• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
Watch it be better than Forces.

Sonic 06 is a better game than Bubsy 3D.

Forces could be dire but Sonic's lows have never reached Bubsy's lows. This game is going to have to be far above the average Bubsy game to even think about entering the lower echelons of Sonic occupied by the likes of Shadow the Hedgehog and Sonic Blast.

Last edited:

Possumowner

Oct 27, 2017
Uk
I may be in the minority but when originally released I thought Bubsy was awful,however the Giana Sisters was great so hoping this turns out as good or better

OP
OP
Lump

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Sonic 06 is a better game than Bubsy 3D.

Forces could be dire but Sonic's lows have never reached Bubsy's lows. This game is going to have to be far above the average Bubsy game to even think about entering the lower echelons of Sonic occupied by the likes of Shadow the Hedgehog and Sonic Blast.

Bubsy 3D is one of the worst games of all time. Its shockingly terrible, and age has made it even worse. The controls and field of view were enough to cause headaches.

Deleted member 13155

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Bubsy 1 enjoyed positive reviews from well known Outlets. Its since 3d that this franchise gets shat on. For good reason, Bubsy has always been shit. I've owned it on Jaguar and it was a turd.

3D was made by whats now called Bend studios. Working on Days Gone now.

Deleted member 9486

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I liked the original on SNES back in the day.

I can't see this being good and I haven't had much luck enjoying non-Mario 2D Platformerd in ages so I'll pass. Maybe check it out if it ever hits PS+.

XeroxKopy

Oct 27, 2017
I have the Purrfect Edition preordered because I clearly hate myself.

Hopefully it's at least okay?

M.Steiner

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Love the accolades lol.

I'll be honest, I actually kinda liked Bubsy 1 on the Mega Drive back in the day. It wasn't one of my favs or anything, but I didn't find it that bad (as a kid at least heh). I never did play any of the others though.
I hadn't planned on picking this up but who knows, maybe I'll pick it up in a sale if it isn't terrible.

Oct 27, 2017
Bubsy 3D is one of the worst games of all time. Its shockingly terrible, and age has made it even worse. The controls and field of view were enough to cause headaches.

Oh believe me, I'm well aware of this. I had the misfortune of playing it on actual Playstation hardware around the time it came out. No one warned me.

Phediuk

Oct 27, 2017
This feels like such a wasted opportunity to make an ironic Bubsy game. Like come on, that's a meme waiting to happen. Though I guess that Bubsy 3D fangame already covered that.

Zubz

Oct 25, 2017
no
hmmm.....we need to go deeper on this.

I think it's for Fur-K game- wait. Crash beat them to that pun. This is Bubsy; I actually could not think of a better reason than a pun for this game to have Pro Support.

This feels like such a wasted opportunity to make an ironic Bubsy game. Like come on, that's a meme waiting to happen. Though I guess that Bubsy 3D fangame already covered that.

Agreed. The only other reason to make this game is if the current rights holders truly wanted to keep the copyright, & are in a situation where they needed to get a Bubsy game out immediately to do so.

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
I'm bewildered at the fact that they're seriously releasing this right between Mario Odyssey and Sonic Forces. Anyone who wants a mascot platformer is almost certainly going with one of those two.

That song in the Halloween trailer is actually pretty good though. Will pick this up when it hits bargain bin prices in a PSN sale.

Zubz

Oct 25, 2017
no
I'm bewildered at the fact that they're seriously releasing this right between Mario Odyssey and Sonic Forces. Anyone who wants a mascot platformer is almost certainly going with one of those two.

That song in the Halloween trailer is actually pretty good though. Will pick this up when it hits bargain bin prices in a PSN sale.

Maybe there's a behind-the-scenes type deal where they'll make more money on a financial failure?

CreeperBlocks

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
ObedientImmenseGreatargus-small.gif

This will be a wonderful trainwreck.

latest

For those who don't know who this is: It's Woolie from the Youtube Channel: Two Best Friends Play.

Lwill

Oct 28, 2017
I like the original Bubsy when I was younger (especially in graphics, level themes, and Bubsy's numerous death animations,) but the running mechanics was counterproductive. I played Bubsy 2, and it was one of the most painful video game experiences I had. I can't believe anyone thought it was a good idea to interuptly change the music of the level seconds at a time...

I hope the new game fixes the flawed mechanics of the original series, but I don't think that was the case.
That is going to give me nightmares.

Dax

Oct 25, 2017
Bubsy 3D deserves to spend its days in meme hell and I haven't played Bubsy 2, however I liked the original Bubsy game so I don't understand the hate for the series at all. That being said, this new game isn't looking too hot

roguesquirrel

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Bubsy 1 is like a manifestation of every complaint people have when they pull that "2D Sonic was never good!" shtick. Your controls want you to go fast but the game throws obstacles all over the place forcing you to take it slow and inch the camera with the shoulder buttons. Bubsys jump is too unwieldy for precision, and bouncing off an enemy is awkwardly programmed and never feels right. Its a bad game that wouldve become a mostly forgotten footnote of the era like Mr Nutz or something if it wasnt for Bubsy 3D shining a huge spotlight on the series.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This whole game was such a phenomenally stupid idea that it makes me want to purchase the $40 physical limited edition. An idea this bad, carried all the way to execution, somehow needs to be commemorated.

Deleted member 18407

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I legit hope this game is good. I know Bubsy is bad (though I think his badness is far overstated nowadays) but I just keep rooting for the little bastard. I ordered a disc copy and it'll be here on Thursday!

TheIcedP

Oct 27, 2017
It seems weird to suddenly bring back a character that everyone knows was shit. Will give em props though for taking a huge leap of faith into making a full game of a character that people only remember as being a shitty pun-making cat that wears a shirt.

Oct 25, 2017
Damn I mean I remember Bubsy back in the SNES days but who really thought it was okay to bring him back from the dead and greenlight this game? Looks like a boring uninspired mobile game.

Oct 25, 2017
Milwaukee, WI
I'm so so worried this will do well. Not because I have it out for the developers. Good on them if they can make some money. But OH BOY I dont want quick buck artists mining around for ironic mascots.

Deleted member 26684

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
The actual games, the three 2D ones, are pretty good. I think the first is a little better (mechanically) than the other two, but it's not a huge gap or anything.

I'm kinda hype for this game. Twisted Dreams was pretty good stuff, and Bubsy seems reasonably fitting. I'm not terribly upset over the $40 price, because this is probably a bigger game than Twisted Dreams, and the devs really deserve better after what happened to poor little Rogue Stormers.