• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kinggroin

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Uranus, get it?!? YOUR. ANUS.
Well I guess I spoke a bit too soon. I haven't crashed yet, but I have noticed some odd moments of texture disappearing in adjacent rooms.

Also I finally got a hold of the throwing knives and they seem much more difficult to throw compared to the demo. I can probably only throw them like 3-4 feet and it has a pretty dramatic downward curve. This might have been what people were complaining about on Oculus, but I am not sure if it works better on Vive.

I'm on Vive and have experienced zero issues throwing knives, even across the room. At least, it feels no different than the demo.

I'm pretty sure they mentioned fixing that particular issue on Rift.

Bookoo

Nov 3, 2017
I'm on Vive and have experienced zero issues throwing knives, even across the room. At least, it feels no different than the demo.

I'm pretty sure they mentioned fixing that particular issue on Rift.

Ah that must be it. Someone made a post about it on r/Oculus about it and it is pretty terrible. I was practicing on the dart board and standing at the other end of the room and I don't think I couldn't even make it to the wall.

clyde_

Nov 2, 2017
I thought the heavy knives (I mean "letter-openers") was just a balance change.
I kinda like having to get close for the kill; it makes it... more personal.

Bookoo

Nov 3, 2017
They patched the game the other day on Oculus and the knives feel better. Before I couldn't throw the knife more than like 4 feet, but now I can manage to hit a wall from 10+ feet away without much effort.

low-G

Oct 25, 2017
Finally got a chance to play some (Father's Day reward). It's real great. I don't know what to add except it's the real deal. Sound is handled probably better than any other VR game, (lack of sounds for things colliding in VR is all too common). I can really tell they put a ton of thought into design / gameplay - I can see where the time went.

Thankfully with the patches (maybe) and my decent computer I've had zero performance problems, too.

Looking forward to getting a chance to play more.

Caesar III

Jan 3, 2018
Throwing knives in my wmr headset is kinda difficult. I hope this will be fixed as well since without it the game is not complete :) Besides that it feels awesome.

low-G

Oct 25, 2017
I'm enjoying the game a lot, but I did run into one very poorly designed area.

Namely an area where the only way to progress is to find a tiny vent hidden behind an object in the corner of a tiny room (among many, many more obvious paths, including a second more obvious vent in that same tiny room), and then to find a roof exit in that tiny room (I had to look it up online). There are no clues to where this vent is. There are no hints or ingame voice or anything. Just find the extremely well hidden spot to follow the mainline. This is like a Monkey Island pixel hunt.

Laser Man

Oct 26, 2017
I'm not sure I've encountered an AI bug or if this is supposed to happen, I'm in the broadcasting area and there is this robot, really cool encounter the first time I've seen him... I think he is supposed to be after you all the time once he has spottet you but he follows my position around, always, even in vents and underground. I move, he moves... how the hell am I supposed to do anything? Maybe I'm not supposed to be spottet by him at all but I doubt that. He can see me through walls, wallhaxx0r!

If that is actually normal, what am I supposed to do? I have yet to find a phone in that area and once this guy is alerted I doubt I'll be able to use a phone if he can reach the room the phone is in because he is always onto me?

Last edited:

arit

Oct 29, 2017
I'm not sure I've encountered an AI bug or if this is supposed to happen, I'm in the broadcasting area and there is this robot, really cool encounter the first time I've seen him... I think he is supposed to be after you all the time once he has spottet you but he follows my position around, always, even in vents and underground. I move, he moves... how the hell am I supposed to do anything? Maybe I'm not supposed to be spottet by him at all but I doubt that. He can see me through walls, wallhaxx0r!

If that is actually normal, what am I supposed to do? I have yet to find a phone in that area and once this guy is alerted I doubt I'll be able to use a phone if he can reach the room the phone is in because he is always onto me?
That is normal.
Basic solution:
If you turn on the lights he will go to one of the central rooms and turn it off, you can imprison him into that room by using the door control panel on top of it.

A bit more indepth:
Starting from the tunnel at the beginning with the first power switch, there is one grate at the end of this tunnel from which you can see the room he will go into if he tuns off the lights. If you sit a bit back from the grate he will go to into the smaller room in between you and your power switch (where the 2 grates are from this tunnel). Once he is in there you have enough time to teleport into the other power room and up into the ceiling. He will follow you into the room and you can error out the door controls locking him in.
Or alternatively you can teleport and run like a mad man.

And if the game should crash later like it did for me:
While the progress is saved, like doors being unlocked, the state of a certain switch controlling power is not. This may have changed with patches, but at least I redid the whole part again, since I completely forgot about this it (having toggled it right at the beginning of the level).

Last edited:

Laser Man

Oct 26, 2017
That is normal.
Basic solution:
If you turn on the lights he will go to one of the central rooms and turn it off, you can imprison him into that room by using the door control panel on top of it.

A bit more indepth:
Starting from the tunnel at the beginning with the first power switch, there is one grate at the end of this tunnel from which you can see the room he will go into if he tuns off the lights. If you sit a bit back from the grate he will go to into the smaller room in between you and your power switch (where the 2 grates are from this tunnel). Once he is in there you have enough time to teleport into the other power room and up into the ceiling. He will follow you into the room and you can error out the door controls locking him in.
Or alternatively you can teleport and run like a mad man.

And if the game should crash later like it did for me:
While the progress is saved, like doors being unlocked, the state of a certain switch controlling power is not. This may have changed with patches, but at least I redid the whole part again, since I completely forgot about this it (having toggled it right at the beginning of the level).

Thanks man, I didn't even see that control panel in the ceiling so I was a bit clueless on what to do.

Anyway, also finished the game now. I really like it but it ends with teasing you with a new environment which would have been really cool to play, can't complain for the pricetag really and if there will be more one day I will definitely be there. It's a bit on the easy side on normal, everytime you get rid of the security bots you are free to explore everything which is fair I guess but also a bit too mundane, for the lack of a better word. One or two more enemy variations or different stealth situations would have been nice... but as I said, can't complain really!