• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
Runner 3 was pretty bad, and the last two games have been kind of gross/disgusting to look at which seems like a strange direction from the pixel art focused original.
This seems more interesting that runner 3, at least

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Bubsy 3D was made by Bend (true story), Woolies Strike Back was made by the Giana Sisters team, now this is being made by the Bit. Trip guys?

What the hell is up with Bubsy attracting legit talent to make these terrible games?!
Lol, they went directly from Bubsy to Syphon Filter:

hcH4RGl.jpg

That's amazing.

AmericanKirby

Aug 31, 2018
Inside your house
Out of all platformer franchises the game industry could have chose to dig out of its grave, why the fuck did it have to be Bubsy? Can we sacrifice Bubsy's entire franchise's existence and its creators' souls to Satan and bring Banjo-Kazooie or Tomba or Klonoa or literally anything else back instead?

Motwera

Oct 27, 2017
I know they teased a game from the ending of Woolies Strikes Back but, I thought that game flopped quite hard that basically meant no more Bubsy for a while, not this...

Oct 25, 2017
Out of all platformer franchises the game industry could have chose to dig out of its grave, why the fuck did it have to be Bubsy? Can we sacrifice Bubsy's entire franchise's existence and its creators' souls to Satan and bring Banjo-Kazooie or Tomba or Klonoa or literally anything else back instead?
We performed the ceremony incorrectly so all you get is Bubsy, sorry.

ChaserX

Nov 1, 2017
Miami, FL
18 years later. Megaman Legends 3 goes unmade.

Meanwhile Bubsy gets two sequels.

hqdefault.jpg
It's funny in a cosmic sort of way.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
If they are going to go full meme, why not release a physical version of Bubsy 3D: Bubsy Visits te James Turrell Retrospective?

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
I find it bizarre that they continue to lean into the "LOL EVERYONE HATES BUBSY" aspect on social media but inject none of that humor into the actual games.

Oct 27, 2017
Peru
Well, it does look better than the last one (not a high bar, I know) and the developers seem decent.

Who knows? This might be the actual first good Bubsy game.

OP
OP
Captain of Outer Space

Captain of Outer Space

Come Sale Away With Me
Oct 28, 2017
Those three are owned by big publishers, so those are unlikely to happen unless somebody makes an amazing pitch to them.

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, they got Virgil AND Woolie? Now I'm motivated.

Veliladon

Oct 27, 2017
How many of you whippersnappers have actually played Bubsy? Like start to finish completed it? Expressed sheer frustration at the UFO boss hit detection. Done the world's shittiest platform with the world's shittiest controls in the forest level. Made your way through those god forsaken spaceship levels.

Slaving over a hot Genesis slogging through this shitfest because you paid 50 god damned dollars for it even if you'd rather just complete Sonic 2 again.

Mr_Bubbles

Jan 28, 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed Runner3 and its whacky world though, especially with charles martinet narrating it as a whole. Runner1 and 2 were also awesome and lend itself more to the hardcore 2d runner type. I liked all the variations in 3, and it kept the very rewarding feeling when finishing a run.

Timu

Oct 25, 2017
How many of you whippersnappers have actually played Bubsy? Like start to finish completed it? Expressed sheer frustration at the UFO boss hit detection. Done the world's shittiest platform with the world's shittiest controls in the forest level. Made your way through those god forsaken spaceship levels.

Slaving over a hot Genesis slogging through this shitfest because you paid 50 god damned dollars for it even if you'd rather just complete Sonic 2 again.
I actually played Bubsy on an SNES as I owned it back then and did actually beat the game. And yes, it's a frustrating and hard game.

Kid Heart

Oct 25, 2017
Have to admit, I admire the hustle. I kind of want this to succeed, if only for Bubsy to somehow beat the odds and make a game critically praised. That would confirm we've truly entered the weirdest time line.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
"That's right, I'm baaack!"

giphy.gif

As someone who played the hell out of the first Bubsy on Genesis as a kid... why?

Spinluck

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
Busby out here trying to get his while Banjo is about to get his job application rejected by Masahiro Sakurai :(

totowhoa

Oct 25, 2017
Yikes.

Super yikes.

This makes me not want to eventually buy Runner 3 if I'm being honest.

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
They're really trying to revive him, huh? Even after that atrocious last game, which I did play and finish.

It must've sold decently well. I know my local library got two copies and I feel bad for them having spent money on it.