitely bring down Singer (especially as I have a feeling there'll be a drip-drip-drip pattern of stories on Singer), but I think you might actually be underselling it. Yes, you're right that there's nothing illegal described here, but there is definitely a pattern established here of predatory behavior with much younger men, many of them barely legal.

FoneBone

Oct 27, 2017
The only illegal sexual activity Skopek detailed involved an unnamed computer technician raping him. Skopek doesn't provide any smoking gun for Singer. There's nothing illegal about being a sleazy, decadent and empty person. Singer can host all the ten person, drug-fueled, twink orgies he wants. Provided everyone is at least 18 and consenting, there's nothing wrong with it.
He's describing a clear pattern of predatory sexual behavior (one consistent with that described by other accusers) and has evidence to back it up. Arguing that there's "nothing wrong" with any of that is bizarre, to put it mildly.

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
He's describing a clear pattern of predatory sexual behavior (one consistent with that described by other accusers) and has evidence to back it up. Arguing that there's "nothing wrong" with any of that is bizarre, to put it mildly.

Exactly. Singer doesn't need to have raped these kids, statutorily or otherwise, for his conduct to be completely gross and an abuse of power.

Beef Stallmer

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If a person wants to rape a franchise like X-men, okay, X-men is fictional. But I draw the line at raping actual beings, like humans. And Bryan Singer just crossed that line.
I hope he gets fired from all of Hollywood and never gets work again. Also: I won't be watching the usual suspects anytime soon. He should be in prison.

NO!R

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I wonder what David Hayter has to say about him, having worked with him on X-men.

He had a lot to say and share in the wake of the Weinstein expose.