• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 3812

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There's a bug affecting iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch devices that are upgraded to iOS 11 or later where the devices autocorrects the letter "i" "to an "A" with a symbol"

Link to Apple Support article: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208240

If you type the letter "i" and it autocorrects to an "A" with a symbol

If you updated your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to iOS 11 or later and find that when you type the letter "i" it autocorrects to the letter "A" with a symbol, learn what to do.

KHarvey16

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Maybe I'm an idiot, but offering a workaround until an update fixes it seems...perfectly reasonable?

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
I hate these updates, as it always seems to break something every time they try to fix something else.

SJRB

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
There seem to be a lot of random/daft bugs in the more recent iOS updates.

NekoFever

Oct 25, 2017
Is this widespread? I'm typing on my iPhone now and it's fine. Haven't seen this happen anywhere.

I've been watching what autocorrect is doing for this whole post.

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've been wondering why tf a bunch of people in my twitter feed doing this, I kind of assumed it was a meme that went over my old head :(

Chan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What am I paying you for Apple!!!! Fucks up my iPad Pro with keyboard.

Oct 30, 2017
Your Imagination
I noticed one recently when adding a new contact - you enter First and Last names, then when you want to change the number type, the cursor jumps back up to Company and then you have to re-tap the number field to continue typing the actual phone number.