• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017

GszD.gif

straight fire holy shit

Eros

Oct 27, 2017
That wasn't bad. I could have done without the rap parts.

I love rap.

But that's a no for me, dog.

Oct 27, 2017
The fuck is this?
From the thread title, I thought you were talking about Built to Spill.

Who?

Nah, I think the reverse is true.
At least the dad-rock band I was mistaking them for write deep/meaningful songs about things that speak to the human condition without cliches. Not saying there isn't space for meaningless pop music, but a diet solely of that is not unlike an actual diet of only candy and bubblegum.

As far as equating their popularity to relevance, let's see if their popularity can sustain for more than a couple years before we declare them as the next biggest thing.

Have you read some of their lyrics? You do realise they are well versed in music and have meaningful lyrics.

Nah this album is average and this single is meh. Like it's very standard pop music. Their best song is the Mic Drop Remix.

Blackpink (another Kpop) release an EP last week and has a much better sound.

Also I Don't Know What to Do is the better song. As a BLINK, I was highly disappointed in Kill This Love.

I feel like Whistle was their peak and every single release after seems to have slowly go down in musicality and quality which is so saddening. They really need to get a different producer.

OP
OP

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
Some more great songs for people new to K-pop:

Last edited:

Cub3h

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Shoutouts to the user posting the latest Pentagon track, it's so good.

It might just be me, but the amount of quality Kpop being pumped out is crazy right now. This BTS track is their best in a while, their sibling group TXT's first track was amazing and then there's a ton of female groups like Twice, Loona, Red Velvet and Itzy putting out great tracks. There's no way you can "stan" just a single group, you'd miss out on so much.

OP
OP

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
Fuck yeah, DAY6! I saw them live a while back during their first US tour, they were incredible.

They're also just insanely talented:

As for the new BTS song. It's okay, better than Idol but that's a particularly low bar.

Wow, that cover of Put Your Records On was awesome!

sca

Oct 25, 2017
I agree with you to an extent, but I like the over-produced sound compared to the song in the OP. If you aren't liking this song, then you probably don't like the band then. I'm not hugely into Kpop, but I like to check out the popular acts once in a while.
I much prefer Blackpink's - Don't Know What To Do

giphy.gif

y'all got me bobbing left and right fr

bad boy especially is a bop

Bad Boy definitely is a fav

Oct 27, 2017
You wouldn't like them - they've been around longer than 10 years, write their own songs, play their own instruments and produce their own albums that can be reproduced live without backing tracks.
They have a line in a song that applies here...
"The grass is greener because it's fake"

I don't doubt your band also sings while performing intensive dances on stage right?

NateDog

Jan 8, 2018
Haven't listened to much of these guys but can't say I haven't enjoyed the bits I have heard at least a bit. Not into pop that much but I like this.

valeo

Oct 27, 2017
I don't like BTS; I just find their music kind of boring (same with BlackPink actually; though I notice they don't get anywhere as much hate. I wonder why ;)) , but to the dad rock fellas in here who are giving them shit - just stop.

Anyone who is actually involved in music knows that talent doesn't just = "can play guitar/drums/bass". Talent also = being good enough to write catchy melodies which people connect with. It is also putting dance choreo together that doesn't look fucking lame. It's also executing on that. It's also writing lyrics which aren't corny as hell. There's so much which goes into making "good" music and being in a boy band would just have different challenges to being in a traditional garage band.

How you reckon Pearl Jam would go with having to dance for 2 hours every show while performing? Shit.

I think if you put the guys from BTS in a room and said "write a song", they'd do pretty well though.