• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SweetSark

Banned
Nov 29, 2017
Meh.
Call me when a Bubsy fighting videogame is made or, you know, a Bubsy Collectathon videogame would be nice.
But yeah, I hope this one is good at least.

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
I can't hate anymore. Bubsy is that bad bitch that does what it wants now. I fully expect this franchise to continue forever and for the internet to buy every new game indefinitely.

Poimandres

Oct 26, 2017
You clearly haven't listened to enough of his insipid puns and one-liners.

I've always found Bubsy charmingly lame. Crash has always rubbed me the wrong way, ever since the first PS1 game. Coming a few years after the dime-a-dozen platform mascot years of the 16 bit era didn't help.

Obviously there's no denying that the Crash games are better, but I have a weird soft spot for the first Bubsy. It's not totally devoid of merit.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Ah so it will also be a one hour overpriced asset flip again.

Yeah, stop buying these games.

Ometeotl

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How many of you whippersnappers have actually played Bubsy? Like start to finish completed it? Expressed sheer frustration at the UFO boss hit detection. Done the world's shittiest platform with the world's shittiest controls in the forest level. Made your way through those god forsaken spaceship levels.

Slaving over a hot Genesis slogging through this shitfest because you paid 50 god damned dollars for it even if you'd rather just complete Sonic 2 again.

I beat both 1 and 2 on the SNES and ayed more of 3D than anyone should. I never played the GBC version of 2, the unique Jaguar game nor the new game but I've watched playthroughs.

viskod

Nov 9, 2017
All this tells me is that not enough fire was used in the response to the first attempt at a Bubsy reboot. More fire needs to be used this time to deter another try.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm amazed that there actually using Bubsy's old supporting cast. Like where there a group of fans desperate for the return of the Armadillo?

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
Choice Provisions art style for their games have been crap since Runner 2 (though that was at least much better than Runner 3 and this). This looks genuinely bad.

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
I know not what sins I have committed to be sent to this timeline, but I shall do whatever is necessary to repent.

DeeDogg

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Florida
unknown.png
giphy.gif

VinylCassette64

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
lmao I'm shocked that bubsy is actively getting new games, and TWSB wasn't a one-off.

hopefully it's better than...all of the bubsy games that already exist (maybe it might, considering the developer?...)

i guess we'll wait and see. what could pawsibly go wrong?

smurfx

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
wow is there anybody in the world that is actually nostalgic about bubsy? guess it's better than creating your own mascot.

gcwy

Oct 27, 2017
Houston, TX
Why do they want to continue the mediocrity that this series has been always known? Surely they're better off making new IPs.

rawhide

Oct 28, 2017
Way too many idiots ironically bought the first revival game and now more and better developers are being forced to debase themselves at the altar of memery.

Firebrand

Oct 25, 2017
This looks like garbage in so many ways. I'd think I'll just play Bubsy 1 if I for some mysterious reason find myself needing a Bubsy fix.

origummy

Sep 24, 2018
So I hope I'm not breaking any rules by saying this but I'm one of the developers on the game. Please feel free to ask me if you have any questions!

To address the main concern I'm seeing in here, though: We promise this isn't any sort of reskin! We built the game from the ground up to be its own unique thing, and part of that was offering four playable characters with unique movesets/playstyles. Two of the characters have auto-runner gameplay, whereas the other two have different gameplay entirely.

Anyway, I apologize if this comes off as me trying to market the game or anything along those lines. I just wanted to offer a little insight! And if anyone has any other questions please let me know!

KDR_11k

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
I guess Bubsy is the equivalent of "all PR is good PR", it'll get people to notice your game but for all the wrong reasons. Probably the equivalent of causing a massive accident with an advertising vehicle. Yeah, everybody will see you...

To address the main concern I'm seeing in here, though: We promise this isn't any sort of reskin!

Don't get those comments wrong, the previous Bubsy wasn't just a reskin either, all the content in it was its own but it was clear that it was strongly based on Giana Sisters Twisted Dreams (except missing the titular twisted world mechanic). But it was tedious garbage and over in 2 hours.

roguesquirrel

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
After Giana Sisters Twisted Dreams and Runner3 I cant wait to see what moderately popular indie platformer gets a low budget Bubsy reskin in 2020.