• The ResetEra Games of the Year Awards 2018 results are now live! Congratulations to all the winners!
  • Sidebar and Width settings will now no longer reset after 4 hours of inactivity! We have implemented a new system that will remember these preferences on each browser, for both members and guests. This allows you to choose different settings on different devices if you so desire.

Bubsy: Paws on Fire for PC/PS4/Switch in 2019 from Choice Provisions (Bit.Trip Runner)

Oct 27, 2017
Doesn't look half bad, IMHO. It's hard to prejudge 2D sidescrollers, though, because a huge part of what makes or breaks them is how they FEEL to play.

Oct 27, 2017
Uhhhh, is it a runner? It basically looked like Runner 3 in all respects. Which.......I mean I'm down for more Runner games, but this is so bizarre

Oct 25, 2017
Bubsy is back mother fuckers

Looking forward to the GOATs Melee-clone that will feature Bubsy, the Cheetahmen, Knack...

Oct 25, 2017
Weird that they got two different devs to reskin their engine for a Bubsy game.

Imagine the first game made money due to being really low budget/short and really expensive.

Oct 25, 2017
Bubsy started life as a bad Sonic clone, and now his shtick is getting developers to make bad clones of their own games starring him. Amazing.

May 24, 2018
So what's the next big indie game to receive a reskin with everyone's favorite bobcat? I'm hoping for Coffee Stain's Bobcat Simulator or maybe Hempuli Oy's Bubsy Is You. (Just kidding. We all know it's going to be Bad Cats.)

Oct 27, 2017
So their answer is to make yet another runner skinned with one of the worst mascot characters of all time?
I mean, they're being paid to do it and it's using a bunch of existing Runner 3 work, so why not? It's better than working on edutainment or laying off employees.

Oct 25, 2017
Makes sense since Runner 3 was terrible.

Ok, Runner 3 wasn’t terrible. But the game was a big disappointment as a step backwards from 1 and 2. I wonder if they’ll fix the problems with R3 with the Bubsy version.

Oct 25, 2017
Bubsy 3D was made by Bend (true story), Woolies Strike Back was made by the Giana Sisters team, now this is being made by the Bit. Trip guys?

What the hell is up with Bubsy attracting legit talent to make these terrible games?!