• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
..and the music video is pretty good too!

What do you think of it?

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
It aint gonna get bumped in my car but it's pretty fuckin' catchy.

Jindrax

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm ashamed to say, me and my flatmate stayed up 'till 1 am this weekend watching every single BTS video after discovering them....

Crocodilelogic

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
BTS is one of the most popular bands right now. Their popularity is being compared to that of The Beatles and One Direction. Don't be upset because you don't keep up.

Lol the term band insinuates they play instruments this is a pop group. At least the wiki says they co-write some of the music I guess.

Let's not compare a pop act to the Beatles who were an actual band of musicians. Groups like one direction, NSYNC are a much better comparison.

Chris1215

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Indianapolis
I'm not sure I understand the appeal of this group. I thought their performances were abysmal on SNL and half of them were lip synching. I try to have an open mind to new music but can't get behind this. Comparing them to The Beatles is just laughable. The Beatles had talent

Jonnax

Oct 26, 2017
The mini album is excellent:

https://open.spotify.com/album/1AvXa8xFEXtR3hb4bgihIK?si=ga_x0hr1QleJYqL2gh6WNA

Mikrokosmos and Make it Right are really nice.

Was tempted to make a thread but I had a sense that Etcetera is dominated by dad rock loving 35+ year olds.

Case in point:

The fuck is this?
From the thread title, I thought you were talking about Built to Spill.

riqhz1K.jpg

BaMKJS9.jpg

0o3LXMz.jpg

E8MUfLx.jpg

OcT8qC2.jpg

MbvN354.jpg

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The SNL audience melted themselves watching BTS this week (or more likely, the SNL audience was conquered by BTS fans this week). The love for this group is some serious business.

Whompa

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Kpop Explained on Netflix is a good introduction for some of the people having a hard time understanding that good music can exist outside of the United States and Europe.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Kinda wish it wasn't a featuring cause the girl doesn't bring anything tbh.

That being said, BTS is dope, and RM is my husbando. I'm still a casual K-Pop listener (only got like 5 or 6 groups in my library) but I make sure to check BTS and TWICE's releases every time they drop.
DbuFA3V.gif

Guzim

Oct 25, 2017
Lol the term band insinuates they play instruments this is a pop group. At least the wiki says they co-write some of the music I guess.

Let's not compare a pop act to the Beatles who were an actual band of musicians. Groups like one direction, NSYNC are a much better comparison.
feyder compared their popularity with that of The Beatles, never compared their music.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
How many albums sold? What does BTS stand for? What are the names of the musicians who make their song?
It's the most popular pop group in the world right now

Boy band

Checkmate breh

Lusamine

Oct 25, 2017
I listened to the Persona album after watching the mv and found the album version to be better since they didn't try to create the illusion of a buildup of Halsey joining in at the end.

Catdaddy

Oct 27, 2017
TN
I like it, but like Blackpink's new EP better and they killed at Coachella.... was quite the K-Pop in the US weekend...

Surakian

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
If you like their single, check out their new mini album "Map of the Soul: Persona" because it is all really good.

(I'm not ARMY but I do like BTS and V is my boy)

DJChuy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah the song is great. I love it. Hell, their new album is also pretty good. Dionysus goes pretty hard.

But yeah, BTS is pretty popular. It's the band atm. They sold out the Wembley stadium within 90 minutes.

Maika_Fan

Oct 28, 2017
My daughter loves them, they dont really do anything for me though.

But they are seriously huge that's for sure.

Oct 27, 2017
giphy.gif

I've liked the few tracks of theirs I've heard though.
You just played yourself mate. I dare says they are even more popular than The Beatles worldwide. Check out their followers on Social media. Their ARMY of fans are the biggest in the world right now and are crazily dedicated. Case in point, their latest MV Boys In Luv has the most viewed of any videos that ever post on YouTube within 24 hours, beating out the like of Ariana Grande and Taylor Swift. It is also the fastest of any video to get to 100 millions views (less than 2 days). I'm not an ARMY but I can see why people love their music because it transcends languages, race, religion, gender plus they are all pretty boys that can dance very well.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
You just played yourself mate. I dare says they are even more popular than The Beatles worldwide. Check out their followers on Social media. Their ARMY of fans are the biggest in the world right now and are crazily dedicated. Case in point, their latest MV Boys In Luv has the most viewed of any videos that ever post on YouTube within 24 hours, beating out the like of Ariana Grande and Taylor Swift. It is also the fastest of any video to get to 100 millions views (less than 2 days). I'm not an ARMY but I can see why people love their music because it transcends languages, race, religion, gender plus they are all pretty boys that can dance very well.
Is this copypasta?

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
Their whole mini album is pretty good. I haven't listened to their past songs but I might check it out now. Seems they have good messages in their songs as well which is pretty awesome for kpop

WaffleTaco

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Nah this album is average and this single is meh. Like it's very standard pop music. Their best song is the Mic Drop Remix.

Blackpink (another Kpop) release an EP last week and has a much better sound.

Jonnax

Oct 26, 2017
Nah this album is average and this single is meh. Like it's very standard pop music. Their best song is the Mic Drop Remix.

Personally I found that single really lame. Rapa pum pum...

I've got tickets to see them in a few months which kinda put a damper on my excitement.

Mirage

Oct 25, 2017
The only time I've even heard of built to spill is when BTS is brought up on era. I like this song.

Ernest

Oct 25, 2017
So.Cal.
T
Was tempted to make a thread but I had a sense that Etcetera is dominated by dad rock loving 35+ year olds.

Case in point:
Nah, I think the reverse is true.
At least the dad-rock band I was mistaking them for write deep/meaningful songs about things that speak to the human condition without cliches. Not saying there isn't space for meaningless pop music, but a diet solely of that is not unlike an actual diet of only candy and bubblegum.

As far as equating their popularity to relevance, let's see if their popularity can sustain for more than a couple years before we declare them as the next biggest thing.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Yeah, it's a really nice and catchy song. I like it. Their songs are great pop music and there's nothing wrong with that.

OP, if you're interested in other songs from BTS, my personal favorite is Idol:

OP
OP

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017

You are entitled to your opinion but Kill This Love did absolutely nothing for me.