• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

E_i

Oct 27, 2017
The title makes it sound like a mobile game. I'll keep my eye on it.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Man i loved these games as a kid. Keeping an eye on that game, been ages since i last played a BubbleBobble game. ^^

Wintermute

Oct 27, 2017
time to be reminded of the bubble bobble theme music

also someone re-release rainbow islands already.

AfropunkNyc

Nov 15, 2017
Welp time for me to relive my childhood once more on the Nintendo switch. I seriously love the retro stuff getting thrown at the switch.

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
"Bubble Bobble is an extremely popular title in Europe."

Err... is it? Still, always nice to see these kind of retro titles make a comeback. I remember playing the DS entry as a kid.

Mantrox

Oct 27, 2017
Wow, very unexpected.
Even though i play a lot of Arcade games i never played Bobble Bobble.
I heard good things about it; people say it's fun and addictive.

Santar

Oct 27, 2017
Norway
Woohoo! I love Bubble Bobble. The C64 version was amazing, played it soo much! :)
I agree with the others that mentioned it, they MUST have the original theme in there!

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
I am very much open to a new Bubble Bobble, with the slight proviso that I hope Bub and Bob look right. There's been some aberrations over the years...

xpE7Y0f.png

I agree with the others that mentioned it, they MUST have the original theme in there!

Doot doot doot, dootdoot doot doot, dootdoot doot doot doo-doooooo

ramoisdead

Oct 25, 2017
Glad Bubble Bobble is coming back but ehhh those graphics and the character modes. I would have preferred a sequel with a retro look.

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
I am there day 1. God I love Bubble Bobble!

Err... is it? Still, always nice to see these kind of retro titles make a comeback. I remember playing the DS entry as a kid.

It was very popular in Sweden, the NES had a lifespan from first to last game of 9 years and BB was in the top 30 most sold games for the system in this timespan. Old copies of this game still cost about 40-50$ for a loose copy :P

Also remember this game being the most wanted of all the pirated commodore 64 games in my youth hehe

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
My mind read it as Puzzle Bobble which I got a bit excited by, but this looks neat too.

I am very much open to a new Bubble Bobble, with the slight proviso that I hope Bub and Bob look right. There's been some aberrations over the years...

xpE7Y0f.png
They don't look quite that bad on the artwork, but not great either.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I prefer Puzzle Bobble, but I'll probably still get it.

Deleted member 2620

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Trailer looks alright. Hard to tell if this has an arcade game structure, but it'd be neat if so and it still might be okay if not. Kinda reminds me of Minna de Spelunker visually.

I assume this doesn't include any of the original games, right? Due to the original being available on Switch via the Hamster release.

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
I might get this, I played a lot of Bubble Bobble co-op on the Wii Virtual Console. Never did beat that cheap final boss though.

Kelanflyter

Banned
Nov 9, 2017
France
I'm in day one

Bubble Bobble is still one of my favouite game of all time.

I just hope it's better than the poor DS/PSP games

BIG J

Oct 27, 2017
time to get a switch.

the original was intense especially that one level with all the helicopters in the bucket. lost most of my lives that level

eddiemunstr

Jan 20, 2019
Hopefully there are no stage 57s, as a kid I was too dumb to try to make a pilar of bubbles down the middle so I would just try to rush up one of the sides before getting killed.

Goddo Hando

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago

xpE7Y0f.png

Doot doot doot, dootdoot doot doot, dootdoot doot doot doo-doooooo

yeah i pump the breaks a little due to the DS rehashes

RainbowIslandsRevolution_DS_cover.jpg

i remember this being a huge disappointment too

rawhide

Oct 28, 2017

Back in its day, definitely--the European computer versions were atypically well-made and that style of game was particularly well-suited to those machines, so that whole subgenre was pretty big at the time.

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Back in its day, definitely--the European computer versions were atypically well-made and that style of game was particularly well-suited to those machines, so that whole subgenre was pretty big at the time.

Oh, I'm sure it was popular back when it first launched, but that statement suggests it still is extremely popular in Europe today; given that there hasn't been a title in the series for a good few years now, I'm not sure that statement holds up in 2019.

rawhide

Oct 28, 2017
Oh, I'm sure it was popular back when it first launched, but that statement suggests it still is extremely popular in Europe today; given that there hasn't been a title in the series for a good few years now, I'm not sure that statement holds up in 2019.

I mean, it's on the NES Mini, it's on Arcade Archives, etc so there's probably recent data telling them who still cares and where they are.

The probable actual reason they're doing this is because Strictly Limited Games is based in Europe.

MrFortyFive

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Bubble Bobble 2 was my jam on the NES. Wasn't til many years later that I realized this was a game most people hadn't played because it was so rare. I'll keep an eye on this one.

Kyari

Oct 25, 2017
Dang it, I got very excited for a moment because I thought this was Puzzle Bobble :(

Liethe

Nov 19, 2017
I'm... cautiously interested? the style looks very nontraditional which alarms me. also does it have stages like the original or is it more like some kind of party game?

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
As long as I can jump up against a wall and blow bubbles underneath me like in the NES version (but not the arcade one and Wii one), I'll be happy.

I'll probably get it day one, anyway, though nobody would play it with me except my mother lol.

Santar

Oct 27, 2017
Norway
product-89110.jpg

The C64 version was actually one of the very first games I owned. Got it in this compilation for Christmas in the 80's :)
Game compilations were awesome. I mean, just looks at those awesome cover arts right there!
I can still hear the loading screen tunes in my head :D

Oct 25, 2017
London, UK
about 6 months ago i was musing on Bubble bobble and how i missed it and you could probably make quite a fun 4 player 3d arena thing wiht the charters and mechanics

now, we domnt have THAT but a new ish BB game and parosol stars coming to the west for the first timeon the PC Engine mini

i wasn;t the only one feeling an absence of Bub and Bob