• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Adulfzen

Oct 29, 2017
So I personally didn't play the Last of Us 2 but it seems like there has been a lot of bullshit regarding assholes hating on a new female character introduced in the game because she dared being a woman withl defined muscles :

*** If you click on the artstation link it apparently leads to spoilers so be careful if you haven't played the game yet ***

So I thought, instead of focusing on this negativity we should celebrate women of all body types but in particular those with some welcome muscle definition so I'll start myself with a few examples :

zarya-concept.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg

Zarya from Overwatch

latest
C5ttlQnUwAATeK7.jpg

Urbosa from Breath of the Wild

Borderlands_3_Amara_Build_Article_Website_Youtube_Thumbnail.jpg
HXJApTdF3ayrdQMyuNudy9.jpg

Amara from Borderlands 3

There should always be more buff women in videogames but for now let's celebrate those who already exist !

Last edited:

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I just want to say, Abby is my favourite character this gen.

My partner is muscular and sometimes feels like she isn't feminine enough. She's beginning to embrace it a little more, I think she'll find this thread empowering.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The Gerudo in general are shown to be very muscular in BotW.

Most Street Fighter women also have well defined muscle.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I love muscular women in video games, Urbosa for example is just a great character in terms of design and personality, I would want her protecting me any day.

I'm a massive fan of Abby too, i love what they did with the character

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
God forbid we have body representation that makes some men insecure. All of these characters are top shelf and some of my favorites.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
I assume you mean realistic and not like 'Amazon from Dragon's Crown' right

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Angela Belti from Power Instinct is the true queen

Duane

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, pretty much everyone in Street Fighter. And Chunners is damn near the most iconic, recognized female character in video games. Definitely top three or something.

Dries

Banned
Aug 19, 2019
Diversity in body types in gaming is much needed. Very happy to see the course TLOU2 has set in. For me, it gives characters more personality. Good stuff.

OP
OP
Adulfzen

Adulfzen

Oct 29, 2017

I don't really wanna define what is good or bad representation of muscular women because a lot of male characters in videogames display ridiculous features as well but if you mean hyper sexualized then maybe yeah

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain
I love muscular women. They're very, very underrepresented everywhere, not just in videogames, and it's such a shame.

You had some good examples, OP. I'd like to add Chun-Li too, especially her appearance in SFV.

chun-li-dons-her-old-garb-from-street-fighter-alpha_a1zs.620.jpg

The toned arms are great, but those legs could crush a watermelon without breaking a sweat.

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'd also nominate Sarah Palmer from Halo 4/5. She's maybe not yoked - she's mostly in her armor after all, but she's a fucking tank like all Spartans, something like 7 feet tall and over 200 pounds.

Farrac

Nov 3, 2017
Alcalá de Henares, Spain
Buff women are the coolest, but they're so rare. Here's Rinkah, from Fire Emblem Fates.
latest

The other day my girlfriend realized she's fascinated with women abs, so I want to show her all of them. Let's keep'em coming.
Vanillaware games take the cake here
Vanillaware being like "ah, yes, this is peak human perfection".
latest

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
No love for Lara Croft?

Compared to her old games, she's more buffed in the recent ones, especially Shadow. Which makes sense as she's been climbing for many games.

Rise_Shadow.png

OP
OP
Adulfzen

Adulfzen

Oct 29, 2017
I admit I thought about Street Fighter V as well but I also wish we had at least one character on the level of a Zangief in that game which still shows there are some hard barriers between what women can look like compared to their male counterpart.

But I'm happy to see all those examples already !

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Vanessa in Virtua Fighter 4/Evo. And then she lost most of that muscle for 5... bah, I hated her "redesign" in 5.

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019
I mean, there's Sakura Ogami from the first Danganronpa, who thanks to the uniform and DR's tone you think is just going to be a slightly-offensive visual gag or something, but somehow manages to subvert those expectations and be one of the best characters in the game.
latest

Oct 25, 2017
Abby is probably my favourite new character design this gen. I want a TLoU/RE crossover where she and Chris team up to duke it out with zombies and boulders.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I love this trend personally. My wife is obsessed with fitness Instagram profiles as she's trying to achieve the same results, works for me :).

Jan 10, 2018
I always loved roleplaying as buff women in MMO's. Sadly they're usually among the least played characters.

Roegadyn in Final Fantasy XIV:

m6TIdua.jpg

Orc in Lineage II:

orc-lineage-2-5453050-500-822.jpg

Kazooie

Jul 17, 2019
I see Rinkah was already posted. Also that she apparently got even buffer for her mobile game.

Kaguya

Jun 19, 2018
Wonder how people from the TLoU2 shoulder gate feel about women shoulders in Tekken games, lol.

Croc Man

Oct 27, 2017
Wtf? What a strange complaint. It's not like she's whatsherface from Danganronpa ( great character btw).

Admittedly I haven't played the game but in general I wonder how post apocalyptic characters get so buff with so little protein.

On the flip side how does any character carry some of the weapon loads we see.

Sheev

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Most of my picks have been posted so I'll go with Beastmaster Raha from Battle Chasers Nightwar.
f59ee02776ad7a3e8ba67ea138563c63.jpg