• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Time to not watch this movie, not that I was going to anyway; Bryan Singer has been a known shitbag for some time now.

berzeli

Oct 25, 2017
I had this written up in the other Singer thread so:
This is the dude (Lerner) who is producing it:
The suit also alleges that Lerner hired "unqualified girlfriends" to produce his films, and encouraged young women to wear revealing clothing — without underwear — around the office. When the plaintiff complained about the company's hiring practices, she was told that "the girls" were valuable to the company because they helped procure prostitutes for actors working with the company and for Lerner's friends, according to the suit.
Via Variety (there is more nastiness in the article)

So not a big surprise that he's gonna be defiant on it. (incidentally dude is also one of the more notable Hollywood conservatives, so the sniping about "fake news" isn't surprising either)

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
I don't get it, seriously. HE AINT EVEN THAT GOOD. Why the hell would they keep protecting him?

there we go.

Thats the right path to take. Not the whole "OMG HES A SCUMBAG." He is, for sure. For sure. Whose going to his sex parties @ his house though?

He's connected and probably has dirt on other Hollywood higher ups. It could arguably be more damning than Weinstein.

Yep. Hes dogshit as a talent. And yet... we're here. I mean not dogshit but, nothing spectacular.

Ziltoidia 9

Oct 25, 2017
there we go.

Thats the right path to take. Not the whole "OMG HES A SCUMBAG." He is, for sure. For sure. Whose going to his sex parties @ his house though?

Yep. Hes dogshit as a talent. And yet... we're here. I mean not dogshit but, nothing spectacular.

I've long hated him, just at this point that is where I am. I did the scumbag thing the past 10 threads on it.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Good god. I almost posted the "Increasingly Nervous Man" picture in the accusations thread but thought it would both be in bad taste and that this surely HAD to be it for him.

Clearly I radically underestimated whatever dirt Singet's got on people.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I bet he has dirt on a lot of execs.

And on a sidenote, Red Sonja? Are they gonna change her backstory? Cause its...problematic nowadays...

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
And yet James Gunn was unceremoniously booted after bad tweets he had already apologized for got dug up.

This stuff is LEGITIMATELY harmful and Singer's still around.

BocoDragon

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Uh yeah weren't there already credible accusations against him during the making of Days of Future Past, 5 years ago? And then he gets X-Men Apocalypse. And then he gets Bohemian Rhapsody. And then he gets Red Sonja.

Not like you haven't had time to adjust here people. 5+ years!

Nov 5, 2017
He's such a middling director that it makes me believe the theory he has dirt on people who have attended his parties. Probably tons of powerful Hollywood people know he can bring them down.

My thoughts as well. Singer's a thoroughly mediocre filmmaker in the first place that the first whiff of these disgusting allegations should've been enough to get his number dropped from every major producer's Rolodex, but we got Jack the Giant Slayer instead.

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
How is he so untouchable? It's been well-known for a decade or more what a creep he is, and he has more vocal victims than many perpetrators outed by #MeToo.

It isn't as if he's a great talent or even very professional — look at his mishandling of Bohemian Rhapsody.

Ziltoidia 9

Oct 25, 2017
He's such a middling director that it makes me believe the theory he has dirt on people who have attended his parties. Probably tons of powerful Hollywood people know he can bring them down.

Just so interesting how he continuously gets a pass. An Open Secret went out in 2014. Seems like every few months things involving him get discussed.

And it is disgusting that he is just brushing it off as people being homophobic.

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
Yeah, Bad Hat Harry isn't even a very good production house.

They basically produce his movies, various X-men crap and House which has been off air for a long god damned time.

His last movie he walked off the set of... so??? Nothing adds up from his artistic production or to him as a rain maker for the reasons as to why this guy is protected.

The only explanation is he must have too much information on the rest of Hollywood.

NealMcCauley

Oct 27, 2017
Update: Millenium's Red Sonja project on the back burner again.

Millennium Films' Red Sonja film with Bryan Singer is being put on the back burner. After the movie was on the slate last year at the American Film Market, the prolific U.S. mini-studio has told us, "the project is not on the slate at the moment and is not for sale at the EFM in Berlin."

Embattled Bohemian Rhapsody director Singer has not been formally removed from Red Sonja, but Millennium's statement seems to at least acknowledge the filmmaker may not be the right fit for the movie at this juncture.

The big-budget action-fantasy film, which has been on the The Expendables outfit's slate for more than a decade, was expected to shoot this year in Bulgaria, but that won't be happening. Cast has not been set.

Deleted member 3542

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wouldn't surprise me if financiers or co-producers of the movie are backing out, or they realize that no distributor would pick it up that would make up for the budget.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Ugh, and here I thought it might actually happen. Then again, I don't think I want a Red Sonja directed by Singer anyway

CortexVortex

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Shame because I would like to see a new red Sonja movie.
I hope they just get rid of Singer and move on with a different director.

Mr. Poolman

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Ugh...
First the X-Men, then Superman, now Red Sonja.

This cretin keeps screwing my favorite characters.

Also, who would want to work with him now? its almost career suicide.